Enchanter AA Chat Summary

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Silv, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Silv Augur

This is my edited version of the AA chat with Elidroth this evening. An important note is that I have MOVED responses to the appropriate question asked. Hopefully this helps recap or provide the information to people unable to be at the chat or those who don't go to EQResource. Based on MY OPINION I've highlighted positive chat in blue, neutral is in standard black, and negative/no in red. I believe that should be color-blind friendly. Just to re-emphasize, this is MY edited version with highlights based on my opinion.

One section on charm is underlined. It's my belief that the current state of our ability to charm is completely different between dev to dev.Hopefully the improvements mentioned include addressing this kind of issue. The topic of charm-ish stuff seemed to be confusing overall.

p.s. I think we had a very positive chat session and we received a lot of YES answers to many of our "list" ideas.

Here we go (original transcript derived from EQResource (http://eqresource.com/board/index.php?topic=116925.0):
    ---------------------

[18:29] <@Elidroth> Aristo and I really want to get some new functionality for Enchanters..
    [18:29] <@Elidroth> we don't have it yet, but we wants it!
    [18:29] <Jamazing> Pleas explain a bit???
    [18:30] <@Elidroth> we want to move enchanters into a role like the Bard for spellcasters
    [18:30] <@Elidroth> Enchanters should be the ADPS for casters
    [18:31] <@Elidroth> I also really want a way to allow enchanter charm pets to be the main tank on a case by case basis
    [18:31] <@Elidroth> or more specifically.. I want to be able to shut off the current PC preference on aggro lists on the fly
    [18:31] <Qest> Are we talking buffs/auras or stuff like Chromatic Percussion and Mental Appropriation?
    [18:32] <@Elidroth> Buffs, abilities, etc.
    [18:32] <@Elidroth> I'd like Enchanters to play an ACTIVE role in spell dps
    [18:32] <@Elidroth> not just be a buff bot
    [18:32] <@Elidroth> but that hasn't happened yet

[18:33] <Narye> Hastened Illusions of Granduer (like to see this down to 10 mins reuse so we can use it with our other stuff)
    [18:34] <@Elidroth> Nope.. Illusions of Grandeur was intended to be something used when you REALLY needed a push
    [18:35] <@Elidroth> it's not supposed to be available for every fight

[18:35] <Narye> Gift of Chromatic Haze (every time we cast a nuke gives us a chance to give a single proc chromatic haze for instant dd spells to everyone in our group.)
    [18:37] <@Elidroth> I like the Gift of Chromatic Haze idea, but the percentages will be something I'll have to work out
    [18:37] <@Elidroth> It's something I don't really want up all the time.

[18:39] <Narye> Improved Mental contortion (couple more ranks to the existing aa to make it slightly more effective, every bit helps right?)
    [18:41] <@Elidroth> 1 is fine.. but I'll look at the resists so it's a bit more reliable.

[18:41] <Qest> Can you explain your position on us getting Quiet Miracle?
    [18:42] <@Elidroth> We just don't want to give that to everyone. The more often we give it out, the more other classes who want it too have reasonable expectations of getting it

[18:44] <Narye> whats our chances of getting more leveles of VoM?
    [18:48] <@Elidroth> I wasn't going to upgrade Veil of Mindshadow as it just got an upgrade last expansion

[18:44] <Qest> We need a beneficial-only dispell. We are Enchanters, we should be the masters of enchantments (buffs) and yet we're behind Rangers, Monks, and Necromancers on this.
    [18:47] <Mykaylla> An update for those who weren't around for the necromancer and mage AA chats- Elidroth mentioned talking with Aristo about making the Eradicate Enchantment beneficial-only dispel for all silk classes.

[18:48] <Narye> Improved Sanguine Mind Crystal & azure mind crystal (tradeable, and more mana, no rent, no storage, temporary) - please?

