Classic EQ disc!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by VaZ928, Jul 23, 2014.

1. VaZ928 New Member

I found my old Classic EQ disc the other day. from release day on 1999. if there a way to install it and log in? just to look around and mess with the old stone UI and stuff?
  2. Rouan Augur

If you install it there should be the offline tutorial you can load.
  3. Sebbina Augur

I don't know if there was a tutorial on the first release, but remember non on the ruins of Kunark, these days, you install and do digital download, assuming you remember (wrote down your login info) you will auto start as silver and the VOA level 95 expansions. A lot has changed in 15 years, so easing into things can provide a lot of understanding.
  4. Sancho Elder

Check it out:

I like that the NPCs turn to face you. It's kind of creepy but I wish it would come back in some way.
    Roshen and onyuyan like this.
  5. VaZ928 New Member

I have been playing live for a while. The tutorial isnt on the disc (sadly) I do have a trilogy disc that its on though :)
  6. Uxtalzon Augur

That the tutorial with Prumpy Irontoe?

They need to implement that back in the game. Old poly everything never dies!
  7. Fle2ch Elder

Love it. I remember playing that tutorial. The old dwarf models look bad IMO especially the one that had one eye.
    Obiziana likes this.
  8. VaZ928 New Member

I prefer the old dwarf models. in fact I HATE the luclin models. the ogres and trolls dont scratch their butts and since when did ogres or trolls sit on their knees like gentlemen. The old models remind me of D&D actually. fits the description better.
  9. VaZ928 New Member

I read somewhere I can setup a server to play it on but I dont have the knowhow to do so
  10. lumin Elder

I love that video
  11. Edrick Augur

I still store my old EQ beta CD and the letter that came with it. I'm pretty sure if I could inspect it IRL it would have an artifact tag.
  12. Iila Augur

I remember editing some files to use the tutorial to explore Sebilis. In all its locked into walk mode with 0 swimming skill glory.
    Obiziana likes this.
  13. Obiziana Augur

Hax0r!
  14. Iila Augur

I think you just had to rename the other zone file to the name of the tutorial file. And the tutorial NPCs would be standing at their loc or at the safe point.