New Bard OP AA's list

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Jyve, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Reviled Elder

The lyrical prankster model should be groupies. Oh, and no more shadowstep, Lyre Leap is sufficient for that.
  2. Aanita New Member

More levels of Furious Refrain, harmonious attack, flurry, double and triple attack, twincast, blunt, piercing and slashing master, A tune stuck in your head, and it hastened AA, new levels of Dance of Blade and hastened/extended

AA - more damage for Selo's Kick and different effects for it. Stun, debuff, fire/ice/disease types of damage in the form of a procs

AA - Throwing or a Focus on our gloves

AA that lets you boost 1 specific instrument type focus - call it Soloist performance
    Example: 2 min boost of drums focus - doubles all effects from drums like double damage on DOTs and debuffs
    Wind - extend duration of the effects, mezing - less resistance, long duration

AA - Fourth Spire that increases bard melee buy 50%

AA - one that lets you specialize in a weapon, take Troubadour's Mastery to the next level but only 1 weapon type add say 20% to the bards skill or more damage in that weapon type
  3. Aledark Journeyman

Positioning and irks
    • Hastened silent displacement(minute) and sonic displacement from 1 minute more along the lines of the monks Moving Mountain Aas.(30 seconds reuse)
    • Idle Prankster (Similar mechanism of Sianochies crescendo that would turn on/off the shadowstep of Lyrical Prankster. It is simply a pain to trigger sometimes and limited use(sucks to get ported at the bottom of a lake, down the side of a island ledge on raids or grp. Often requires up to 10 casts just to fire off.
    • Hastened Tune stuck inside your head or an improvement for 2 ticks instead of +1 tick.
    • Requiem of Time AA. would free up a gem slot...it's a lvl 60ish spell.
    Requires attention because if sub-par
    • Up the final damage of Funeral Dirge when it fades.
    • Bladed Song dmg output is very very limited(needs a boost) its a joke for the ammount of AA pts investment over a full minute.
    • Boost the damage and ranks of the gargoyles(song of stone) & Lyrical Prankster.
    Reflexive Retort
    • Hastened Reflexive Retort with current 10 minutes is rather low for the actual return it does
    • Improved Reflexive Retort/hastened Reflexive Retort making it dash more dmg/mana/end wise.
  4. Hingabe Augur

A "charged up" attack buff. Low melee dmg mod at first, if you dont use it until the timer is up, it recourses for a higher mod.
  5. Kadazic New Member

One thing I would really like to see is a way to make gear matter more to a bard. Currently I dont feel like my full t1 and t2 COtF raid geared bard is really all that much more powerful than a RoF group geared bard would be. Our instrument mods have been capped for a long time and half our important songs arent modded anyway, our dps is low enough that improving weapon ratios is pretty irrelevant, we arent usually taking hits on a raid (if I have to taunt a add that gets loose its almost always with deftdance) so for raids AC and heroics dont matter too much. Really the only major thing better gear gives us is HP to survive mistakes and AEs.

I am not sure that AA are the best way to address this but I think they could be A way to start addressing this.

One possibility might be something like this

A trio of new AA, all low recast (30s or less), medium single target damage, no additional debuff or effect.

Bruising bellow: does damage to a single target. Damage done scales with the bards heroic strength. At 200 hstr it does X damage, at 300 it does 2X, at 400 it does 3X etc (scale and numbers could be whatever devs feel is appropriate.)

Dextrous Blow: same thing as above but scales with Hdex.

Cunning Jab: Same as above but scales with Hint

This would both give bards something that scales with improved gear AND give us more personal DPS through activated abilities to help separate the really good bard from the mostly AFK melody bot.
  6. Jyve Augur

from above, will update with 'yay/nay/maybe/moreinfo' as we go, but this is the list to grind through. Stuff from above not listed other time, or it's an obvious no, or technically not possible at this time.

UTILITY
    Bounce - free target leap to the point AA.