[18:49] <Silv> Could you upgrade the values on the Mind Crystals and keep them as self only like the current version then?
    [18:51] <@Elidroth> I'll upgrade them, but I'd prefer they remain self-only
    ----------------
    Text cut, part 2 next
    -------------------
    Lonye and Narye like this.
  2. Silv Augur

[18:48] <@Elidroth> I know it isn't going to make people happy, but until we get some serious code time.. the AA system as a whole is running out of space
    [18:49] <@Elidroth> so I don't want to go using up what I have as quickly as possible.. if that makes sense

[18:49] <@Elidroth> Hopefully when this expansion comes out I'll get some time

[18:50] <Narye> Our mana draw, all those, are seriously falling behind, I cant get more than 10% of my mana back - can we get an upgrade?

[18:51] <Narye> or - Gift of Gather Mana (some sort of way to pump mana to the group, whether a single use 10 minutre reuse gift of mana like quiet miracle or a proc off of our spells in which we feed mana to the group. Maybe even make it so that when we use gather mana we get 10 procs that each time we cast a spell we give the group XXXX mana. )
    [18:52] <@Elidroth> I'm ok with Enchanters funneling mana to their group so long as it's in the context of actively doing something, and not just pressing a "give everyone mana" button

[18:52] <Narye> More levels of Edict of command ( max level + 3 the same as for mez and stun
    [18:53] <@Elidroth> There are 3 new ranks of Edict of Command already

[18:53] <Silv> In regard to mana then - when we nuke? or mez? What is your ideal "active" for us with giving mana to the group?

[18:54] <@Elidroth> yeah Silv.. something offensive in nature
    [18:56] <@Elidroth> I don't want you relegated to mana batteries

[18:53] <Narye> Hastened Runes (Like to get our Unity rune down to 8 or 6 second recast)
    [18:55] <@Elidroth> I don't want to hasten all runes

[18:56] <Narye> Hastened Stasis: We still have one of the worst recast timers on fade despite having TWO. Could we at least get a screen emote on Friendly Stasis so my friendly overnuking Wizard knows why they can't move?
    [18:57] <@Elidroth> Narye - I wish I could do that.. I'll ask if I can get code to create something like that. That's a really good idea that could be very useful elsewhere too

[18:58] <Narye> An Instant single target mem blur.? any chance?
    [18:59] <@Elidroth> Narye - I'm not a fan of instant for memblue
    [19:00] <Narye> Fog of Memories' 12 sec recast delay is problematic tho?
    [19:00] <Qest> How about very quick casting single mem blur then>?
    [19:00] <@Elidroth> I could upgrade Fog of Memories with a faster cast time.. but instant is too much

[19:01] <Qest> Can we get recycle time on Fog of Memories too?
    [19:02] <@Elidroth> Qest - It's 12 sec right now.. that's ok

[19:00] <Narye> Ethereal Manipulation needs upgrading. It's set to work with specific spells only, so when they get new ethereal
    [19:01] <@Elidroth> Narye - yeah.. that's an ongoing thing.. happens every expansion

[19:02] <Narye> Mesmerization Mastery 2.0: Add a % that will increase the duration another 1 - 2 tics. Why? Because. It would put regular confound at 1m 46/50ish with raid extension foci. OR Add in targetted (NOT PBAE) mez to be affected. Targetted AE mez was never the problem, it was PBAE
    [19:02] <@Elidroth> Nope

[19:02] <@Elidroth> our reasons for changing that ability were well documented

[19:02] <Silv> Could you clarify your stance on hastened self stasis? it got lost earlier
    [19:03] <@Elidroth> What do you mean Silv?
    [19:03] <@Elidroth> did I miss a question somewhere?
    [19:03] <Silv> I believe Narye asked if we could receive more ranks of hastened self stasis (fade) because we are lagging in the reuse
    [19:04] <Silv> reuse is currently 9.5 minutes
    [19:04] <@Elidroth> oh.. yeah.. that I can do

