GamParse 1.0.5 Test

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

As I mentioned in the last update, the last release was for the most part what I had been given, with only a few changes, and was more about getting it out there as quickly as possible.

Since that time, there has been a LOT of work done fixing various issues, implementing requested features, and general cleaning up of the old code. So much so in fact, that I would like some help testing all of the various things to ensure they work properly before I want to call it an official release, and that is the point of this thread.

If you are interested in testing 1.0.5 for me, it is available here.

Changes / Things to test:

New
    1) /Random Parsing + outputs

GamParse 1.05 has a new tab that parses /Randoms. Random Sets are created as soon as a a new /Random is parsed, and all /Randoms of the same set are added together up to a predefined period of time (default 5 minutes).

In other words, if you /random 0 100 at 12:00:00PM, any other /random 0 100 will be grouped together until 12:05:00PM. If you /random 0 100 at 12:05:01PM, it will create a new Random Set. The lists can be sorted by clicking on the column headers.

[IMG]
    Additionally, buttons exist to paste into EQ. The Top and Bottom buttons will past the top 10 rollers into EQ:

/GU [Top 6 Rolls] for [0 to 100] [Start: 7/2/2014 7:13:13 AM] [End: 7/2/2014 7:18:13 AM][Number of Rolls: 6], 1) Beimeith: 83, 2) Beimeith: 56, 3) Beimeith: 55, 4) Beimeith: 40, 5) Beimeith: 34, 6) Beimeith: 0

/GU [Bottom 6 Rolls] for [0 to 100] [Start: 7/2/2014 7:13:13 AM] [End: 7/2/2014 7:18:13 AM][Number of Rolls: 6], 1) Beimeith: 0, 2) Beimeith: 34, 3) Beimeith: 40, 4) Beimeith: 55, 5) Beimeith: 56, 6) Beimeith: 83

The Middle button will paste the middle one or two rolls into EQ:

/GU [Middle 2 Rolls] for [0 to 100] [Start: 7/2/2014 7:13:13 AM] [End: 7/2/2014 7:18:13 AM] [Number of Rolls: 6], 3) Beimeith: 55, 4) Beimeith: 40

The Top/Bottom button will paste the top and bottom 5 rolls into EQ:

/GU [Top/Bottom 3 Rolls] for [0 to 100] [Start: 7/2/2014 7:13:13 AM] [End: 7/2/2014 7:18:13 AM][Number of Rolls: 6], 1) Beimeith: 83, 2) Beimeith: 56, 3) Beimeith: 55, 6) Beimeith: 0, 5) Beimeith: 34, 4) Beimeith: 40

The Random button will choose one person from the list randomly and paste into EQ:

/GU [Random Roll] for [0 to 100] [Start: 7/2/2014 7:13:13 AM] [End: 7/2/2014 7:18:13 AM][Number of Rolls: 6], Beimeith: 0

/GU [Random Roll] for [0 to 100] [Start: 7/2/2014 7:13:13 AM] [End: 7/2/2014 7:18:13 AM][Number of Rolls: 6], Beimeith: 40

/GU [Random Roll] for [0 to 100] [Start: 7/2/2014 7:13:13 AM] [End: 7/2/2014 7:18:13 AM][Number of Rolls: 6], Beimeith: 34

Finally, there is a checkbox that will hide duplicate rollers. When checked (default), it will only display the first roll from each person, if you roll a second time, it will ignore that roll.

2) Per fight ranking

On the Overview tab a new column displays a simple ranking based on Total Damage so you can easily see where each player came in. This number is also used when you click the "Send Highlighted to EQ" button.

3) Zone tracking

Messages from zoning are parsed and used to assign zones to each fight on the Fight Overview Tab. It doesn't really do anything outside of that, but it is useful for opening older parses and seeing where you were at instead of say having to look it up on Alla.

4) Class tracking

Based on the spells and abilities that players use GamParse now determines their class which is then displayed on the Overview tab. Additionally there is an option available on the Overview to use class names instead of player names when pasting into EQ.

