Am I insane, or has pet enrage stopped working?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tearsin Rain, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Tearsin Rain Augur

okay so i poked around searching before posting this thread to make sure there wasn't an ongoing discussion that i missed, and perhaps i'm just blind but i didn't see one.

i have noticed for about the last 2-3 weeks now that on my mage, pet enrage no longer functions - both primary and swarm pets still give the enrage emote, but then continue to take melee damage.
    spoke to a few other mages, they see the same behavior.

are necros seeing this as well? and was it an intended change that i somehow completely missed, or is the enrage function just broken?
  2. Bryan Augur

Strikethrough - mobs are bypassing any/all defenses.

That's been the case for a long time. But it is possible an increase in strikethrough chance was added in a recent patch.

I'm just guessing but this seems like a logical conclusion to me.
  3. Xirtket Augur

my pet dies to fast to noticed if enrage is working or not, it does seem he can't hold agro for crap anymore though (even with aggro weps), I'm finding myself having to fd more frequently lately.
  4. gcubed Augur

They are not mutually exclusive. So...

You and insane AND pet enrage isn't working.
  5. Nylrem Augur

Your pet's health gets low enough to get enrage emote? :)

J/K... but, ya, my pets have taken damage even while enraged for a long time. I didn't know they weren't supposed to, thought it was just an increased chance to riposte or something.
  6. Voragath Augur

It is working. I had my pet enrage the other day =( Sometimes the pet just dies too fast for enrage to happen. I have an AT for it.
  7. Tearsin Rain Augur

... wow, these replies make me sad.

pet enrage is working, in that the emote fires.
    about 4-5 weeks ago, when a pet would enrage, the pet's health loss would stop - AKA, the 100% riposte rate that enrage is supposed to give was working correctly.
    as of about 2 weeks ago, when a pet enrages it continues to take damage from melee.

so either something changed (intentionally or unintentionally) or else i'm the only person in EQ that has noticed this, which i find kind of hard to believe.
  8. Xirtket Augur

my pet has died while enraged lately as well, although I haven't paid much attention to it, due to my pet being a speed bump anymore, I thought it was the norm, besides if it is broken and they fix it, someone will cry nerf and our pets will be even worse.
  9. Kunon Augur

I had noticed my pet dying more often for awhile now. After this post I started paying closer attention to it and set up an audio trigger. After the emote that pet enrages there is absolutely no difference in the damage it takes. Being a Necro pet (even with EM 20) that meant the audio trigger also signaled the immediate death of the pet 99% of the time.
  10. tinywolf1 Journeyman

"Am I insane or does Jerry not wear glasses?" ;)