Wizard AA nuke nerf coming?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Goth, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Iila Augur

This sums up about half the nerfs we've dealt with. Doesn't look OP to players and is some percent based change that feels like we're being nerfed based on spreadsheets instead of gameplay. And could easily have been rolled into a lower upgrade in the next release without any bad feelings. Instead it feels like we're being picked on by having abilities nerfed, seemingly at random with little regard for power level before or after the nerf.
  2. feiddan Augur

Elidroth, I wanted first of all to say thank you for all the openness and straight talk (ahead of SOE Live, no less! where you might see some of us in the flesh).

The basic philosophy looks good. Argin-Hiz definitely stepped it up a few notches in terms of CC and other basic playability aspects - perhaps too much so (it's an outdoor zone, and yet might be harder to CC and pull than Tower of Rot, a dungeon/indoor zone). While Tower of Rot strikes a good (if anything, too easy in my opinion) balance, Argin might have gone just one step too far with nearly all mobs immune to every type of CC in the books.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thank you Elidroth, it is nice to know the anti CC wasn't intended.

I'd rather the Forces had been left as they were and not upgraded until they were at their intended level.

Any news on fixing Arcane Infusion, which suffered from both a decrease in crit rate and crit damage, when it was only ever announced as being

- Wizard - Arcane Fusion's crit chance has been reduced due to the spell landing for critical damage more than intended.
  4. Ayoheee Augur

SoD was great regardless of the roflstomp lack of difficulty.
  5. Linoleum New Member

Well now I at least feel better that my ranger cc doesn't work there, had no idea Mez didnt either....

I haven't been back since I got the T2 bow.
  6. Ravengloome Augur

Axxius and multiple others brought it up during Beta. (the NO CC part of your post)

Also the issue of melee Push in ToR and Argin still has never been addressed or acknowledged if its intended.
    Leerah likes this.
  7. Fortunbas Lorekeeper

Hey Yinla, contact me in game please, I have found a nice dps gain that the devs haven't figured out yet - let me know and I will share before they nerf again like 7th, atols, fusion, havoc and now aa nukes.......

Best regards

Fortunbas
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Fortunbas Lorekeeper

Agree, and to add....my arcane fusion NEVER crits now....so reduced should have been replaced with negated.
  9. Fortunbas Lorekeeper

totally agree! Most wizards only used the force for the edge dps inbetween nukes - we not even fussed about the dmg although a crit over 100k is useful of course ;) banestrike does ~12k and is used in the same way /shrug. I thought it was a great feature and thoughtful addition to our AA line. Sounds like it was unintended....
  10. Ratbo Peep Augur

I think you nailed it here. The rapid fire nerfs had no sense of PR in the equation.
    People that are real good at crunching numbers often lack a certain "something" else. :)
    Always a good idea to run nerfs past the PR guy first, to see if he can't suggest a better way to accomplish the same end goals.
    -Rat
  11. Ratbo Peep Augur

And how many classes CAN tank 2 yellow all the time?
    Most of the Plate tanks log on for raid nights only.
    Mage pets?? Not anymore....
    They've said many times over, that an overall EQ design intent is not to make any content that requires a certain class (or type of class) to pull off. AH comes up a little short on that yardstick.
    -R
    Leerah likes this.
  12. Augok Lorekeeper

I've seen Wizzies,encs,shm, bsts and clerics tank 2 yellows in AH. So having one of 8 classes across all archetypes available.. I think that part is covered.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Wizzys being able to tank needs to be nerfed NOT their DPS, OK so it is once every X amount of minutes but that is not the main focus of the class. The class does DPS that is it!

OK so we port as well.....not always to the right places, but we do port. WTB more ports, TLs and Gates!
  14. svann Augur

They should make the force line insta cast to make up for it.
  15. Benzarden Augur

Let's be honest, wizards are not a viable tank. Can a wizard tank 2 yellow con mobs in AH? Sure, with a slower and a dedicated healer. But it's not like we can whip out the healer merc and go molo facetank unslowed yellow cons willy nilly.

That being said, I'd gladly take a hit to mitigation in exchange for a dps boost. I'd take the exchange just to go back to where our dps started before CotF.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Force lines should not be nerfed until Arcane Fusion is fixed.
  17. Ravengloome Augur

UF was probably the best expansion to date.
  18. Slasher Augur

Says 5% of the players ;)
  19. Serriah_Test Augur

The guild I was in when GoD came out disbanded.... because of GoD.
    Everyone went to World of Warcraft.

The guild I was in when UF came out disbanded.... because of UF
    Everyone went to World of Warcraft.
  20. Ravengloome Augur

Cool Story Bro.

Heres the thing. Some peoples lack of Tenacity and perseverance does not detract from the awesome content in Underfoot.