/GU General Vaxa in 27s, 76472k @2832302sdps --- Berserker 6933k@256764sdps (301418dps in 23s) --- Berserker 5710k@211474sdps (211474dps in 27s) --- Berserker 5644k@209035sdps (225757dps in 25s) --- Ranger 4737k@175442sdps (215315dps in 22s) --- Monk 3843k@142341sdps (147815dps in 26s) --- Magician 3788k@140293sdps (172178dps in 22s) --- Wizard 3711k@137451sdps (176723dps in 21s) --- Beastlord 3274k@121250sdps (121250dps in 27s) --- Magician 2575k@95369sdps (107290dps in 24s)

5) Export to Worksheet

Raw fight data can now be exported into an XML worksheet

[IMG]

6) Participants per fight tracking

On the Fight List tab it now displays a simple count of the number of players involved in each fight.

7) Optional Counting/Listing all mobs when combined

The Fight Navigator has an option to give more detailed information when combining multiple fights together into one. (Default off)

/GU Arch Mage Harron pet (8), A royal myrmidon (3), A royal scout (2), A crusader (2), A champion (2) in 407s, 89654k @220279sdps --- #1 Wizard 9952k@24452sdps (25984dps in 383s)

8) Load/Backup compressed log files

When backing up log files they are now compressed into .gz format. GamParse can also load these files directly, no need to uncompress before loading.

9) Configurable backup directory

You can now configure where to store backup log files. (Defaults to original location)

10) Optional Backup checking

You can now specify the size of the files, (it was set at 100MB before), and set a limited timer for it to automatically check. (It only checked for backups when you loaded the program).

Updates / Fixes
    1) Information sent to EQ has been updated.

Scaled dps is given directly behind the total damage, with raw dps and the character engagement time after it in parenthesis. Displaying sdps and raw dps are both optional. Displaying the engagement time with raw dps is not optional. Percentage of total damage follows raw dps and is now in brackets.

With all optional components enabled:

/GU A champion in 37s, 5335k @144176sdps --- Wizard 931k@25153sdps (51704dps in 18s) [17.45%] --- Magician 625k@16896sdps (52096dps in 12s) [11.72%] --- Magician 504k@13632sdps (42031dps in 12s) [9.45%] --- Monk 415k@11224sdps (34608dps in 12s) [7.79%] --- Magician 375k@10135sdps (31249dps in 12s) [7.03%] --- Enchanter 311k@8403sdps (51820dps in 6s) [5.83%] --- Monk 290k@7848sdps (19359dps in 15s) [5.44%] --- Magician 264k@7135sdps (32998dps in 8s) [4.95%] --- Berserker 206k@5580sdps (17206dps in 12s) ...

With labels and % of damage options disabled:

/GU A champion in 37s, 5335k @144176 --- Wizard 931k@25153 (51704 in 18s) --- Magician 625k@16896 (52096 in 12s) --- Magician 504k@13632 (42031 in 12s) --- Monk 415k@11224 (34608 in 12s) --- Magician 375k@10135 (31249 in 12s) --- Enchanter 311k@8403 (51820 in 6s) --- Monk 290k@7848 (19359 in 15s) --- Magician 264k@7135 (32998 in 8s) --- Berserker 206k@5580 (17206 in 12s) --- Enchanter 205k@5535 (34135 in 6s)

With labels, % of damage, and sdps disabled (because I know some of you will do that, even if it's dumb).

/GU A champion in 37s, 5335k @144176 --- Wizard 931k@(51704 in 18s) --- Magician 625k@(52096 in 12s) --- Magician 504k@(42031 in 12s) --- Monk 415k@(34608 in 12s) --- Magician 375k@(31249 in 12s) --- Enchanter 311k@(51820 in 6s) --- Monk 290k@(19359 in 15s) --- Magician 264k@(32998 in 8s) --- Berserker 206k@(17206 in 12s) --- Enchanter 205k@(34135 in 6s)

2) Options/Settings have been completely redone.
    a) Options tab is gone, settings are accessed via Settings Menu.
    b) Changes are not saved unless confirmed by clicking the "save" button. (Or any of the Overlay buttons)
    c) Settings file is now version specific (Gamparse-[version number].ini) so as not to try to load an incompatible file or overwrite an older version if multiple versions are run from the same directory.

3) Graphs are now auto-scaling and should no longer become unreadable with high values.

