PoS: The Dark Lady

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hingabe, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Hingabe Augur

100bard main, 97mage box, 97necro box. How do I beat this chick? Her fear emote is a PITA. Got her to 54 before I had to fade and rez my team. Any input is greatly appreciated.
  2. Riou EQResource

Look away from her on the emote and you wont be feared
    Romance likes this.
  3. Coldfury New Member

with casters you can keep them all facing away from her full time to avoid it.
  4. Randragon Augur

Look away on the emote like a poster said. All is cool if you do that
  5. Crystilla Augur

As folks have said, she emotes a certain text and if you look away when it goes off you won't get feared. Since you have casters for 2 chars, you can set them up so they don't stare at her, leaving just the bard to have to deal with.

Your mercenaries, will end up getting feared a bit; that's the life of a merc.
  6. Hingabe Augur

That was the problem. My 3 didnt get feared.. the mercs did, and she chased them down and slaughtered them, lol
  7. Crystilla Augur

Not sure how much this can help, but I know you can initially position mercs to face a certain direction. Your tank merc you can't help, but your healer merc and other merc you can position them facing away from where you're pulling to start with at least.

And you can put your own chars into a corner where they can't get feared (depending where she spawned). Downstairs positioning is easier on this than the spot upstairs.
  8. Siddar Augur

Haven't gotten around to camping this yet but I would recommend you use Doben's Spry Sonata.
  9. Axxius Augur

What everybody is trying hard to overlook: lv 97 mage and necro with bard and merc support are trying to kill a lv 103 named that is designed for lv 100 groups. And failing only because of the fear mechanic, but not because the mob wipes the floor with them, as it would do with lv 97 players of any other class. Wanna guess who is tanking? ;)
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

11. Hingabe Augur

The merc and bard are tanking
  12. Hingabe Augur

My caster boxes are just dps, the pets are like melee resist dots
  13. Krag Lorekeeper

I camped her for days and days. Never got the drop I wanted, no idea how rare that clicky is. I had a Mage, Necro, Wizard, Bard all 100. Was very easy, just face away. This was before the pet nerfs. Not sure if the pets can survive now, when the cleric merc gets feared. I don't know I pretty much quit after the nerfs.
  14. Cakeny Augur

What about rooting the tank merc?
  15. Nylrem Augur

Probably not what you want to do, but...

Leave 1 toon, with it's healer merc, 1 floor above/below her. Merc won't get feared, and will continue to heal from one floor above/below.
  16. Schadenfreude Augur

The slow but steady method works.
    Summon three x Cleric Mercs.
    Position all characters facing away from her so you don't have to worry about following the emote at all.
    Do not melee on the Bard, song support only.
    With RB running on the Necro plus Aegis, Mage pet heals and the constant stream of swarm pets even if all Cleric three Mercs are feared at once it shouldn't matter.
    Curse as yet another cloak drops.
  17. Brohg Augur

Three clerics? Z-axis exploits? Y'all are giving this mob WAY too much respect. Definitely pocket the tank merc, back the bard off to run songs, and you're set to wtfpwnzor The Dark Lady. Without a fearable tank for her to chase into the boonies, all you have to do is kill the mob. The first time I killed her, it was solo on necro with straight swarmskeles. Those guys are a touch weaker now, but you have a whole extra magician there to back em up