Leveling buffs

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Chris_p_W, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Chris_p_W Lorekeeper

I have an addiction to alts. So much so that I have 18 characters started on 2 accounts. I do not box but I do use characters from one account to buff the other.

So far the buffs that I have used are..
    Damage shield from mage... the single best buff in my opinion. wish it was longer than 28 min.
    Temp from a cleric. For the short time your low level it can double your HP.
    SoW from a shaman. Speed helps.

I also have used Skinspike potions and Spider bite poisons. Both are great.

Are there buffs that I have not found that are long lasting and help? I have many characters in the 50 -60 range. What are some other buffs to help solo ( and Molo)
  2. dc88 Journeyman

From the shammy you should be using HP focus, haste, strength buff, agility buff, dexterity buff, stamina buff, and Bih'Li. Some of the stat buffs might have stacking issues with focus, but try each of the stat buffs to see which one's will land. It depends on what HP focus you are able to cast (you didn't mention what level your shammy is)
  3. Sebbina Augur

Your best runt buffer is a Druid, Temperance (from a Cleric) is the top low level buff adding 48 AC and 800 HP, compared to Skin like Nature adding about 15AC and 250HP, Chloroplast provides 10HP/tick regen and Shield of Thorns is a damage shield of 24. A higher level 85 Druid (also Ranger) can get the AA Spirit of Eagle, which buffs with an hour plus of good runspeed, levitation and see invis, and also the Group version of Permanent Levitation which makes travel across hills and water a lot easier for runts and their mercs. Something more to consider is providing stat food and drink, Broiled Raxil Fish (high end Baking) adds some 130 HME plus 13 per stat and 25 resist, finding a stat drink is not quite so easy currently on my server the Merchant's Brew with 25 AC and 200 HME is 200 plat each in bazaar and not much else was for sale when I just checked. Next Valentines day time look for Emissary of Erollisi near the Bazaar and complete the tasks required to gain a Packed Picnic Basket, click once/min to obtain 5x 70 ish stat food or drink. Mercs auto skill and gear up as they level, so for low level characters a Tank merc is always preferred unless the runt has good buffs to take a hit and have mobs die on the DS to solo and get all the XP. Depending on your account claiming a Mount such as the Desert Kangon is great for a starter character if in outdoors as it adds 250 HME ish and 29AC, (on an 11) making a runt quite over powered compared to most mobs below level 20. Acquiring a mount requires either having bought the expansion, buying one with SC, looting a saddle or gaining one from LON, most, maybe all are heritage and can be passed using the common bank.
    Leveling a runt is about grinding out the kills or other form of XP, logging multiple classes to buff/rebuff slows the process down, still one cast of Temperance lasts through a lot of movement and regen, DS buffs help move things quickly.
  4. Rathus New Member

If I buy the latest expansion, will I get the /claim rewards for previous expansions? Because the Desert Kangon was a /claim from Veil of Alaris, iirc.

One other newb question. What does HME stand for?
  5. Zarkane New Member

HME stands for Health, Mana, Endurance.

I have no idea about /claim from earlier expansions. Last expansion I bought was SoF. Just returned myself and getting reacquainted with the game
  6. Sebbina Augur

You don't get previous claims, the use of a mount was a suggestion as a buff factor, start characters start naked with about 30 HP, so boosting the HP and mana for those classes that can cast spells is good also. As I previously stated the top starter buff is Temperance from a cleric, next buff in line is a merc tank, as they come with gear and auto upgrade and auto skill up each level. Add in Chloroplast regen and the Shield of Thorns buff, and starter and other lower level toons have a serious advantage over low level trash. Stat food, drink, stat mounts improve the character- permanent levitation and AA Spirit of Eagle make travel easier, permanent Dead man floating is also helpful as you get water breathing to make drowning less of a risk. Since there is no information on what comes with purchase of the next expansion I can't comment on a new mount for characters. As characters progress the buff advantage begins to be less valuable, at 61 it is possible to get VOA buffs and regain some advantages of high level buffs, at least until 75- 85 when the mobs are capable of doing much more DPS, so it becomes more important to upgrade gear particularly for tanking classes.
  7. Chris_p_W Lorekeeper

To expand the first post one account has : 85 mage 65 bard and a host of 50-60 classes.
    The other account was started after filling all 12 slots and has a druid and a shaman at level 41

I would like to get the druid or the shaman up to a level that can help some of the characters from the first account.

The 85 mage makes getting any pet class to the 60s trivial due to no limits on buffs for pets. That would seem to suggest leveling the shaman. its just that the druid taxi is so useful 8)