DPS Graph:

[IMG]

Before the lines on the Y-Axis were drawn every 10k, so this graph would have had 50 lines on top of each other, making it unreadable. Now it scales based on the highest hit. The same principle is used for the X-Axis as well.

Additionally, there are now options for which lines appear on the graph. You can disable one or more of the lines to make it more legible. This is the same graph as above, but without the blue damage lines:

[IMG]

Hit Graph:

[IMG]

Hit graphs now resize the graph itself and it becomes scrollable.

4) Column sorting has been improved. Previously you could only sort certain columns, and many you could only sort them one way. All columns should now be sortable in both directions (increasing values/decreasing values).

5) The Loading Bar at the bottom has been improved, and now tells you how long it took to load as a reference.

6) Detection of Rampage has been improved.

7) Crashing when backing up logfile with GINA is fixed.

Previously if you used GINA to backup your log files while GamParse was active, GamParse would crash.

8) Various other crashes have been fixed.

Many more crashes related to large numbers have been fixed. (Switched from int32 to int64). Various other strange combinations of things that cause crashes have been fixed.

Thanks anyone who helps in testing. Please let me know of any issues with things not working the way they should, especially the options.
    Momentum and Syrup like this.
  2. Branntick Augur

Cool update. I'd still personally have loved to see you put your efforts into developing a plugin for ACT, but alas, if we can get GamParse to function similarly then I'm fine with it.

Just out of curiosity, is it at all possible to get GamParse to parse on a per-encounter basis, instead of per-enemy basis? For instance, my favorite part of ACT's parsing method is that it simply combines damage dealt to all combatants as a single encounter. However, it is not hard to use the program's extensive features to determine your performance against a single combatant.
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You mean to automagically combine a whole event into a single fight? The functionally for that already exists and is actually used for some older raids, but I haven't decided whether or not I want to use it for more things. The downside to it is that you lose the ability to see what you did against individual enemies.

It may be possible to set it as optional, but I haven't really looked at that code too closely yet. In any cast it isn't really a priority because you can always combine fights yourself by selecting multiple fights from the Fight Navigator and clicking the Combine Fights button.
  4. Branntick Augur

I suppose that's a good point, and I do use it pretty extensively to calculate zonewide parses. I'd really like to see the Combine Fights feature expanded upon, personally. As it currently is, the functionality is there, but it's more of a "side feature" than a mainstay of the program. Which is no fault of yours of course, I do much appreciate the direction you're taking it.

One big thing I'd like to mention. Have you considered splitting the Fight List window down the middle and putting the content of the Overview tab underneath? You could eliminate some of the redundancies shared between the two tabs, and honestly even eliminate the Fight Navigator altogether. The Fight List can function as the Fight Navigator, because as it currently stands, the Fight Navigator provides the exact same information as the Fight List without some details like fight duration/dps, etc.

If you're not opposed to a small list of changes that I think would make the program a lot more fluid (interface wise), you can look over this list I've made. All of these changes assume that you've done what I mentioned above.

1. A "Clear Encounters" button near the bottom left "Combine Fights" button that will purge all currently parsed data and resume monitoring the log file for new fights if that option was selected previously
    2. A "Search" button near the bottom left near the "Combine Fights" button that will run a check against the "Opponent" column under the "Fight List" for matched terms.
    3. Under the "Fight List", display both raw and scaled dps, and change the column labels to reflect that.
    Obviously I'm not trying to pressure you here, but I think this would go a long way towards making GamParse a better program. Thanks for reading.
  5. feiddan Augur

Beimeth, thanks for the update! I'm digging the new features, though it seems to also load up slower than old versions at first go.

I'm having issues with the line graphs not displaying. The x and y axes are marked, but there's nothing there. Tank line graphs are same. Bar graphs are working just fine. Here's a picture of what I'm seeing:

[IMG]
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Combining the Fight List Window and the Overview tab would require that both both boxes be made more than cut in half:

[IMG]

and really I don't see how that would be a benefit. I think it would be far more of an annoyance as it would increase the amount you need to scroll for each box.

The Fight Navigator is used for multiple tabs. The Player DPS, Spells & Discs, Tanking, Graphs, and Healing tab all use the selected value of the Fight Navigator. This is why it exists outside of the Tab Control and is always accessible. Removing it and using just the Fight List Tab would be annoying to constantly need to switch tabs, change the fight, then switch tabs back to the tabs every time time.

