Super-EZ zones for Heroic Characters

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Qest T. Silverclaw, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

My 6 year old wants to play his heroic characters by himself. He has a tendency to wander away from the computer during combat, get scared and run off aggroing more mobs, AFK underwater, etc.

He can read the XP messages, so the mobs do need to yield XP.

What are the easiest zones/camps with green mobs, or light blue at the most for high-80s heroic characters?

He's an astounding altaholic too, so I can't afford to pay for All Access for his roughly 70 characters, and I can't twink them all much either.

Thanks!
  2. Borek-VS Augur

Katta elementals aren't too bad; light blue, weak, ok exp, mostly static camps if you are careful, although they do include healers. Dragonscale Hills will be mostly green, and the clockworks hit a little hard, but again, animals are weak. For that matter, Wall of Slaughter is green and grey, depending on where you go; the same applies to a lot of the higher PoP zones. That should give you some idea of possible ranges.

I really hope you aren't paying for 70 HCs!
  3. Fendy Augur

You might want to let you 6 year old know that the EULA says he can't play until he turns 13.
    Just because SOE closed their kiddie games doesn't mean their aren't other titles your young'un can play.
    complexication likes this.
  4. Sheaffer Augur

Loping plains would be good. Worgs, gators, orcs, etc...
    Obiziana likes this.
  5. Rubidium New Member

Direwind Cliffs is still light blue at 85 and stuff there hits for a bit lower than in Loping Plains.
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

7. guado Augur

Sounds like World of Warcraft is perfect for him.
  8. Talam New Member

I think it's great that your son is getting into the game. I started all my kids (4) when they were young and EQ was just starting out, and all are now great players. We play multiple games, but always come back to EQ. My youngest daughter also loved to create different looks on her characters. DDO was her favorite as it gave a lot more ability to change looks than EQ.
  9. HotDiggity New Member

My kids fell in love with Gloomingdeep and as soon as a char got too high, they'd start another.

Have you introduced him to the idea of being wealthy? My 8 yr old came out and tracked and killed Highland Lions in NK for awhile. Such a thrill to get 7k in barter for a pelt, plus the occasional several hundred plat for a Fresh Meat ;) Being rich trumped being higher level. There are other items that can be camped for cash in relatively safe zones.
  10. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

I neglected to remove the 15k on one of his heroic characters, so he gleefully buys junk from vendors and then runs to me asking if the Fine Steel Long Sword he just paid a small fortune for is better than what his Heroic Necromancer has currently. Upon finding out that his Necro can't use it, I have to help him mail it to a character who can.

Our admonishions haven't worked, but we figure this is a valuable lesson he's learning inexpensively, so we allow it to continue.
  11. Kolani Augur

One of my guidie's seven year old son is better than some adult players. Also, shame on you for suggesting sending him to WoW, it's actually a lot darker than EQ under the glossy surface.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Fendy Augur

I never mentioned WoW. But I did have an old guildie who would walk away during combat, usually because someone was rotting something he wanted. Kinda bothered whatever group he was in at the time.