Mage Pet Armor Question ... 2014

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Lottascatta, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Lottascatta Journeyman

Hello, newb HC Mage here.

I have searched around and am confused.

Questions:

Just what, exactly if possible, does a L 100 Mage pet spawn with.

For example, I've been told:

1. You don't need to equip a pet with summoned mask, jewelry, blanket etc.

2. You don't need to equip a Mage pet with anything but weps.

3. Go to the bazaar, buy a javelin and equip it for the pets range spot as it is empty.

Thank you for the help. I hope to be a grown up mage some day.
  2. HotDiggity New Member

I'll let my DH know that this question is here; he's played a mage for a long time and has lots of parse data. The eqmagetower forums are pretty active on this topic, if you wanted to pop over there to check out threads on pets and the recent pet changes in the meantime.
  3. Voragath Augur

The 100 pet has: all armor, mask, and jewelry. The 100 focused pet has that plus a cloak. His range slot is empty in all cases. The armor, mask, and jewelry are the best available in game (i.e. frightforged plate, visor of gobeker, and nint's heirlooms).
  4. Siddar Augur

There are tradeskill mask, ring, and earing that are tradeable and better then summoned pet gear. You lose the haste from the mask though. You will have to master all tradeskills to 300 though I'm fairly sure before you can make them.
  5. Tweelis Augur

If I remember right pets will ignore recommended levels but do follow the required level restrictions on gear. They also replace gear based on AC.

Here's what our pets come with when summoned with any pet focus:
    Helm: AC49, HP95
    Arms: AC56, HP80
    Hands: AC49, HP101
    Boots: AC56, HP88
    Breastplate:AC97, HP132, Avoidance 16
    Pants: AC70, HP125, Shielding 4%
    Belt: AC49, HP2400
    Necklace: AC37, HP330
    Shoulder: AC42, HP330
    Finger: AC42, HP330
    Wrist: AC43, HP80
    Ear: AC37, HP330

AC627, HP4091 This doesn't include the visor because frankly I don't see us giving that up for anything in the bazaar. I guess the same could be said about the belt. Taking the belt out of the equation would give us AC578, HP1691.

http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=3947

There is also a discussion about bazaar gear in there. Basically if you can find a decent upgrade for your pet in the bazaar for a price you're willing to pay it would more than likely be worth purchasing it.
  6. Ratbo Peep Augur

A lot op people hand the pet (aside weapons) one of the belts you get from the Franklin Teek dailies.
    -R
    Tweelis likes this.
  7. Tweelis Augur

Not surprising, all three of the Teek rewards are pretty nice pet toys. Mage pets won't equip them however due to the AC being lower on all three rewards than the pet comes summoned with. All other pets though would benefit from the shoulders, back and belt. The extravagant combatant's items alone will add about 130AC, 1200HP and 40 attack.
  8. Vivamort Augur

If you have a pet focus (Mages, Necro, and Beastlords), it is probably a bad idea to give the pet the franklin teek back slot. You do not want to accidently replace the super cloak it comes with as a focused pet.

Here is an example of the back slot that your EM focus can provide depending on its level.
    Cloak of Enhancement XIX
    MAGIC ITEM TEMPORARY
    Slot: BACK
    Shielding: +35% Spell Shield: +35% Avoidance: +100 Accuracy: +6 Stun Resist: +35% Strikethrough: +35% DoT Shielding: +35% HP Regen +127 Mana Regeneration: +93 Damage Shield: +80 Damage Shield Mitigation: +22
    WT: 0.1 Size: SMALL
    Class: ALL
    Race: NONE
  9. Ratbo Peep Augur

So it's a pure waste of effort (and tribute!) to give anything from Mr. Teek to an EM 15 Mage pet?
    -Rat (just checking to be surely sure) :)
  10. Silv Augur

Geez... my pets never last long enough to justify giving them anything but good to know this info =)
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  11. Jiggs Elder

Silv likes this.
  12. Koutarou Elder

You can grief mages AFK in lobby by giving their pets crap back slot items.
    Not that I advocate doing this or would ever participate in this... ;)
    Potawatomi and Silv like this.
  13. Nojjokka New Member

I just recently started a pet class toon. How do you equip a pet? Is there a pet inventory window similar to your own?
  14. guado Augur

You can give pet items just like trading with a player, but the interface is similar to turning in items to an NPC. There is no ui where you can see your pet's stats (tanks would complain too much)
  15. Sancus Augur

Heh, that's probably true :p

However, in the past they've said it's something they wanted to do, but coding was an issue.