SOE Live Attendees to Receive Special Loot Card!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Xenophon Luclin Server

The most ethical solution:

1. Refund as an Option for Non-Attendees or emailed key codes.

2. Additional item for SOE Live Attendees and Non-Attendees who are satisfied.

By not offering a refund, SOE is subjecting itself to the standard that the additional item should be clearly comparable in value. This still might leave them liable for complaints.

SOE needs to eat the cost of the JINX shirts and goodie bags.
  2. FcsevenXIII Augur

"Hey! Is that really Tunare the goddess of nature cussing and talking about her wild weekend using Craigslist's causal encounter section?"

"Naw. That's just fartman the guild sicko using her illusion"

"Whew. I was worried for a second"
    Geroblue and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. Derd Augur

I'm a bit late into this thread but was wondering where they "soe" ever said anything about what the illusion clickie was actually going to do. I saw it posted and that it had a chance to proc various god illusions but it was not a click this and you'll become this type click. I did see a post ( I generally just click the soe post's) where it was clarified that it would have a recast time and that it was a short duration illusion. I guess my confusion is why anyone assumed that it was something and purchased it, without finding out what it really was. Did someone actually tell you so?
  4. Pwning Lorekeeper

The exact wording by Roshen was the guise allowed players to 'cycle through' god illusions. This suggested something like the pirate eyepatch which does just that.

Theres no way to 'cycle' something w/ a 2h reuse. These clowns knew exactly what they were doing, and exactly how to word and market it to sucker their loyal playerbase out of cash, then come up with absolute BS excuses and pathetic compensation in attempt to appease the justifiably pissed playerbase when they announced AFTER the refund deadline had passed, that the item was in fact, crap.It was asked months ago how long the illusion would last, and it was unanswered, very likely willfully done.

Excuses include: 'we dont want people to look like gods all the time'. See cazic thule illusion potion. Nice try Elidroth. No one buys your crap.

There are two, and only two appropriate resources here: Offer refunds to those who want it now that you've come clean about the illusion, OR change the item to be what everyone was lead on to believe it was. There is ZERO harm in doing the latter, especially given the way the playerbase has been force-fed illusions through LoN and the marketplace over the years.

And stop pretending to care about your customers, when things like this clearly suggest otherwise. You care about what's in our wallets, and how to most easily get at it. Period.
    Ruinedmyownlands likes this.
  5. Jiggs Elder

In the spirit of all that has happened in the last year....

I propose that attendees be given NERF Balls.

Then have an event after one of the panels similar to Dunking. (toss the ball on the target and the person falls into the water). But instead, have cardboard cutouts of the in game Gods with the face cut out. Developers can take turns sticking their head through the cutout. Attendees who hit developers in the face the most win the choice of un-nerfing one thing that has happened to their class in the last year.

/rooting for Beimeith
    Geroblue likes this.
  6. Ruinedmyownlands Elder

Guise of the Deceiver
    Guise of the Coercer
    Guise of the Hunter
    Guise of the Predator
    Guise of Horror

All of these are normal illusions with no restrictions other than what classes can use them. This new one that says:
    Guise of the Ancient Gods - This will be an illusion item that gives players the appearance of the ‘Ancient’ version of the original EverQuest gods.

The name itself and its description along with how it was sold to us to try to get us to buy FF tickets makes it pretty clear that they either originally meant to have this be a normal clicky illusion and changed it at the last second or were just flat out deceitful to make a buck off of us.

They knew that people were signing up just to get this item and didn't say a word about the "restrictions" until it was well too late.

Can they honestly say they believe people signed up for ff to get this garbage??
  7. Derd Augur

If I was running a fan faire I don't think I'd even offer any bonus item if you don't actually show up. That they even allow it is a bit odd as it should be a bonus that you get for showing up and being a part of the event. Much like the t shirt, I would buy one if it shows up on the Jinx site but if it doesn't I completely understand. And really, you all think they make money from this event, at best I would imagine its a wash or even a slight money loser in raw cost's if you factor in the unproductive salary days of the employee's that attend. I also see no one can give any info on why they thought, other than just a pure hope and or guess that this was anything other than a fluff item. I guess I'm just not seeing why you should be mad about something that basically you didn't research or decide to wait till you found out what it was before forking out money. Perhaps that you didn't get a answer would be the biggest reason to NOT purchase a ticket just for the intent of receiving this item.
  8. Rafather Augur

I was busy playing World of Tanks, but did the guy for EQ2 or some other EQ game just say they were getting Lady Vox mounts and we can't get a true illusion?
  9. Riou EQResource

Lady Vox dragon for Dragon's Prophet (they gave Lord Nagafen last year), and a Lady Vox baby pet dragon
  10. Laozi New Member

Did anyone claim the Guise?

Is it Heirloom?

Does the timer freeze in PoK/PoT/Bazaar/Lobby?

Weapons show?

Size?

Any other redeeming factors?
  11. Sancho Elder

Is it projectable? Not saying I'd waste my precious god time on a lowly group member just curious.
    SaderakhBertox likes this.
  12. Abazzagorath Augur

Terrible "solution". A second claim can't be anything as cool as the original (as expected anyway versus as is), because then people will be up in arms because they have no chance to get it now if they didn't already order it. So its probably going to be lame (merc skin or something similarly useless).
  13. SpamFactory Augur

It still wears off in PoK/PoT/Bazaar/Lobby. it's 10min everywhere.
  14. Ratbo Peep Augur

I'm afraid that minus a lot of the venom and anger - this poster is absolutely correct on the facts of the matter.
    Needs a real (working) fix or a real cash refund.
    -R
    SaderakhBertox likes this.
  15. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Drop $50 to $169 and you get an illusion for a full 10 minutes!!!! Guildies and groupies will think you are sooo kewl....

Here's an idea. Make a special secondary illusion proc on fade. No restrictions. Make the secondary illusion a few random old world models like Mad Man, Rivervale Bandits, Qeynos Guards, etc, etc,.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

How are the numbers? Attendees vs. Non-Attendees? EQ vs. other games?

Update on a solution?

Thanks.
  17. Feradach Augur

During the intro keynote, it was mentioned that EQ has the biggest representation overall.
    Ratbo Peep and Elricvonclief like this.
  18. SaderakhBertox Augur

I noticed on a friend, who was using the new guise, that you lose your shrink after dropping out of the illusion. I'm not sure if that was intended or not. I'm hoping you decide to change your stance on the item, so if you do go back to update it, might as well look at that too. ;)

So far on the ones I've seen, the illusions are definitely ancient, and the weapons lined up pretty nicely. Tunare running around in the beastlord epic 1.0 is a sight to behold!! :)
  19. Strumph Augur

Don't understand why the clicky has a 2 hour reuse and only lasts 10 minutes.... a little disappointed.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  20. Pwning Lorekeeper

The fact that this was so highly advertised, and was for the first time in sony live history, it was sold AT sony live, for $35 as an in game claimable, suggests that it really ought to perform like any other illusion from the marketplace. The question of 'whats the duration and reuse' was asked months in advance of the refund deadline, yet went unanswered, and it seems more and more like this was deliberate. There are other god illusions in game, that can be kept up 24/7. The argument that 'we dont want people running around as gods' is a cop-out. Remove the reuse and duration restrictions, or you've proven that this was nothing more than a bait-and-switch money grab.