[19:04] <Silv> great, thanks, and if you could consider friendly stasis as well, its 15 minute reuse
    [19:05] <@Elidroth> I'll consider Friendly as well but no guarantee

[19:04] <Narye> Any chance of more than 8 targets? 10 maybe, you throw so many mobs at us we have to keep up somehow :) (mez)
    [19:05] <Narye> have to save the overnuking wizards somehow ..
    [19:05] <@Elidroth> 8 targets is our standard for AoEs now

[19:09] <Silv> You mentioned AEs were supposed to be capped at 8 targets but our AE mez is only 6
    [19:09] <@Elidroth> Mezzes are a different animal

[19:05] <Narye> Passive Improved Dodge: Yeah, we'll probably get a little with the level increase but how about a small bump per level via AA?
    [19:06] <@Elidroth> Dodge won't help until we get the Strikethrough issue sorted out

[19:07] <Narye> Phantasmic reflex 7/8/9 - Add rune proc by stunning in addition to mezzing
    [19:08] <@Elidroth> I don't follow
    [19:08] <Ismel> right now it trigers on mez could it triger on stun also
    [19:08] <@Elidroth> oh
    [19:08] <@Elidroth> Yeah.. I'll add that to the new ranks only

[19:10] <EverChanter> For the next expansion...what are you guys looking at in terms of best for Enchanters? Are we looking to push away from the CC and tune towards spell dps or runes or? Just wondering where you are feeling with it?
    [19:10] <@Elidroth> CC is highly dependent upon content.. so that's getting a careful review to ensure you're still in the game that way..
    [19:11] <@Elidroth> I'd like to make your DPS secondary role a bit more up front.. but not so you're contesting with full dps classes
    [19:11] <@Elidroth> and then there's the caster ADPS thing I mentioned already
    [19:11] <@Elidroth> I've got some other ideas too but I don't want to talk about them so as not to get your hopes up.. lol

[19:12] <Narye> An upgrade to Recant Magic - more in line with what others have?
    [19:12] <@Elidroth> no
    [19:13] <Narye> No to recant upgrade?
    [19:14] <@Elidroth> correct

[19:17] <Narye> ok this is off the wall, but..
    [19:17] <Narye> Would love to see a spell for shiny bob called suicide bomb or something. Load him up, send him to an enemy and have him detonate.
    [19:18] <@Elidroth> only if his explosion is AOE and can hit friendlies too
    [19:18] <Qest> DEAL!!!!
    [19:18] <Lainey> SOLD
    [19:18] <@Elidroth> lol
    [19:18] <Narye> ya know...
    [19:18] <EverChanter> I'm fine with that
    [19:19] <Narye> im ok with that
    [19:19] <Silv> Works for me
    [19:19] <Narye> lets just not tell non enchanters ...
    [19:19] <Qest> 08/28/2014 5:19pm - For the first time in years, Enchanters are all in agreement on something.

[19:20] <@Elidroth> I don't know if I can even make that work right.. but I'll try.. LOL

[19:19] <Narye> Calculated Insanity (30 minutes), any chance of a hastened version?

[19:21] <@Elidroth> I'll do some ranks of hastened.. not sure how much yet.

[19:21] <illa> any advances on a mez that DTs the player who breaks it?
    [19:22] <@Elidroth> You know..
    [19:23] <@Elidroth> I can do it
    [19:24] <@Elidroth> but it would proc on ANYONE who broke it.. including when you want it broken
    [19:24] <@Elidroth> Yeah.. it would have to be a special mez

[19:25] <Silv> Could we get more hastened Crippling Aurora?
    [19:25] <Silv> its currently at 4 minutes
    [19:27] <@Elidroth> it is?
    [19:27] <@Elidroth> ah yeah
    [19:28] <@Elidroth> yeah.. I'll give it 1 more hastened rank

[19:30] <Narye> Chaotic Artifact - Allows melee to have 1/3/5% chance to proc Mana Reverb aura from weapon swings for 10/12/13 AA.
    [19:31] <@Elidroth> oh no.. no way

