Ideas for mage summoned items?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Askyn, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Askyn New Member

Yeah I know,

Lot of people may not want to have new abilities focused on new summoned items.
    I think they can be fun though.

Here is and idea for one that I can not believe hasn't been done yet:

Summoned Clicky Shrink item

What would you like to see or suggest?
  2. Voragath Augur

Clicky illusions (even if pet only).
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. onyuyan Augur

As much as I love summoned stuff, we tread a thin line. They don't want us to encroach on other classes' territory or have anything too useful. It also seems the whole summoning thing can detract from actual improvements (CotF T2 spells anyone?).

That being said, I'd love to see the instant cast nuke clicky item updated (the ice one slows me down). Also I'd take better summoned mod rods (with endurance? pretty please?), though I doubt that's ever gonna happen.

It's also not quite a summoning spell, but I wish they'd update the clicky item that summons pet weapons (from GoD I believe). But that's just me being lazy.
  4. Greaseman Journeyman

Maybe a limited time aura that gives a benefit similar to Circle of Power and such.

Or a clicky for a trap that does a small amount of damage, a debuff, snare or aggro reducer.

Clicky Infernal Skin. I hardly ever use the spell due to the long recast time and short duration, but might be fun to hand out a clicky to front-load a tank with a big DS like that before taking on a named.

Or if they wanted to get really wacky, summon a ball of chaotic mana that does something different depending on the class that clicks it. An aggro blast if a tank class clicks it, clicky heal for healers, debuff for chanters, another dot for beastlords cause we love them so much (kidding), etc.
  5. Silv Augur

Given the relative ease of getting a shrink item these days, I'd be all for a Mage summoned item with the effect. It's not really encroaching on any territory but it would still be useful.

Mages do have a niche with the pet toy summoned items though. They are beyond useful for any pet class... how else could people get away with selling them in the bazaar?

I think a cool one would be summoning Merc gear. However, I'm sure people would throw a fit after buying the useless items from the COTF merchant. Another cool one would be something similar to the Enchanter AA item Sanguine Crystal - trade mana for HP. Give the summon a large Mana cost to the Mage so it is unfeasible to do in the middle of combat. The Enchanter version is sorely outdated so I wouldn't want to see an exact copy/paste. If the item was lore I could see justification for a meaningful one charge heal... 30k, 40k+? It could save you from a huge spike or give your healer an extra few seconds to save you from a DoT.

Back to your main point... yes, a shrink summon would be great. Given the treatment of Enchanter illusions, I doubt you'll see anything useful though (but you can hope!). They tend to drive niche spells into the ground over time.
  6. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

I recently posted this in an unrelated thread:

For the same reasons all the classes are to some extent dependent on the others for buffs. I've always thought Magicians should be able to summon better armor than players generally get; probably not all the slots, but at least one slot. Now that we have ranked spells, I'd make Rk. I better than any group item in that slot, Rk. II better than any chase item in that slot, and Rk. III better than any raid item in that slot. This way Mages can sort of buff people by summoning gear as they could back in the beginning. Developers, if you're listening, I suggest a Wrist Item, so that if a player already has a bracer they're in love with, they can use both, and it doesn't clash with their armor look if they don't want it to.

I remember my Summoned: Coldstone being my Human Wizard's most valuable possession, and being very angry at my friends for hacking into my account and stealing it the next day...until I found out it was NORENT...at which point I immediately embarked on a crusade to find a Magician who would summon me another one!
  7. onyuyan Augur

I'd love that to happen with no consequence, but if it did pretty much everything else we did would get "retuned" :eek:.