pet tank HA named?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hingabe, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Hingabe Augur

Whats the minimum req. For mage and or necro pets to be able to tank HA nameds? Pet lvl, focus #, # of cleric merc (s) etc. Right now im 3boxing 100bard, 97mage, 97necro. Both casters have twitching snood pet focus.
  2. Hingabe Augur

I dont want to try and 3box them unless I can beat the nameds in them.
  3. Necromonious Augur

Pets were just stealth nerfed, or there is a bug. Right now isn't a good indication I hope. My em19 post-nerf can barely tank lev 101+ named with full cooldowns (safest is with 2 cleric mercs if u can)
  4. Kolani Augur

The 100 bard is going to be the biggest problem you have, since it'll force a level 104+ named on you.
  5. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Weird, just trashed Roon with nothing but a merc on a pet class. Maybe check that you summoned the right level pet?

Mine worked just fine.
  6. Numzan Augur

You could be correct, however i don't have enough information yet to believe it is. I am going to test and retest it in some of the HA's. I did see a huge difference one night with my earth pet. He was slaughtered by 2 mobs...
  7. onyuyan Augur

I'd have to agree... There were changes to pets in the last patch (earth pet max hit and swarm pet HP lowered), but I can't find any numerical evidence of a change to the earth pets' tanking (not saying there isn't one, but it isn't obvious).
  8. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Oh... Earth pet?

I used my air pet.

The lesser tank.
  9. Hingabe Augur

If HA's aren't too doable, what would you suggest for a good way or place to lvl the caster boxes? Is Shards progression my best option?
  10. Denial_Sinfae Augur

HA's are doable even without killing named. They're the easiest way to get to 100, plus once you're there, you'll be able to outfit them in 100 gear.

The named have no bearing on your ability to finish the HA itself.
  11. feiddan Augur

Level 97 mage and necro pets should have no problem tanking level 100 HA named.
  12. Siddar Augur

Mage air pet with em12 earing from baz should have no trouble with HA named.
  13. Langya Augur

More than a merc
  14. Hingabe Augur

So 100bard/cler merc, 97mage/cler merc, and 97necro/rog merc should be ok doing the HA's, and I can just avoid the nameds and still finish the task just fine? And, do you think I can kill the nameds once the two ding 100 and gear up?
  15. hakmer Augur

-------------

switch rogue merc out to a wizard merc and you should be fine and yes you can do just about all group content with that lineup once u level and gear.
  16. Hingabe Augur

I usually use wiz merc, but it pulls a lot of aggro. I heard the rog does a better job staying alive
  17. Zemi New Member

Pets will not hold taunt over a rogue merc. Mercs work just like actual players in that sense. So, you'd be better off using a wizard merc. If you are having agro management troubles with the wizard. Try setting it on balanced mode for the first 10% or so of the mob's hit points, then switch it to burn.
  18. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Amendment to my prior statement. I just logged my mage in again. I guess I was using the water pet yesterday to molo roon.

You know, the rogue.

Less attempted subversion for widespread panic and chaos pls!
    feiddan likes this.
  19. Hingabe Augur

Wizard merc definitely. I forgot about the pet aggro/melee range thing. Ive been using a warrior merc in lue of a second cleric. But thats against shards landing mobs. Which is the easiest HA to do repeatedly with my trio?
  20. onyuyan Augur

Scouting Ahead (Gribble in DH) is my favorite, and other people like Into the Hills (Gribble), Protected Passage (Marla in WK), and Seeking Refuge (Marla). The Gribble ones are most likely easier to grind, since they're basically kill tasks. With a bard you can definitely pull singles, though you can probably handle more.