[19:31] <Silv> Like AA celerity, could we get an AA haste ability?
    [19:34] <@Elidroth> I doubt it would get much use..
    [19:34] <@Elidroth> if you've got an enchanter in group.. you get the best haste

[19:34] <Narye> Extend the duration and increase the hit counter on Chromatic Haze? like make a secondary shadow...
    [19:36] <@Elidroth> No chance

[19:36] <Narye>In regards to being able to tank with a charmed pet mentioned before, right now Enchanters are only able to charm blue cons, how about an AA that rasies the level cap of charm spells?"
    [19:36] <@Elidroth> o_O
    [19:36] <@Elidroth> and you can charm up to your level
    [19:36] <@Elidroth> Charm has always been level cap
    [19:36] <Narye> you can make it an expensive aa!
    [19:36] <Medail> level -1
    [19:36] <Medail> other than Edict of command
    [19:36] <Qest> She meant our spells only -1
    [19:37] <Qest> Edict AA = 100, Spell Charm = 99
    [19:39] <Silv> We'd like an ability that allows our charm spell, not Edict of Command, to charm even con mobs
    [19:39] <Qest> Which we cannot do now.

[19:42] <Narye> Extend the duration of DoTs, a la Necro Lingering Death?
    [19:43] <@Elidroth> Your dots maybe
    [19:43] <@Elidroth> I wouldn't want that castable on others

[19:43] <EverChanter> New AA request. shares with IoG but when in Tank groups as rune helper. Visions of Augury 1. Increase Healing 10% 2. Decrease Reuse Timer 4 sec 3. Increase Spell Haste 25% 4. Limit: Beneficial 5. Increase Shielding 6. Increase Chance to Riposte 7. Increase Chance to Block 8. Increase Chance to Dodge 9. Increase AC 180 seconds duration
    [19:49] <@Elidroth> that's really not what we want the enchanter to be doing

[19:50] <Narye> More targets and/or lower recast on Beam of Slumber?
    [19:51] <@Elidroth> I'll shorten reuse on Beam of Slumber slightly

[19:51] <Silv> Glyph Spray has upgraded ranks on the spell sheet, will this include DoT shielding?
    [19:52] <Silv> spread* not spell
    [19:52] <@Elidroth> It's spellshield.

[19:55] <Silv> Could we receive a DoT shield AA similar to Glyph Spray?
    [19:56] <@Elidroth> I'll just add DoTGuard to Glyph Spray

[19:56] <Asmadeus> (Hmm how does that work for fading, does the spell fade when any of the guard runs out or when they all do?)
    [19:57] <@Elidroth> any

[19:53] <Narye> Increased soft cap on Stun/Mez/Charm/Lurch AA - like to have a chance at stunning/mezzing/charming/Lurching mobs that are higher level than the level cap for these spells/abilities.?
    [19:53] <@Elidroth> no

[19:53] <Narye> Increased Stun duration AA - Our stuns were inadvertently nerfed when you fixed some internal timing issue that had nothing to do with us. An AA to extend our stuns would be nice to at least put us back where we used to be for many years.
    [19:55] <@Elidroth> I'll look into that one

[20:00] <Jaerlyn> Elidroth - on spell ADPS for chanters. can you look at the bard song Ameliorating Accelerando, and basically change 'beneficial' to detrimental, and make it into an AA for chanters to use on the group? (it lowers the -recast- on heals. i'm thinking of something that lowers the recast on nukes
    [20:01] <@Elidroth> I can do that but I'd have to add more stuff to it
    [20:01] <@Elidroth> like Cast_Time_Min
    [20:01] <Jaerlyn> yeah, but it just seems like what you were looking for

[20:02] <@Elidroth> yes and no
    [20:01] <@Elidroth> I don't want to create a whole bunch of instant cast stuff

