Time to require 'Full Access' for Test Server

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by beyrak, Aug 18, 2014.

1. beyrak Augur

Test is getting quite an influx of new players on Test, which in itself would be great. But general chat has really gone south (yes, worse than Live). Young kids harassing others for religious, political and any other childish reasons are now common place daily.

It would be great if Test would require 'Full Access' to access the Test server. If not, how about allowing us to transfer off?
  2. Rogue Augur

You can leave general chat
    complexication and Coldfury like this.
  3. Ratbo Peep Augur

How about SOE actually "waste" a day or two of 1 low level staffer to actually monitor General Chat on Test and boot the bad eggs off - no warnings - just bye bye. They don't need those kinds there.
    Test is SOE's "turf" - and as such they need to protect it a bit.
    -Rat
  4. Dre. Altoholic

or just require true gold for General chat
    drkoli, silku and Elricvonclief like this.
  5. Bigbear Augur

how about just doing away with free to play... the game was a lot more enjoyable when EVERYONE had to pay to play.........just saying
  6. Wayylon Augur

I bet test is profitable to a certain extent with store sales, Its a niche market for people too cheap to pay for a sub and buy xpacs... they could have something like a required yearly SC amount spent to stay on the server though, that'll get rid of the riff raff.
  7. Slasher Augur

They did that once don't see them ever doing that again.
  8. Marshall Maathers Augur

You can populate your ignore list too.
    complexication likes this.
  9. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Unfortunately there are an excessive amount of childish, immature, spiteful & unpleasant types on Test. So many of them spend all their energy & efforts harassing others that it takes away from the good people that still help others whether it's free gear, letting people loot rots, buffs, helping with levels & AAs or info & so on. It is in dire need of some sort of remedy to clean it up & get rid of the negative atmosphere that has polluted the server & general chat in particular.

Yes you can ignore people but they can easily make another box/alt to troll with as soon as you get one ignored. Some of them are very very persistent & there isn't much if any monitoring by CS at least that I'm aware of.
  10. Serriah_Test Augur

Remove the /testcopy function from Firiona Vie.
    Wipe all raid gear that did not originate from the test server.
    Remove automatic gold status (all access?) from the server.

Test server is suddenly fixed.
  11. Sheaffer Augur

On a personal level I would completely support doing away with raid copies, but at the end of the day, they make SOE a decent bit of money so I don't see them going anywhere.

The other problem with your suggestion is it would kill the population past the point where you could, you know, test things.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Syrup Augur

.... and by 'fixed' you mean abandoned right?
    silku and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  13. Phrett Augur

14. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

Are you saying that everyone on my server is a bad apple? o_O
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Serriah_Test Augur

No, but the influx of players is due to cheap raid geared toons on a double xp server that doesn't charge a monthly fee for all-access.

Test server will survive if they followed my simple 3 step plan.
  16. Serriah_Test Augur

Well, then put up with the childish problems as stated by the original poster.
    I thought I'd give a real solution.
  17. Serriah_Test Augur

Oh please.

We have/had a core group of actual testers (I was one at a different level - simulating the new player and providing feedback to help grow the population) who would run parses, events, gear configs, issue bug reports and /feedback... and only at the group / class level of the game. Maybe 30 actual players total?

The rest aren't testing squat. They're face-rolling group content in the latest raid gear on a power-leveled character and spouting off nonsense in general chat :p
  18. Narknon Augur

Well now we're actually testing current raid content with whatever class "adjustments" the devs make before they land on live. And I know of a lot of people personally that /bug stuff on test that benefits them/they could exploit if they wanted to.
    Ingarid likes this.
  19. Narknon Augur

A few of us also do any new quests within a day or two of release and /bug them.
    Ingarid likes this.
  20. Ravengloome Augur

I pay for my sub go for it. Ill have to replace half my fellowship though that will suck.