What's The Best Way to Kill Your Charmed Pet?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Ueuill, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Ueuill Elder

Hello, everyone! I'm about to ding level 65...which is kind of hard to get excited about considering my old Enchanter was capped with a gazillion AAs.

But, there was always one thing I had problems with when I charm solo. I'm presently soloing in Bastion of Thunder, and the experience has been good (once I stopped using that stupid, gratuitous Dire Charm pet and starting charming real mobs). My question is, when my charm pet finally drops below 20% health and needs to be put down, what's the most efficient way to kill it? Chain nuking or alternating nukes with mezzes is mana-intensive and tends to get messy, as I'm usually beaten down to about 30% health by the time my pitiful nukes kill off this pet.

I need a way to kill my former pet that is less mana intensive and doesn't leave me beaten to near death.
  2. Sancho Elder

I'd try practicing getting the pet down to 5-10% before killing it. If you just want it dead and don't care about the exp, have another mob kill it. If you want the exp from the pet, have your new charmed pet kill it for you. Memorize a root too it helps a ton.
  3. Haegar Augur

First, if you are in BoT, you should charm the earth wing, up where the name is.

You will seldom run out of things to kill, and that´s already the answer to your question.
    You don´t kill your pet.

You should only charm militis anyway, because the casters suck as pets.
    If it is depleted, try to mem blurr it so it can heal. Forget the nuke it down stuff. They summon and hit hard. It´s just not worth it to even try, if it got more than 4% health left.

Oh, and the alternate nuke and mez tactic has a huge problem.

I consider it a bug: if you mez something, chances are it will memblurr and start the fast regeneration. So in time you got your nuke off... it already got like 18% health again...
    You can reduce the effect by casting a quick tashan after mez, but overall, best tactic is to leave it alone.
  4. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

When I played an ENC I really preferred the CY area of the zone (stormriders). I would use only your pet to kill things, and trade pets to the enemy mob once your pet is low HP.

If you want to have an adventure, get some pet gear in the bazaar, go to the NW tower (sandstorm type giants), and charm a jord skygge. Gear it up, take it back to the CY with you. These are rogue mobs that frequently proc a 1500 dmg AE. You will rip up the whole zone until this pet kills you (it will). But it's totally worth doing at least once. :p
  5. Sancho Elder

I loved the earth wing myself. At 65 I switched from militis to krigers and really had some fun AAing. The krigers rip the lesser mobs apart. Really teaches you to stay calm when charm breaks & recover control cause those guys were unforgiving.
  6. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

At least this time, you can avoid too much Spell Casting Subtlety, Stasis, Mind Over Matter, Summon Companion, and Veil of Mindshadow. ;)
  7. Haegar Augur

Veil is still useful at those lvls and i liked summon companion to speed things up when i was in Jewel of Atiiki
  8. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

VoMs is among our most powerful AAs. I didn't mean to suggest not getting it. I've just avoided the final levels that change the vie percentage as I'm concerned that a real healer might not notice the minor damage it lets through. Thus far, I've found my lesser-sized VoMs to be sufficient anyway. I'd love to hear how healers respond to maxed VoMs, as if it's not problematic as I imagine it to be, I'd love to buy it. I'm just avoiding it until I know since there's no turning back.

If I want blur with Summon Companion, I'll cast it. Summon Companion can be useful if it doesn't blur.
  9. Haegar Augur

I said: To speed things up.

I used to charm something, that was finishing something in my back and go to the next place...

Then i hit summon companion and relocate and it was almost instantly chewing away on something else...
  10. Ueuill Elder

Thanks for all the good feedback, everyone. But alas, I'm 68 now, so it's off to Wall of Slaughter to kill things that will actually bring experience. I tried going to the towers, but I forgot how to get there. (It's been three years, after all.) I can get to the courtyard (just step behind the nameds), but beyond that, I just never know where I'm going to end up when I click on those thingies on either side of the steps.
  11. Haegar Augur

Maybe you should visit VXED and learn why charm was nerfed beyond belief...
    Try to charm a hynid and equip it with weapons/haste belt.