Dissonnant Chord (aggro AA), we love it.
    Hastened Dissonant Chord

Twin Aura;
    Ability to have one echo and one aura up together?

Decoy - a rooted Doppleganger pet with a large amount of HP that grabs aggro on what we cast it on (but doesn't do damage). (gotta look like the bard that cast it, we miss that aspect of the Lyrical Prankster)

Hastened forward shadowstep (Lyres Leap)
    Hastened Silent Displacement/sonic Displacement for positioning. (30 second re-use acceptable?)

Split Shouri's Sonorous Clouding aa into two buffs at rank 2 :
    Aligmente's Aria of Eagles
    Shouri's Sonorous Clouding

Baldric's Symphonic Medley (Activated)
    - Something along the lines of Miniature Horn of Unity (hp, mana, end regen)
    - Group effect for x duration

Quickened Dirge of the Sleepwalker - was recently changed to a 0.5s cast (previously instant). Would like it to be instant again unless this is no longer possible.

OFFENSIVE

Lyrical Prankster - mew model, your choice!

Bloodlust/imbued fero, last AA chat this came up as group option for 1 or 2 counters, but was a firm no, but was a maybe for self only ability. As much as we don't want to copy/paste, it IS a great archetype ability we'd like to see, self only if that's acceptable.

Kelkim's Lute Bash (Activated)
    - Single target stun + dd (decent stun duration & damage)

Funeral Dirge - consider increasing the DD dmg that occurs upon fading (Shrieking Death). As an extra AA? Or would that be itemisation?

Extended Bladewhirl (Dance of Blades proc) - currently lasts 36 seconds

Hastened Reflexive Retort
    Reflexive retort return endurance

Group buff that adds % chance to twinproc.

Extended Cacophony - currently lasts 60 seconds
    Cacophony - consider increasing the % chance to interrupt spell casting.

Hastened Boastful Bellow

Resounding Quick Time - extend range of this ability (currently 100').

Hastened Quick Time - currently 10:30 reuse. One more rank would be awesome (30s reduction).

Hastened Song of Stone - currently 12 min recast

Bladed Song - consider significantly increasing the damage of this ability. Very rough calculation gives us only 20k total damage for this ability IF a cleric doesn't get their reverse on

A trio of new AA, all low recast (30s or less), medium single target damage, no additional debuff or effect.
    Bruising bellow: does damage to a single target. Damage done scales with the bards heroic strength. At 200 hstr it does X damage, at 300 it does 2X, at 400 it does 3X etc (scale and numbers could be whatever devs feel is appropriate.)
    This would both give bards something that scales with improved gear AND give us more personal DPS through activated abilities to help separate the really good bard from the mostly AFK melody bot.

1HP % damage ability (i.e. Reflexive Retort, with much higher damage and no mana bonus) with a short-ish recast time. Purely for bard DPS.

DEFENSIVE
    Defensive proc aa
    Reprove type AA - Self only high mitigation or Vie buff for several hits, with a short-ish recast time (30s - 2 min) useful for pulling.

(Blade Dancers Battle Ballet)
    AA similar to deft dance but with 100% riposte reflecting attacks back to attacking targets.

Crit Heal AA (for procs)/% chance on heal from mana song

Shield of Notes - consider adding DoT absorb as well (currently melee & DD absorb only).

Shielding Resistance - consider a new AA that reduce reflected/DS damage from primary weapons as well.
  7. Rhymez Thebard Elder

Percussion Instrument Intensity - Reduces cast times of all percussion based songs by 1s
    Wind Instrument Intensity - Reduces cast times of all wind based songs by 1s
    Stringed Instrument Intensity - Reduces cast times of all string based songs by 1s
    Brass Instrument Intensity - Reduces cast times of all brass based stongs by 1s
    Singing Intensity - Reduces cast times of all singing based songs by 1s

Bards have been locked at 3 second cast times since the beginning of time. With the recent change to Dirge of the Sleepwalker, the higher resist checks against AE mez, and the need for a bit more dps. Faster cast times would help out a bunch.