[20:02] <Narye> Mezz Lure, lurches all mezzed targets to the Enchanter - any chance?
    [20:02] <@Elidroth> no
    [20:02] <@Elidroth> I have no way to determine what has been mezzed
    [20:02] <@Elidroth> no way to set a condition on that
    [20:03] <Silv> Could we just have a regular lure then?
    [20:03] <@Elidroth> I really don't want to keep adding more of those types of abilities

[20:04] <Narye> Anything on Charm Pet fade?
    [20:05] <@Elidroth> Can't.. you'll lose charm too and then it'll kill you
    [20:05] <@Elidroth> No way to predict order of operation there

[20:06] <Qest> Can we get something like the opposite of Spell Casting Subtlety?
    [20:06] <@Elidroth> Beastlords asked for a similar thing
    [20:07] <@Elidroth> I can experiment with giving you an opposite version of it to give you agro
    [20:07] <Asmadeus> Would it stack with visages?
    [20:07] <@Elidroth> I have no idea how it will work yet so I can't say

[20:08] <Silv> How about a combined Invisibility and Invisibility versus Undead AA - SELF only?

[20:08] <@Elidroth> No Silv

[20:08] <Qest> Where are we on Beguiler's Banishment/Beguiler's Directed Banishment Root stacking bug?
    [20:09] <@Elidroth> So what exactly is the issue between those two
    [20:09] <Asmadeus> When banishment root fades, regular root's effect drops as well even if the root icon stays
    [20:09] <Asmadeus> (so mob moves freely with root on)
    [20:09] <Qest> The temporary included root fades and if it's still rooted, it runs around with root on it.
    [20:09] <@Elidroth> ah yeah.. that's a code issue..
    [20:10] <Asmadeus> I belive you had been given a solution by changing the root slot? and it works with ranger's flusterbolt
    [20:11] <@Elidroth> I'll take a look at it again

[20:12] <Narye> If we are moving towards some bardish kindof abilities, and chance of more AC?
    [20:12] <@Elidroth> Not likely

[20:13] <Medail> Elidroth, it was asked early but no answer given, any chance in getting an AA to rase the hard level cap of charmable mobs on Charm spells? currently the spells are limited to the level we obtain the spell less one for the mob level (IE lv 100 charm can only charm lv 99 mobs)
    [20:14] <@Elidroth> no

[20:14] <@Elidroth> Any changes like that would have to be done at the spell itself. Level cap on charms is not something we can control like that
    [20:15] <Silv> Is it something that could be considered by the team to help in current content?
    [20:15] <@Elidroth> We've talked about it.. I'll have to discuss it with Aristo again though.. I think we've got some changes planned

[20:22] <@Elidroth> I think I've got a pretty solid list of things to work on here already to be honest
    Narye likes this.
  3. Ratbo Peep Augur

Very nice!!! Thanks for the work to clean it up.
    -R
  4. Ueuill Elder

So, no one asked for more ranks of Phantasmal Opponent?
    Jordis likes this.
  5. Nylrem Augur

Suicide Bomb - make it like 1 mil hp... just hope the key gets put in an out of the way place during raids, would be worse than my druid evacing me mid burn... lol.

DT mez - Really wake up that AFK DPSer that refuses to stop DPSing when told :)

Ameliorating Accelerando for nukes - really wouldn't help mages/wizards. We're already at 50% (max) hastened for our nukes. UNLESS it worked on nukes that were less than 3.0s cast time (again, though, very few of those that we use)

If enchanters to take an active aDPS role for nukers, I think a group proc that increases crit damage and/or guaranteed twincast is the way to go, proccing off of your main mez AND main nuke, at like 50% proc rate or something, single counter, for group. That way doesn't matter if your primary role in the group/encounter is CC or dps, you're able to add a fair amount of aDPS for group.
  6. Random_Enchanter Augur

[18:32] <@Elidroth> I'd like Enchanters to play an ACTIVE role in spell dps
    [18:32] <@Elidroth> not just be a buff bot

Just for highlighting sake because it is very important.
  7. Narye Augur

Ya on raids "Assist or I'll let the enchanters loose!"
  8. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

DT on mez break could be... interesting lol

The text could be fun... so-and-so has been slain for being an idiot and breaking mez

Shiney Bob as a bomb... I can see it now... Look out! Here comes Shiney BOMB!

