Enchanter IRC

Discussion in 'Casters' started by silku, Aug 21, 2014.

1. silku Augur

Anyone gonna be there? If so everyone wanna post ideas for a spokesperson to bring up like we did last year or we just gonna show up in waves and flood the chat with ideas?

For me I'd like to see:

Hastened Runes (Like to get our Unity rune down to 8 or 6 second recast)
    Hastened Illusions of Granduer (like to see this down to 10 mins reuse so we can use it with our other stuff)
    An Instant single target mem blur.
    Gift of Chromatic Haze (every time we cast a nuke gives us a chance to give a single proc chromatic haze for instant dd spells to everyone in our group.)
    Improved Mental contortion (couple more ranks to the existing aa to make it slightly more effective, every bit helps right?)
    Improved Sanguine Mind Crystal & azure mind crystal (tradeable, and more mana, no rent, no storage, temporary)
    Gift of Gather Mana (some sort of way to pump mana to the group, whether a single use 10 minutre reuse gift of mana like quiet miracle or a proc off of our spells in which we feed mana to the group. Maybe even make it so that when we use gather mana we get 10 procs that each time we cast a spell we give the group XXXX mana. )

Other ideas?
    Lonye, RPoo and Sancus like this.
  2. Ratbo Peep Augur

I like it all. (speaking for wifey here mostly)
    I doubt Mental Contortion will get much traction considering it just saw a cut-back.
    And hastened runes might also meet the same fate for the same reason.
    But you don't get anything you don't ask for.

Hastened IoG is perfect - for the reasons you said.
    A way to truly pump mana to the group sound right up the Enchanter alley - so to speak.
    -R
    silku likes this.
  3. HotDiggity New Member

That instant single target mem blur is at the top of my list. Without a huge recast delay. Fog of Memories' 12 sec recast delay is problematic.
    silku likes this.
  4. Ismel Augur

"Improved Sanguine Mind Crystal & azure mind crystal (tradeable, and more mana, no rent, no storage, temporary)"
    No no no never ! handing out items is the worst idea ever.

Hastened IoG sure faster reuse is nice, but I would much rather have Calculated insanity on a faster reuse 30min vs IoG 13 min

Calculated Insanity should be down to the same reuse as Improved twincast, as not using IoG, CI and twincast at the same time on a burn makes no sense.

More levels of Edict of command ( max level + 3 the same as for mez and stun )

AA to make the aggro from rune less, and ohh yes please a faster recast on unity rune!

Chromatic Haze longer duration and a few more hits (45sec and 3 counters ? )

Enc version of the Nec AA Lingering death (extends dots by xx ticks)
    silku likes this.
  5. Narknon Augur

3 counter chromatic haze would be $ and not super overpowering.

Instant single target mem blur could be slightly exploitable. Even the cast time ones you can cast and run away super fast and because of server lag mobs won't reagro. Although, that exploit just acts as a lesser recast fade, which I think we should have anyway, and only on a single mob, so not OP in any way.

12 Min reuse on IoG I think would be the ideal, and Calculated brought down to 18 min.

I also agree we need some type of QM ability. Robe clicky isn't big enough.

Doubt we'd get this, but a Lure of the Sirens type ability would be awesome. Beguiler's Compiling Banish? =p

Unity having a 4-5 second recast would be around ideal, and would allow me to free up the spell slot that I now keep polyiridescent rune in in a lot of scenarios.

More targets on beam of slumber OR a lower recast. Both together would be a bit overpowering.

More targets on stare type abilities, stun and mez.

Fatigue type buff that procs an accuracy debuff?

Fatigue type buff that has a low chance to proc a single target short stun? Or an aura.