AA Version of Kazumi's Note of Preservation - Group version invul. Keep it on the 2m cooldown.

Sometimes it is a nice pulling tool. But really its more of a defensive utility to protect against griefers and bad players. It really sucks that it eats up a spell slot.

Invisability to Undead - Instant recast please. Or augment Fading Memories is a IVU component.

If bards are suspose to be the utility (jack of all trades) class. Isn't it about time we got this?

I had some other stuff in mind but I think everyone else has either mentioned it or something like it.
  8. Hingabe Augur

Extended ingenuity rank(s)
    Lyrical prankster model:brownie, halfling, or monster summoning (random zone model mini)
    Perfected song of travel.. not OP because it will fade if we cast or fight
  9. Hingabe Augur

MR debuff. RoT aa, snare aa. Short duration to save a song gem
  10. Hingabe Augur

I want flavored bellows :)
  11. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Things I would focus on:
    - Suggest a self only HHE ability of some kind
    - Selo's Kick upgrade is planned - 6 second reuse, ~2k DPS sustained. Could use a significant bump or allow it to do "two" kicks
    - We really need a new melee ability of some kind, 10-30s reuse, that adds significant DPS for an actively played bard.
    - Another good tool would be a self only crit DD mod disc (i.e. Battle Frenzy, self only IoG type ability). This would be for burn DPS only, however, and wouldn't really help bards in a normal situation.

Probably too late but after reading through some of the other AA chats, I think there are a few things that we can go without asking -

[wall of text]
    Basically... no positioning abilities. Not likely on procs or dual abilities. No endurance return abilities. Free target casting doesn't work with AA, so that "jump" idea won't work. No new spell slots. No spire upgrades. No twinproc. And pets are probably a good thing to avoid bothering with as well. Of course, it never hurts to ask.

He was open to improvements in HHE, so this may be an avenue to increase bard personal DPS.

When I came up with some ideas, I was mainly going through our current AA list, as its easier to get upgrades to existing things than completely new ones. There are two problems with this -
    1. Bards do not currently have many personal DPS AA, so there isn't really anything to ask for upgrades of
    2. Bards do not currently have many "whack-a-mole" abilities. In fact, the lack thereof, and lack of personal DPS, invites people to make bards and contribute pretty much the same level of ADPS without paying much attention to the character.

As a reference..
    With no support (bard only), I do from 10-12k DPS sustained.
    While discing (bard only), I do 17-19k DPS (not nuking).
    While discing and nuking (bard only), I can reach 35k DPS over about two minutes. This is not sustainable and my ADPS drops significantly while nuking.
  12. Jyve Augur

Updated from other 'no' responses on other requests/classes;

UTILITY

No doable
    !Bounce - free target leap to the point AA.

Dissonnant Chord (aggro AA), we love it.
    Hastened Dissonant Chord

No chance
    !Twin Aura;
    !Ability to have one echo and one aura up together?

Decoy - a rooted Doppleganger pet with a large amount of HP that grabs aggro on what we cast it on (but doesn't do damage). (gotta look

like the bard that cast it, we miss that aspect of the Lyrical Prankster)

Nixed for other classes
    !Hastened forward shadowstep (Lyres Leap)
    !Hastened Silent Displacement/sonic Displacement for positioning. (30 second re-use acceptable?)

Split Shouri's Sonorous Clouding aa into two buffs at rank 2 :
    Aligmente's Aria of Eagles
    Shouri's Sonorous Clouding

Baldric's Symphonic Medley (Activated)
    - Something along the lines of Miniature Horn of Unity (hp, mana, end regen)
    - Group effect for x duration

Quickened Dirge of the Sleepwalker - was recently changed to a 0.5s cast (previously instant). Would like it to be instant again unless

this is no longer possible.