You're just evil Narye! muahahahahahaha
    Jordis and RPoo like this.
  9. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

For those wanting a pet fade, Summon Companion Rk. 4 AA already exists, is instant cast, and has a 97% chance to fade your pet.

Personally, I only bought Rk. I because if I want pet fade, I can cast a separate blur, and there are probably interesting things that can be done if the pet doesn't fade.
  10. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

IIRC, we asked at least once, but because these are considered "swarm pets" the reaction was strongly negative towards touching "swarm pets," so we moved on, rather than try to reason with him.

We'd probably do well to come up with a specific, reasonable request and PM him with a clear explanation with no abbreviations.
  11. Jaerlyn Augur

It doesn't effect the -cast- time. It effects the -recast- time. Think of it as hundred hands, for spells. It directly effects the -delay- of the spell (the recast.)
  12. Silv Augur

It's possible I missed this (in chat or the transcript) so I'd just do a "search" on the full transcript. Almost everything on the list was asked unless it was too spell-like or essentially a spell. Some stuff just received no answer at all. Worst case we can PM him about it.

Overall I thought the list and people's ideas from the other thread were well represented. I could have included the serious questions that were left unanswered but for this cleanup I really wanted it to just be concise/definitive stuff.

For non-Enchanters I'd definitely recommend glancing over this, and that Enchanter mains probably want to read the full transcript if they have time.
    Lonye likes this.
  13. Ueuill Elder

Thanks very much. I can't be the only person who thinks Phantasmal Opponent is a good and valuable AA. If my charmed pet gets killed, it's been very useful to have an "instant tank" to help me burn down the mob.

I hope he really does give us "suicide Bob." Can't you just see it on Raids? The Enchanters launch the first attack on the boss mob with a wave of Suicide Bobs, then the tank, and then the melees Zerg.
  14. Sancho Elder

More power muahahah. I love being a chanter cause the skill variance is so huge that we just get more and more ridiculous when we get good at the class.
    Qest T. Silverclaw likes this.
  15. Sancus Augur

I admittedly don't play an enchanter main, but a lot of the positive stuff in the chat sounded pretty awesome. Obviously happy to see gains in caster ADPS, as well as gains for the class as a whole.

One question I had, though:
    What does this actually mean? Probably showing my non-enchanter-ness, but the only time I've used charm is reverse charming. It could be something very obvious and I just don't understand the wording, but I don't follow :p

Edit: Changed the color of the quote, that blue hurt my eyes
  16. Riou EQResource

Believe he is talking about NPC's tanking over PC's
  17. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

I think he meant that pets would be allowed, in certain situations, to hold aggro over players in melee range. Enchanters have an additional rule for their charmed pets. If any more than three players, including mercs, are on the aggro list, a charmed pet cannot hold aggro at all, even if nothing else is in melee range.

I imagine I'd be happy to see this across the board. It's silly that a group with a Mage pet tanking basically has no use for melees.
  18. Sancus Augur

Ahh, I see. That's a very interesting proposition... I'm a little apprehensive, but also curious, to see where they go with that
  19. Jaerlyn Augur

Elidroth has stated in the past that he wants to do a raid centered on using charmed pets for tanks, but the current pet rules do not allow for it, and all the possible workarounds are very clunky.

While many of us wouldn't mind seeing things changed, I'm not going to expect anything, except in -very- specific scenarios.

If more happens, it's just a happy bonus. Once the functionality is there for what he wants, well... maybe then some changes can slowly happen.
  20. Ueuill Elder

Elidroth just told me he that will take a look at it when he does Enchanter AAs, but he can't promise anything. That's good enough for me.
    Silv likes this.