The Darkened Sea Info

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Riou, Aug 15, 2014.

1. IDotPeople Augur

8 zones on expansion release isn't exactly Kunark, but it is far greater than what CoTF offered, and then we can get more as the year goes on. I plan to pre-order on my 3 accounts from the keynotes I saw on the live feed not long ago.

But honestly, I'm even more excited about the new loot system coming up, will be so nice. Checking for DoD rares in one go, oh yea! Grab up all my diamond and friends buddies in one pass, woot! They mentioned this was less a part of the expansion and more for all players though.
  2. Riou EQResource

3. SpamFactory Augur

are robe ornaments going to become all/all after player studio robes comes out or will they remain limited to silk/leather?
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If they go all/all then all HF should be all/all
    Lily and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  6. Riou EQResource

That is the one they showed at the Keynote as an example of base yea, though they did show it go into the new Fire Elf robe so it seems the same small one, it could be just the Human Model :p

This is the weird thing, though they may just be doing Robes first because (probably) these are the most popular then possibly do more pieces from there
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  7. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

It may just be for the initial Player Studio template as well. It is a big jump from weapons and housing items to armor models. It is possible they are "playing it safe" at the start and will make modifications/ offer more style options after several submissions. I guess we'll see shortly. ;)
    Riou likes this.
  8. Axxius Augur

I didn't understand what they said about the possibility of guilds having their own distinctive robes. If this whole thing if not any different from other HF items, are they really going to put custom robes with guild-designed insignia on SC market? Otherwise what do guilds have to do with it? Everybody in a guild can already choose to wear the same HF robes.

Riou, can you ask them to elaborate on this?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Koneko Augur

not sure how the whole thing is but it sounds like it might be like WoW and guild tabards just who knows have a guild permit thing on who can use what tabard look or something maybe even but that's just how I think I have no real info
  10. Yieu New Member

The email states:

Final Zone: Arx Mentis

Does "Final Zone" mean this is the last year expansion? That is how the wording looks to me.
  11. Sancus Augur

I'd hope it is like HoF/Sepulcher were the End Game Zones (both separated into 3 zones) in RoF/VoA.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  12. Orbicus Journeyman

Digging the zone themes.
  13. Elricvonclief Augur

The zones look nice.
  14. Kacman Augur

I am impressed.

Looks to be on par with past expansions that were good. Or at least much better than the past two. ( I was and still so unimpressed with CotF that I refuse to purchase it.)

I look forward to pre-ordering TDS. (and if I get CotF for free-BONUS, if not, the only things I lose out on are the illusions for my collection.
  15. Rafather Augur

Just think, all 8 zones now and we will be back to the dog days of farming the same tier 2 gear for 8 months till the next expansion. Ya'll think they will bring out 3 more zones next year? You are crazy, this is it for a year.
  16. Ayoheee Augur

Would be cool if there were 5+ events in the endzone.
  17. Edrick Augur

I'm glad there isn't going to be a release model like CotF.

I fear of the scenario where the raids are beaten within the first few days before the level cap is reached, and guilds have a revolving door of players that leave due to being bored of raiding the same thing for a year. Maybe go back to the six month expansion release cycle? :p

The looting system sounds great, and zones look fantastic.
  18. Raluden Elder

Utterly disgusted.

Raise levels again. Because we all know levels are content.

And thereby invalidating all the prior expansions. So of course you have to autogrant AA to HoT because you made a mess of the AA situation.

Because you never think holistically, Sony. You only think as far as the next expansion and making us buy it. Raising level caps sure does it.

I already know everything I'll get as a shaman. 101 gets me a new talisman of a big cat, new regen, two new dots and single target focus. 102 will get me a root, malo, pet and single target heal. 103 gets me group heal, dots, HoT and slow, and so on.

Why? Because this has gone on in every single level cap raise since TSS. Year after year your idea of content is to raise the levels by 5, give us new versions of old spells and new armor to fix the focus you screwed up with the level cap raise.

And with all that time wasted on repeating what already exists, that's all time taken away from working on zones, quests and missions. So we get an expansion with 8 zones and it features Lanys AGAIN.

Each expansion shows less effort, less thought, and less care. Just string us along until EQ Next comes out.
    Rhoulicas likes this.
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I forsee lots of drama ensuing with the new loot system especially in PUGs
    Sita and Rouan like this.
  20. yaynorrath New Member

They 'might' add one adventure/overland zone which isn't related to TDS theme next year...who knows..or instead of adding new zones they could at least just add more contents quarterly ;)