OFFENSIVE

Lyrical Prankster - mew model, your choice!

Bloodlust/imbued fero, last AA chat this came up as group option for 1 or 2 counters, but was a firm no, but was a maybe for self only

ability. As much as we don't want to copy/paste, it IS a great archetype ability we'd like to see, self only if that's acceptable.

Kelkim's Lute Bash (Activated)
    - Single target stun + dd (decent stun duration & damage)

Funeral Dirge - consider increasing the DD dmg that occurs upon fading (Shrieking Death). As an extra AA? Or would that be itemisation?

Extended Bladewhirl (Dance of Blades proc) - currently lasts 36 seconds

Hastened Reflexive Retort
    Reflexive retort return endurance

!no
    !Group buff that adds % chance to twinproc.

Extended Cacophony - currently lasts 60 seconds
    Cacophony - consider increasing the % chance to interrupt spell casting.

Hastened Boastful Bellow

Resounding Quick Time - extend range of this ability (currently 100').

Hastened Quick Time - currently 10:30 reuse. One more rank would be awesome (30s reduction).

Hastened Song of Stone - currently 12 min recast

Bladed Song - consider significantly increasing the damage of this ability. Very rough calculation gives us only 20k total damage for

this ability IF a cleric doesn't get their reverse on

Bruising bellow: does damage to a single target. Damage done scales with the bards heroic strength. At 200 hstr it does X damage, at

300 it does 2X, at 400 it does 3X etc (scale and numbers could be whatever devs feel is appropriate.)
    This would both give bards something that scales with improved gear AND give us more personal DPS through activated abilities to help

separate the really good bard from the mostly AFK melody bot.

1HP % damage ability (i.e. Reflexive Retort, with much higher damage and no mana bonus) with a short-ish recast time. Purely for bard

DPS.

DEFENSIVE
    Defensive proc aa
    Reprove type AA - Self only high mitigation or Vie buff for several hits, with a short-ish recast time (30s - 2 min) useful for

pulling.

(Blade Dancers Battle Ballet)
    AA similar to deft dance but with 100% riposte reflecting attacks back to attacking targets.

Crit Heal AA (for procs)/% chance on heal from mana song

Shield of Notes - consider adding DoT absorb as well (currently melee & DD absorb only).

Shielding Resistance - consider a new AA that reduce reflected/DS damage from primary weapons as well.
  13. Felixus Journeyman

Lets stay away from the swarm pet aa's. I'd like to see some serious upgrades towards Selo's kick. Up the damage on it by alot and put a proc on it.
  14. Aanita New Member

Give bards an AA that extends the duration of 1000 blades. Give another aa to reduce its timer
  15. Aanita New Member

How about an AA that extends 1000 blades or hastens it?

or how about an AA that is similar?
  16. Zachton Soulstriker Augur

I have to agree with
    I don't think it was brought up during the chat? The resistible part is fine, but the level cap will need to be increased. (I noticed this again last night when I needed to takeover tanking Lanys T`Vyl during the mission.
  17. Crowbeard Journeyman

How about just increasing the melee damage of Bards, making our songs Endurance based instead of mana based and allowing greater endurance regen via song or spell.

Pretty much make Bards a cross between a warrior and a ranger. Survivability between that of a warrior and a ranger (more towards warrior), the melee damage output of a ranger. We would still need the cleric/druid/sham for heals, but we don't feel paper thin in the process.
  18. Romance Augur

So in other words, make a new class that does the dps of a hybrid but tanks as well as a knight while still maintaining the highest adps in game?

Sounds amazing, but it's never going to happen.
  19. Crowbeard Journeyman

No, in my words, give us better survivability while allowing us to do better melee damage.

Where are you getting the stats about having the highest adps in the game? You aren't even a bard.
  20. Romance Augur

[IMG]

Also, I played bard from 2004 up until ~4 months ago.
    Edrick and Aldren like this.