Cant Log In

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Bjorn, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Bjorn New Member

What ever SOE say, I can STILL not reach the servers!

FIXIT! I PAY FOR THIS!
  2. Shortmid New Member

I had the same issue until I changed my DNS servers from Cox to Googles.

EDIT: if you wanna try they are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
  3. Quatr Augur

Yup, it was a DNS issue on my end as well. Perhaps SOE changed some DNS values and they haven't fully propagated yet, so some DNS servers are still not aware of them?
  4. Milfurd Augur

Can't log in to Bristlebane
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

On Bristlebane as well. Couldn't get in until I tried this workaround.

Machen said:
    “A quick workaround for people who can't get online.

Go into your network connection properties, under Internet Protocal Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)

Include one of the following under "Use the following DNS server addresses:"

These are sony's DNS servers. It will resolve the EQ related domain names for you.

You'll also want to include something like opendns.org's dns server for resolving other names.

Otherwise you will be able to get to Sony's stuff but nothing else on the internet.

You may need to do ipconfig /flushdns after this.

You'll also want to reset this to "Obtain DNS server address automatically" in a day or so.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

A member of my guild used this to get in:

altdns 8.8.8.8

Worked for him.

P.S. I would love to be a fly on the wall in the offices at SOE today. Hehehe
  7. Leerah Augur

8. suka Lorekeeper

try this: open your network and sharing folder, then click your network icon (mine is local area connection) and open that. click on the properties and then on internet protocol version 4 (tcp/ipv4). Now click properties on that.
    the bottom part is the dns server. click “use the following DNS server address:
    preferred DNS server: 8.8.8.8
    alternate dns server 8.8.4.4
    click validate settings on exit
    Now go to your system tools in your accessories on your start menu and right-click the command prompt. choose “run as administrator”
    there you type the ipconfig commands: first the /flushdns and then the /registerdns. when it finishes telling you that the dns is registered, close the window.
    your eq1 should run then.
  9. suka Lorekeeper

those commands are ipconfig /flushdns and ipconfig /registerdns
  10. lancelove Augur

Suka that got you back into the game and playing?
  11. Minea New Member

grrr...still cant get into game!
  12. Nyrvana New Member

I have tried this and what was posted on the eqresources page. I can get to click play! but not to the server select screen =( Very frustrating I really hope we get something for this. A company forgetting to pay this is a load of crap if you ask me.
  13. Aakla Journeyman

I tried that but soon as I hit OK I lose internet until I change it back and reboot.
  14. Jeksa-Bertox New Member

Dear Sony, you owe me yet again >.> Pay up. I have tried all the fixes on here and nothing, it just tells me i have no internet connection, which obviously i have.
  15. Minea New Member

I have done everything and I still cant get in either............what a way to spend my first day off in a month!
  16. Leerah Augur

Did you go into your internet connections and change it to Google's (8.8.8.8) DNS?
  17. Xeladom Augur

I have tried all of the fixes and I am able to load toons on all servers except CT, RATHE, EROLLISI, and BERT. My main is on CT so it sucks.
    I get the 1017 error patch connection loss on those 4 servers.
  18. Minea New Member

I have tried all of the work a rounds posted on every EQ site and nothing is getting me to Char Select. I don't know what else I can do to resolve the problem except just wait it out.
  19. Phaith New Member

I was unable to log on until a few minutes ago. Suka's suggestions worked for me. I felt lucky and happy to finally be back online.
  20. Leerah Augur

Minea, did you reset your router and/or reboot your computer?