SOE Live Attendees to Receive Special Loot Card!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Sancho Elder

LMAO I can picture the conversation around the table now.

Marketing guys: What's the big deal give them their illusion with no restrictions. Geez EQ guys are fanatics.

EQ devs: BUT THEY'RE NORRATHIAN GOD ILLUSIONS! You just don't understand....
    Geroblue, Dhdcf and Obiziana like this.
  2. Allisiin New Member

i'm so happy i don't pay to play this game anymore. between the constant, class-breaking nerfs and this thievery...

wake up and smell the roses, people.
    Ruinedmyownlands likes this.
  3. Garshok Augur

I didn't buy an $OE Live ticket, so I can't say that I have been swindled by this pig in a poke that $OE is passing off. (Though if daily tickets had been lower, I may have been tempted).

But this is ridiculous. An illusion clicky that gives you a random illusion - that is probably not the one desired - for 8% of the time? And $OE didn't expect players to feel like they had been baited and switched?

Limitations like the ones on this need to be announced up front. When Roshen talked about the fun he was having with this item, I don't recall any indication that there was an hour and fifty minute delay between illusions.

If developers don't want people running around looking like Norrathian gods, they shouldn't have made the item in the first place. Or made the limitations explicit at the start. Not set up expectations to have players then be sorely (and surely) disappointed. Stuff like this hasn't made me leave EQ (yet, at least) but it has caused me to not try other $OE games, to include on genres I was really interested in.

Either remove the Mickey Mouse (tm) restrictions, or give refunds.
    Dhdcf likes this.
  4. Laozi New Member

Are they still selling $35 SOE Live Loot Cards?

The last count for EQ registrants was something like 1,193. People need to be aware of the restrictions or their new solution. They can't perpetuate this. It's just going to get worst.
  5. Fistafury New Member

I have to say, the fact that Sony is stonewalling everyone who wants to see this item changed is ridiculous.

If these gods need to be protected so bad, why have they been mostly irrelevant for the last 10 years?

Discussing this issue internally is a waste of resources. You guys essentially sold a $5-10 SC store item for, what, 50 bucks? Take that as a win and give the people what they want.
  6. lolly Elder

Keep the customers happy - basic stuff really
    I live in uk and these American meets not possible
    But I suggest a reasonable compromise
    Buff lasts 36 mins as usual with others
    Can recast every 72 mins (game day)
    So can only look like a god half the time
    Keep no extra stat buffs so looking like a god will stay as a fun thing not a benefit in game terms

I'm sure it was an oversight not to specify earlier the restrictions
    Surely the people who thought up this fun gift are EQ people - devs etc
    And the devs are good people who have to balance keeping the soul of this game with keeping the hearts of the customers
    I'm hoping they will move some on this issue towards the customers
  7. Ruinedmyownlands Elder

As a rogue I want it to be just like any other illusion and last longer, every illusion in game that we can use will last at least 10 hours because we (chanters/bards/rogues) spent our aa's for master of disguise aa ability.

Only so many people signed up for ff so let those people who paid for it get the things. No stupid cool down either and make it last 30-60 minutes for everyone else just like other illusions. You people who want to compromise are selling yourselves short.

You paid for it so don't give in and accept garbage.
  8. Fendy Augur

Look at me I'm a god!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Yinla and Uxtalzon like this.
  9. Uxtalzon Augur

Here's hoping most can come to a satisfying conclusion of some sort.

Lookin' good, Fendy. Lookin' reeeeaaal good.
  10. Sancho Elder

Just think it's funny we can slaughter the gods, their followers & anything in our path. We can steal from their personal jewelry/loot collection & disrupt countless eons of the gods' well-laid plans. Good, evil and neutral - if we can kill it we have.

Looking like them though - no that's crossing the line. We want to show respect :p.
  11. Laozi New Member

God Illusion = God Mode. Truth!!!

They probably have some - in some weird way - merged the two concepts. Now they can't disentangle the idea.

The funny thing is the SOE/EQ team previously force fed us virtual currency and illusions with LoN and SC. There were lots of detractors years ago - the sky is falling. Real money transactions would destroy the game. Now the EQ team is behaving like the former detractors - THIS STUFF IS SACRED!

These illusion arguments are not to detract from the fact that the whole situation was a Bait-and-Switch ploy that suckered hundreds of customers.
  12. Roshen Brand Manager

Hey guys,

Quite a lot of us are in Vegas working hard to get SOE Live ready for everyone tomorrow, and it's delayed the time I would have liked to spend talking about this issue with the team and replying to this thread.

After talking with the team, we feel the best solution is to offer EQ players another SOE Live 2014 item in ADDITION to the Guise of the Ancient Gods. Once we get details on this item ironed out, we'll share it with all of you. This second item will not be ready for players when they start redeeming their SOE Live 2014 codes tomorrow.

I understand everyone's frustration with this situation. Even after a discussion within the team we still feel strongly about having the illusions granted by Guise of the Ancient Gods be unique and special in-game, which means that this item will continue to have a long recast time and a short illusion duration.
  13. Fendy Augur

Please NOT a forum badge.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. RangerDanger#1 Lorekeeper

thats not a refund.
  15. Pwning Lorekeeper

Garbage. A huge middle finger to your loyal player base.

I hope the added prize is a free dinner. Though usually I prefer the dinner BEFORE I get screwed.

Pack your pitchforks and torches, we're goin to Vegas!
  16. SpamFactory Augur

Refund option would be preferred. When people spent money for this ticket they knew what they were getting and could decide whether they thought the guise was worth paying $50 for (based on what information was available at the time anyway. it's obvious now that a lot of people don't see that same value on the guise after you tack on the restrictions).

People were willing to pay 50 for what they thought was an unrestricted guise. Any new item may not have the same perceived value as what people thought they were getting when they paid the price.

still sounds like a bait and switch to me.
  17. Torriadore Elder

No thanks, just bring back the refund.
  18. Casidia Augur

Do you know why many Asian game companies delay bringing their stuff to the U.S. and Europe now?
    Because we have such a demanding player base.
    They tried to sell us Europeans to Pro7, prolly for similar reasons. Just not worth the trouble.
    You would rather keep a thankful crowd.
    The mmo market has been crap here for years.

As if SOE has to swindle players with $50 items.
    Asking nicely for a change would prolly have the same result, but players here always think they are the gods (fits the topic pretty well), and speak with a booming voice give me back my pocket money, or else.

The main reason why i even got involved into this, we have the worse attitude.
    Something to think about maybe, but hey i know i will just get flamed so don't hold back.
    Linoleum and Weebaaa like this.
  19. Garshok Augur

So players get another SOE Live 2014 item - and if they don't play anything but EQ? [Not clear if this means 'pick another item' or 'we will come up with a new item.']

Or what if they perceive the value *to them* as less than $50, or whatever extra expense they paid to get it?

Or what if people simply don't want something other than what they chose, or thought they were choosing?

There's a cigar store I still won't order from because they tried a bait and switch on me during my last deployment - and then gave me grief about a refund. Consumers generally underwrite honest mistakes, but things like this tend to be received less well.

I didn't buy a ticket, but seems to me that refund needs to be an option at least for those who are not physically attending - i.e., people who may have gotten tickets simply to get this bauble. That or it had better be one kick-Halfling EQ1 item that makes everyone but the most jaded plat-sellers say "Wow!"
  20. Ringkeeper Journeyman

The new item has to be good - at least equal or better to Ancient Gods Guise - like a major illusion rotation item. It can't be dice that give Summoned Ale and Bread.