crikey I hate moving

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Geroblue, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Geroblue Augur

Well, I'll be back in the game hopefully by September... this laptop is no good for moving around in GL. Eeesh.

I read the patch notes today, didn't seem to be anything there for my toons.

Later !
  2. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

With the addition of Heroic level 85 characters, I think you can expect the 1-84 game to remain mostly unchanged as 85 is the new level 1.
  3. Geroblue Augur

I have 6 of them, but I prefer to play my lower level toons.
  4. Shortmid New Member

Try turning off Luclin models. Just start the launcher, and instead of hitting play hit the gears icon in the lower left. Then go to Game Configuration and deselect all the models.

I'm able to 2box on a laptop after doing that.
  5. Sita Not New, Just Quiet

Hide afk players helped me immensely for getting round the guild lobby.
    Borek-VS likes this.
  6. Sarkaukar Augur

Since it is a laptop there are several other things ya can do to it.

Brand/model/spec of laptop.

1. Can of compressed air to clear the dust buildup on the heatsinks.
    2. Setting power options in control panel to (xp always on) or Best Performance.
    3. If Nvidia gpu, set power management options to prefer best performance. This ensures if using a CPU/GPU and a Nvidia card, the game is always using Nvidia card.
    4. Exclude EQ directory from active antivirus scanning.
    5. If using eqclient.ini from another machine, delete and allow EQ to rebuild it.
    6. Turn off Luclin models for all or most toons. Can also use stick figure command (StickFigures=1) in eqclient.ini.
    7. Change amount of memory being used via Alt O, display tab
    8. Alt J, turn off Journal if enabled
    9. Setup key command to increase/decrease clipplane on the fly.
    10. Enable V-sync for EQ in eqclient.ini ( vsync=TRUE) No need to have FPS running on high, generating excessive heat then dropping back down to a low FPS situation (guild lobby, etc)
    11. If multi-core laptop, enable CPU Affinity to other cores, as EQ will generally peg out the one core it is set on. Setting up affinity spreads the work out to other cores.
    CPUAffinity0=-1
    CPUAffinity1=-1
    CPUAffinity2=-1
    CPUAffinity3=-1
    12. Disable Dynamic lighting (in game in chat UI, type in /dynamic off then zone or add/change eqclient.ini with ShowDynamicLights=FALSE)
  7. Geroblue Augur

New laptop, so no need to dust it. Turns out a virus scan was going on.