1) You can already clear the Fight List and resume parsing by going to File > Monitor Logfile for new fights only. Yes, you need to specify which file, but that takes a grand total of 3 seconds. I don't see a need for a special button to do the same thing.

2) For what purpose? If you are looking for a specific mob you can sort it by name and just go to that name. Large log files rarely have more than a few hundred fights. It seems somewhat unnecessary for a search.

3) For what purpose? I'm actually more inclined to replace existing dps column with "total dps" but I haven't decided.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You are using a Mac with some kind of windows ? I can't possibly test that to find the problem, but I'm going to go ahead and assume that's why. 1.0.5 uses a newer version of the windows .net framework, it is possible that your emulation program does not fully support this or it is not enabled or something.
  8. Branntick Augur

Yeah, I guess I didn't consider that. I feel like I'm missing something that would better wrap all of my thoughts together on this. I feel like the program is just lacking some fluidity, in that there are unnecessary/redundant steps that need to be taken to perform very basic tasks.

I think I've just remembered what the #1 thing I loved about ACT was. Not having to alt-tab out of my client to see the current/last parse, without the need for a clunky DX overlay. Here's a couple of images as an example of what I'm saying.

[IMG]

[IMG]

The information under the spells & discs/player dps/tanking/graphs/healing, etc. tabs are navigated to on a per-person basis through collapsible dropdown menus via the left pane. It updates in real-time (unsure if EQ's logs can support this), and the most recent (or current) combat is displayed in the location of the first screenshot.

Anyways, it's just a pipe dream that ACT will ever be adapted to EQ. I'm just an avid fan of the software, as it has served me well for years over many different games.
  9. Iila Augur

Could gamparse remember the last few log files you've loaded, and give them as expanding menu options for the various load life options?

I figure most people only load logs from a few characters, why not make those easier to access? Lock the default log to the top, and a rolling list of the last 2-4 accessed logs.

[File]
    Load entire log file > eqlog_Illa_xegony.txt
    eqlog_crappyalt_xegony.txt
    eqlog_Illa_beta.txt

And still wtb an export option for Your total healing of others window.

/G Lord Kyle Bayle in 167s, 3328k @19927 | #4 Illa 194k@1160
    /G Lord Kyle Bayle in 167s, 3328k @19927 | #2 Atvar 703k@4207 | #4 Illa 194k@1160 | #7 Sevink 85k@508

From exporting my highlighted line(s) to eq, is there a way to prevent those ranking numbers from being part of the paste? The only bits of others damage I pick up are from dots, so the dps ranking of other players in my fight overview is completely useless.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Brohg Augur

Thank you for #4 :) As a future feature request, I'd like the ability to just look at participants of just one class in a fight (like just wizards), or a subset of classes (like all tanks, or just druids vs enchanters)
  11. Iila Augur

Sort by the class tab? And shift-click to select and export that group?
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I can do that, good idea.

Can do that too.

And? It isn't really different from the fact that all the rest of the information for those players are also incorrect. Ranks only appear in the paste if you highlight them, which I don't know why you would be doing that in the first place if you didn't pick up all of their damage...
  13. Iila Augur

It still shows up if I just export myself, which is my main concern. Since I don't export parses for anyone else.
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Why?
  15. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Thanks for the update Beimeth.
    Obiziana likes this.
  16. Feochadan the Savior Lorekeeper

Thanks for the work. Some problems :
    - The "random" function throws an exception when there is no data to parse.
    - The loot window looks for player names in Lucy.

Request : save the Player DPS window into Excel or anything. This one shows the critical data for theorycrafting, and it's nice to have it directly in a usable format.
  17. Esero Elder

Awesome stuff from first look, Beimeith. Thanks & looking forward to testing it out.
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Both fixed.

I'll see about the other.
  19. Mikestab Elder

Love what you've done so far!

Request: Export to ODBC connection would be awesome!
  20. Recnarp Augur

I haven't updated my parser in a long time, but did they ever fix the issue with parser not picking up pets (specifically beastlords) who changed there name? I remember that if you changed from X's warder to a specific name you would have to always manually combine the owner and their pet.