Charm pet fade AA
    silku likes this.
  6. Narknon Augur

list of what we're already getting:
    Armor of Wisdom 20

Armor of Wisdom 21

Companion's Durability 22

Companion's Durability 23

Companion's Durability 24

Companion's Fury 4

Companion's Fury 5

Companion's Fury 6

Expansive Mind 42

Expansive Mind 43

Expansive Mind 44

Gift of Mana 10

Mastery of the Past 31

Mastery of the Past 32

Mastery of the Past 33

Mastery of the Past 34

Mastery of the Past 35

Mental Clarity 42

Mental Clarity 43

Mental Clarity 44

Mental Stamina 29

Mental Stamina 30

Mental Stamina 31

Shield Block 15

Shield Block 16

Shield Block 17

NAME

Companion's Agility 19

Companion's Agility 20

Companion's Agility 21

Destructive Cascade 20

Destructive Cascade 21

Destructive Cascade 22

Sturdy Companion 19

Sturdy Companion 20

Sturdy Companion 21

Vengeful Spirits 10

Vengeful Spirits 11

Vengeful Spirits 12

Arcane Whisper 7

Beam of Slumber 5

Bite of Tashani 3

Calculated Insanity 13

Calculated Insanity 14

Calculated Insanity 15

Chromatic Haze 4

Chromatic Haze 5

Chromatic Haze 6

Color Shock 7

Crippling Aurora 5

Doppelganger 19

Doppelganger 20

Doppelganger 21

Edict of Command 16

Edict of Command 17

Edict of Command 18

Eldritch Rune 24

Eldritch Rune 25

Eldritch Rune 26

Glyph Spray 3

Mental Contortion 5

Nightmare Stasis 19

Nightmare Stasis 20

Nightmare Stasis 21

Phantasmic Reflex 7

Phantasmic Reflex 8

Phantasmic Reflex 9

Scintillating Beam 7

Scintillating Beam 8

Scintillating Beam 9

Soothing Words 7

Soothing Words 8

Soothing Words 9
  7. Narknon Augur

Interesting we're getting new ranks of CI, MC, and Chromatic Haze
    Lonye likes this.
  8. silku Augur

I wish I could edit the original post to add in and modify things. Fil or Narye : will either of you be making a list to propose or should one of us? I can 'maybe' be at the chat, a good chance of it.
  9. Ueuill Elder

I think we need new ranks of Phantasmal Opponent with more HP, AC and whatever other defenses he's packing.

Spell Casting Subtlety that can be adjusted, so we can control the amount of aggro our spells generate.

More ranks of Veil of Mindshadow.
    Jordis likes this.
  10. WhtRabbit Lorekeeper

Things I'd love to see for enchanters. Followed by things I hope the Enchanter community doesn't waste yet another expansion asking for :)

Mana regen Aura or click AA that puts Enchanters group mana regen at least on par with Bards. (This is for you raiders!)

Introduce a short term buff line or click AA that offers overhaste. It's been long over due. (I don't expect it to be as good as a bards but it should be something.)

AA similar to Quite miracle but only for Mana and Endurance. (Why we don't have this is baffling.)

A second fade that isn't a self mez. (Don't hate self mez but it's annoying to have to click it off)

A group version of Friendly Mez

AA for total Mez and Charm immunity for a few seconds. Both single and group version. (Would be nice but I fully expect raid mobs to blow through it.)

A viral Rune. (Sounds like fun, no idea what it should do. I just want it named. Mana cooties!)

A proper Snare not that silly Mez plus snare beam junk.

A real damage shield.. or something neat like DS that feeds back Mana on every hit!

UPGRADE Twin Cast aura or at least make a new one that has the same percentage but throws in some crit rate increase or mana regen... it's sad I'm still using an aura from SoD. (Yes I know melee's are still using 70th level ones.. I feel for them too.)

With the possibility of getting "New" AA's coming up could we agree to not ask for the following.

Third Aura slot: Dev's have said over and over we'll never get a 3rd Aura.

Triple Cast Aura: Dev's have said over and over we'll never get this.

Return of Dire Charm: I don't hate the idea but it's clear they don't want Chanters horning in on Mage/Necro/Bst

Reduced cast time on Unity: They JUST nerfed this. I'd hate to blow the chance at getting new toy's because we begged for something they took away from us.

I'm sure more will come to mind in the next few days.
  11. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

To those making suggestions: I urge you to remember what this class is supposed to be, and that is not a tank (self-runes), not caster DPS, and not short-duration aDPS (Bard).

Also, please consider whether your suggestions are actually fun. To me, simple additional aDPS is generally not fun, for instance.
  12. Crystilla Augur

Qest, not to disagree but that's one of the fun thing about a number of classes, enchanters included - there are many playstyles which are valid and it is actually OK to request a few things in each of the different playstyles. It's one way to keep all the different factions happy and create a stronger bond between players of the class ... and frankly not getting one thing doesn't mean you'd get something else in its place, so it doesn't hurt to ask.
    silku and RPoo like this.
  13. Ismel Augur

one thing that is clearly missing from the list of aa´s already made is more VoM levels.
    Jordis likes this.
  14. Ueuill Elder

Yes, I agree. I requested it in my previous post.
  15. RPoo Augur

We should also think about how our class and the game has evolved and what it is now, and not dwell on the past. It is no longer necessary for groups to have crowd control for the most part. It's become something nice to have, not must have. That being said, our CC abilities are fine as is until they develop content that requires groups to have superior CC again.

