Stone Tear

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Povarmonk, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Zeddy New Member

When I flip the missions I have a hard time pulling all the mobs away before the "helping" NPCs start helping and follow me away from the spawn point. Any suggestions? I am trying this with my warrior.
  2. Viltaire Augur

What I did is went out of the building before hailing marrien and then went past riago, there is kind of a line where the intersection is, and then hailed him. I then turned around and used a targetable ae hate spell. Occasionally a spellcaster will linger and one of the rebels will agro from it, but most of the time they never assisted.
  3. Thaargor New Member

dont know if anyone mentioned it yet or not, but there are 4 missions in the pillars of alra (three of them easy) that give you a fragment everytime you complete the "special" step for each mission. thats how i got from level 12 to level 20
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Brohg Augur

The first page and a half of this very thread was all about those. Thanks for your contribution, though.
    Iila likes this.
  5. Crenmag New Member

I am a bit confused by this item. The final result The Tears of Alaris shows as having a 5% Defense mod...5% of 390(lvl 100 knight)=19.5+390=409.5 but the most you can get to is 400 Defense with this item due to the note stating (10 Max). Even on a 97 mage 4% would max the 10 cap on the final result of this.

Yes I know this was introduced with VoA so max lvl of 95 at that time which would mean lower defense skill which would have been 310 for a mage and 375 for a knight. Which STILL makes this showing as 5% (Max 10) when 4% gets every single class to that 10 Max a bit absurd. I guess for all I know this item was intended for a level 90 then I guess the 5% is feasible except for the fact that it has a recommended level of 95.

Why do we need to see 5% when you are giving us a flat rate no matter what? Seems like it would be better to just make it a flat rate like mod 2's are. Wasn't there a reason that the dev's previously got away from using %'s due to scaling and having these exact type questions?

I see this question coming up again in a few month's but with Stone of Judgement Skill Mod: Dodge 10 % (45 Max) if the Dodge skill is raised any with the next expansion.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

They stopped using %-based skill mods because there used to be no cap. Then they added a cap, so now we are seeing a return of %-based skill mods...that have a cap.
  7. Jonny Panic Augur

Some little side notes using the above numbers, as I've just started taking this semi-seriously myself... just for the sake of perspective.

It takes more xp to get to level 2 than it does for any one of level 3, 4 or 5.

It takes the equivalent of 19086 solo Alaran kills total to max.

At level 19, it'd take 5651 solo Alaran kills to get to 20..

At 19, each fragment (assuming a consistent 5% flat increase per) is worth about 282 solo Alaran kills.

Edit: My question is... do mercs count toward the group members modifier for xp gained per Alaran killed?

Edit 2, Electric Boogaloo: Also, do things like Hotzone mods and Lesson impact Tear xp gained?
  8. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Yes

No, evolving item XP is not affected by mods of any kind.
  9. Crenmag New Member

I understand why they stopped using % based skill mods. I just don't see the point in putting this at 5% if every single class at lvl 90+ gets to that cap at 4%. Why not just make it a set +10 Defense at level 20 of the tear? Looks very misleading to me when a level 100 looks at it and sees the 5% and has a skill of 390...ohh that looks great it will add 19.5 to my defense skill when in fact it adds just shy of half of that.
  10. ~Mills~ Augur

The real question is what impact does 9 more defense skill have? I would guess in reality this means you have a .0001% of living through something you otherwise wouldn't have. This really should scale to archetype like the AA armor of wisdom or whatever its called does. So tanks might get 9 defense since they gain the most from it whereas silkies might get 30 defense skill.

Mobs tuned around tanks or tanks under their tools with the survival gap as big as it currently is for the different archetypes means most classes go splat in seconds these days. Multiples aggroing you and you often don't even get a chance to see what hit you you just die and are left scrolling back to see which see invis mob aggro'd with 2 of his friends before you could blink.
  11. Tearsin Rain Augur

technically that's only about 90% correct.
    serverwide xp bonuses (like xp bonus weekends) WILL increase the amount of xp you get on evolving items.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

How much is really irrelevant when it comes to top end toons.

It's better. That's all that matters to top end toons.
    Tucoh and feiddan like this.
  13. feiddan Augur

Hrmm, I hadn't heard that before. Thanks for pointing that out, Tearsin!
  14. tnot Elder

Clearing Arena in Shards landing ( including the gladiators ). I'm getting around 3 an hour. That is clearing the ENTIRE arena, as fast as they spawn. & looting every corpse yourself ( not in a group ) . Assuming you started the tear this way, I estimate the time expenditure at around 50-60 Hours of clearing.

Boxxing 2 magicians, with 1 fire pet pulling each mob to the center, looting is easy and DPS is just enough to clear the entire arena before they respawn.

Just the killing of the alarans will level your tear to 13 or 14. & you'll have 120-140 tears after 50 or so hours.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Mintalie Augur

You must have lucky RNG--that is a much higher rate of return than I experienced clearing the Arena. I averaged 1 every hour or two with mage and chanter plus mercs.
    Wayylon and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  16. Random_Enchanter Augur

there is know 100% emprical way to know what effect the extra 9 defense has. we CAN calculate out though what the 100% emprical effect is on your Migitation AC (rAC) and your computed defense is since Dzarn spoiled the forumulas for that.
    Running some numbers for various classes and summing up the results, you typicaly see Migitation AC (rAC) drop by 4-6 (class dependant), and computed defense increase by 16, if all other factors remained the same.
    As stated what we dont know is the effects of Migitation AC (rAC) and computed defense are on the combat forumlas. It can also be assumed that the drop in Migitation AC (rAC) is a result of the total AC being the same and not due to some inversed relationship between Migitation AC (rAC) and computed defense.

As such you will see computed defense increase by 16 for every 9 defense skill points you get.
  17. Schadenfreude Augur

After flipping Rebel Assault something like a dozen times with no drops I got annoyed with all the zoning and finished the mission as designed only to find a Fragment on a mob near the end that wasn't involved in the fight. That said neither Shards Landing or Valley have ever reliably provided three Fragments per hour for me and that's with a not inconsiderable amount of slaughter during that time.

Pillars remains by far the best option if you can stand doing the same quests over and over. Personally everything about the zone makes me want to stab kittens (if I never meet that FD mob again that's fine with me) and this is speaking from the viewpoint of someone with a box Druid so transport isn't the issue.