The Darkened Sea Info

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Riou, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Makavien Augur

And on topic I actually liked Cotf I didn't feel rushed to finish anything and am now down to only tower of rot mezz ach and named hunter in argin hiz.

The only thing I did not like this year was the ridiculous 15th anniversary raid that only 3 guilds have defeated and only after the zone would of really disappeared. And after dps classes got upgrades via aa and spells and warriors.

I feel 90% of the player base got robbed out of enjoying the 15th year celebration of everquest and that majority will only enjoy it either right before the new expansion or next expansion when we all have a 5 level plus spell /aa/gear upgrade.

I also feel that same 90% was robbed of enjoying an extra zone that could of been tied into the progression for the same reasons.
  2. Ravengloome Augur

I think the 10% that enjoyed PoWar have gotten Robbed out of the other 90% of the content in the last 5 years.

Wuwu We both have opinions.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Silv Augur

That was my point. CC is abundant in raids and yet when you are in (some) static group zones it's not viable/useable due to level caps or immunities, etc. The devs said that this shouldn't be happening. I am just hoping the mistakes made in the end zones of ROF and COTF don't repeat in the new expansion.
  4. Makavien Augur

Mines not just opinions though since there is actual proof and facts to back it your's is actually ignoring the fact that you could complete everything in the last 5 years and if that is not fun for you then there is something else causing that since the whole point of the game is to have fun and enjoy things especially when it is to celebrate 15 years of the game being out not bashing your head against something that was so frustrating to most they didn't even attempt it till well after the zone would of disappeared in it's first incarnation.

Most guilds don't have 5 paladins / 6 warriors / 4 shadow knights and push out 6 million + dps.

The ideal roster without going crazy should be 4 warriors / 3 paladin / 3 sk / 5 - 8 clerics max with 12 healers of some form or another.

And yes that is an opinion there straight up but the game and everything designed in the game needs to be balanced around a roster that is not the top roster in the game or not even the top 10 rosters in the game.

That way we don't lose more and more players each year due to frustration, not saying every raid should be as easy as neriak 1. But the only raid in an expansion that should be as hard as plane of war should of been void H.
    Perplexed likes this.
  5. EQsince1999 New Member

Please do not lock progression. Doing so is akin to how people perceive carrot cake.

People who like raisins in carrot cake will be happy to eat it with or without raisins.

However, people who do not like raisins will avoid the carrot cake.

Make progression meaningful, eg. trophies, mounts, augments, other unique items but not forced.
    Perplexed likes this.
  6. feiddan Augur

Thanks, Phathom, for clearing up that ambiguity.

Another deep-burning question: Will there be Alarans? Stone tear is going to make me cry harder if I need to visit ancient content to level the thing against low cons.
  7. Kollin Journeyman

I'm a bit curious what happens if someone that is gold purchases the expansion gets in and gets above level 100 then their sub expires prior to 11/11? Will they loose access to the expansion that they previously did have access to or will they retain access?
  8. Fendy Augur

I think it was metaphoric.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Slasher Augur

Don't worry come October 28th when all his guild members are playing in new zones he will give in and buy it.

Question.

Will this expansion be beat before the official release in November :)
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  10. Brogett Augur

I played so many of those! I still occasionally play Angband. :)
  11. Donroy Elder

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but do they plan to add new merc AAs in the expansion? Just wondering if I should try and bank some before launch or spend em now.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  12. Rafather Augur

If there is no form of flagging/keys then yes.
  13. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

I'll trade you sekret infos if you make mez duration time variable across the game, like it is in ToR2 mission. Charm already is, I know it can be done.
  14. Ravengloome Augur

Instead Void H is about as easy as Neriak and Powar is Powar. Theres your gimmie content.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  15. Crystilla Augur

House of Thule yes but most recently was in RoF expansion - Shard's Landing is extremely popular to play in. Unfortunately CoF had no such zone with replay value.
  16. Sancho Elder

One thing I really got to give CoTF - the achievement awards are pretty awesome IMO.
  17. Dragon Jockey Lorekeeper

Was thinking the same thing. Wonder when we will find out what AAs are in the expansion, so we can be planning ahead.
  18. gcubed Augur

I am just curious if this is going to be another, "a single grouper can get through progression, but a group of them cannot" type of expansions.
  19. Ravengloome Augur

Based on where I am going to level to 105, Id say theres atleast 2 zones in COTF with replay value.
  20. Abazzagorath Augur

I'm planning on getting to 103 and then claiming the 10 quest rewards I have that are predominantly RoF partisans that should get me close to 105 lol.