So, Argith-Hiz prelaunch tasks...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kolani, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Drakang Augur

Yeah nothing like discouraging grouping with these tasks. The drop rate on giants is so low and the hps so high that having one more DPS in group does not reduce the kill time that much and adds another person you have to kill 30-40 more for. Especially when a normal group can take 5-6 mins per kill unless your just burning waiting for them to come back and burning again.

And the Hurricane dropping 5 items sometimes? Nothing like saying hey if you got 5 in group pop a merc vice inviting another person along and maybe loosing out on the drop.

There also appears to be a bug on getting the reward as we had at least 1 guild member loose 6% AAXP on completion of the kill ash hurricane quest instead of gaining xp.

As for killing once you do manage to get 1 or 2 down or another group does watch the zone as they pop out in the zone and wander up so easier to tag them on incoming.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Edrick Augur

If you have a class that can mez, the giants are easy to split. They're not the norm and can be mezzed, so just pull them away from the wall, mez one, let the others path back and pull the mezzed giant who should be solo. They sure do have a lot of hp, so getting all the embers for a full group would be pretty agonizing.
  3. Axxius Augur

...or he gained 94% AAXP and only looked at the 'next aa' gauge. ;)
  4. Tobynn Augur

Zero xps is accurate. I forgot to stop and take a rez along the way, so I ended up rotting a corpse well before I was finished. Still missing that unrezzed 9% exps even after killing another 50? ash giants from death 'til done.

50 even con mobs = zero exps. Winnah!

And what's up the the Ash Hurricane dropping 5 quest pieces? I only needed 3 so ample dropped in my case, but the tasks require kill credit and delivery of the quest piece to Lanys. If a group of 6 makes the kill, then obviously 5 is a problem. Hope to find a rotting piece on another group's kill? or, just kill it twice for the lulz? Its only got a bajillion HPs.
  5. roguerunner Augur

Yeah that's how we felt on Fridlief when we found out those giant adds mezzed >.<
  6. Edrick Augur

Completed Flamewarder anyway, despite the horrible issues with the giants. Trying to get those drops for a full group at this point is going to be awful. Same with the one where you have to hail the ash, but at least you only need to do it five times per person.

It is pretty strange that the mobs give pretty much no exp, and the quests don't give you any reward on their own. One of the guards even says something about giving you a reward when you do the final hail, so I think the generic exp and plat reward is missing.
  7. Elegist Elder

Yes, there should have been XP and coin on the tasks. The lack thereof is a bug and is being addressed. The mob XP will also be raised. Drop rates for the various items will be increased. And several other changes will be in there too, hopefully making these tasks less onerous.
  8. Kolani Augur

There's another one of my peeves with EQ development these days. There's been a lot of stuff I've done in the last couple years that assumed that 2/16 classes were always going to be readily available to any given group.

WE DON'T ALWAYS HAVE A MEZZER, PEOPLE.
  9. Mary Poppins Augur

As a person that rolls with TWO mezzers in his normal group, I still approve this message.
    Obiziana and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  10. onyuyan Augur

Eh this only sucks for the DPS classes cause they're replaceable. There are only 3 tank classes (and tank mercs suck). But every group ever needs a tank. There are healer mercs, but there's content that requires real healers (3/16 again). What really sucks for CC classes (chanters especially) is when everything is disabled (mez, root, charm, stun)... Then their whole purpose is kinds useless.

Personally I'd make the trade where CC is almost never "required" (except for really tough stuff), but it is always beneficial.
  11. Qulas Augur

Thanks for looking into these, the quests are super tedious at the moment and the mobs are barely giving exp.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Would be nice if these were group tasks not solo.
  13. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

As far as Test catching it, I did & several people did but they rarely ever pay attention to any of the /bug reports. So much stuff is left in a broken state on Test & either pushed Live that way & fixed or fixed before it gets pushed to Live but never fixed on Test. They completely miss out on the resources of the big Test guilds who want to help but are ignored in favor of the top Live guilds sometimes copying over to ROFL stomp a raid once every 6 months or so. It's not on the players, it's on the devs & the lack of communication between them & the active Test player base. SOE MOD ## this isn't a rant, trolling or unconstructive so please don't delete it or suspend me for it...
    Obiziana likes this.
  14. Random_Enchanter Augur

And an enchanter/ bard a mezzer is required in all of 0% of content these days. What IS required is that you have some way to offtank, or single pull, or otherwise deal with multi-pulls. Historicaly this is to mez, but there are other ways to deal with multi-pulls. 95% of the classes have the ability to CC in some shape and form, what pisses you off is sony limiting the CC types to single pull (long and annoying), Offtank (need good tanks / healers), or mez ( ~6 classes can do this on any mob type now)
  15. Zarzac Augur

All tasks always should be group tasks imo. This isn't a first person shooter. Any tasks that can be obtained solo should always update in a group (anyone looting something that is needed flags the whole group).

All of the single and go loot stuff tasks over the years have been key in killing off the real group game. Merc's never need drops so in doing "go get a drop" tasks they are always preferable and you may not care about some quests for a bot a two again making that better than going out and starting or joining a group.
    feiddan and TheQxx like this.
  16. Kolani Augur

Nah, there's been plenty of mobs and named, going allllll the way back to Mistress of Pain that assume you have mez in group. I can CC mobs fine without the bard, just the mobs that need CC are run immune now, so I can't do it. I could CC all the mobs in this task like a boss all day long if they weren't run immune.
  17. Random_Enchanter Augur

So if i understand right, your annoyed because of the three types of CC avilable on these you can do none of them. and you dont have anyone who can do any of the three? of which you then turn into a generic statement stating that a mezzer is required 100% of the time in everything.
  18. Kolani Augur

No, I'm complaining because any form of CC other than mez is effectively disabled, and there's a ton of content since Underfoot with run immune adds, adds that spawn on the mob, etc. When a viable strategy for a named is "burn it and loot after we campfire back after wiping" it's not great design.
  19. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Maybe if there was more of a need for them there would be more readily available for grouping.
  20. Kolani Augur

At this point, they're like player controlled clerics and warriors because of constant abuse of the class going back a long time now.