Stuff I'd like to see that's probably already been said 100 times and copy/pasted from the LAST time we asked for them:

"Charm Mastery
    Innate ability to charm up to one additional level per rank"

"Sanguine Mind Crystal Rank 4
    Mana: 6000
    1. Summon Item with Sanguine Harvest
    Sanguine Harvest
    1. Increase Hitpoints 10000
    Last upgrade: Underfoot
    Current. .1.53 Efficiency Proposed 1.66 Efficiency"

"Hastened Calculated Insanity"

"Gift of Chromatic Haze"

"Hastened Improved Twincast"

Phantasmic reflex 7/8/9 - Add rune proc by stunning in addition to mezzing

What I definitely don't want to see:

Anything new and unique requiring activation that's going to make me find more room on my hotbars unless it will replace and make obsolete another activated AA currently used.

More diminishing Shiney bob AA that will do jack squat.
    Lonye likes this.
  16. Filatal Augur

I will *likely* be there, but work is pretty hectic at the moment.
    silku likes this.
  17. Silv Augur

Someone dig up the link to the last AA "wish list" please- might be a jumping point. We don't have much time to figure something out. I think we need at least 2 - 3 active Enchanters there who have different view points and play styles to really hit everything (casual, grouper, soloer, raider).

I was happy to see my Bind Sight made it in last time though lol :p

Qest - Obviously the VISION of the class has changed since the antiquated original role of an Enchanter. So those things you mention ARE part of what the class is now. We will never go back to what it was like 4, 5, 10, 14 years ago.
    ---------------
    On to the real stuff (for me):

Hasten IOG: 10 minutes after hasten aa PLEASE. The recast on Fierce Eye is already stupid short. I know FE doesn't come close to IOG but making IOG close to 3rd spire and other abilities would be great. The issue there is that IOG would be up ~40% of the time if you popped it every refresh. That's A LOT of DPS boosting.

Upgraded Mind Crystals: I think this is self explanatory. More charges (3) and more return. I disagree with Silku- keep it self only. I don't want to be a Mage mod rod class and I don't want to be able to cast it in the middle of combat due to the initial sacrifice.

VoM: As stated, missing from the list while ER did get upgrades. I rather get VoM over ER personally.

AA Haste**: Okay, I DO hate using other classes as a jumping point but shaman get group Celerity (60% haste) as an AA. How about AA Speed of the Brood (66% haste, 40 Agi, 12 AC)? Gv2 target. No, I don't have time to load a spell not needed for this event that you've died 5 times on. This is completely in line with the class. We've always had amazing haste.

Glyph Spray v2.0**: This upgrade better include DOT shielding or give us an additional AA, Glyph Splash (lol) for DOT shielding.

Hastened Stasis: We still have one of the worst recast timers on fade despite having TWO. Could we at least get a screen emote on Friendly Stasis so my friendly overnuking Wizard knows why they can't move?

Mana Draw Upgrade: With 100k+ Mana this really isn't so great anymore. Not looking for a huge bump but since it's self only with a decent refresh time I don't think this is letting mana "fly everywhere" as they're trying to avoid.

Mesmerization Mastery 2.0: Add a % that will increase the duration another 1 - 2 tics. Why? Because. It would put regular confound at 1m 46/50ish with raid extension foci. OR Add in targetted (NOT PBAE) mez to be affected. Targetted AE mez was never the problem, it was PBAE. I don't see an issue here.

**Denotes completely new (for us) AA abilities. While existing upgrades are nice they are just like the cookie cutter spells every level cap increase. The introduction of IOG was revolutionary in terms of "new" AA as well as Haze (although that 1 counter thing was kindof blah).
    Jordis and silku like this.
  18. Silv Augur

Blah, too late to edit so sorry for back to back post:

Passive Improved Dodge: Yeah, we'll probably get a little with the level increase but how about a small bump per level via AA? Note the PASSIVE part of this.
  19. RPoo Augur

20. Ueuill Elder

Just for the sake of clarity in case anyone makes these requests, you should know that our mana crystal is the AZURE one, not the SANGUINE one. Sanguine Mind Crystal is health only.

I like someone's previous idea of giving us a version of Quiet Miracle which gives mana and endurance rather than mana and health. Very Enchanterly.

I'm not sure what you mean by the Phantasmic Reflex. You seem to be suggesting that it stuns as well as mezzes a target. What's the value in doing that? Or perhaps you mean Phantasmic Reflex that casts a stun rune ON US as we mezz something else. Or...wait, I think I know. You want Phantasmic Reflex to have a chance to kick in every time we cast a stun as well as when we cast a mezz.