Things other players do that make you want to headdesk

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sheaffer, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Sheaffer Augur

Because of all these happened to me tonight. Feel free to add your own

-When the ranger does nothing but shoot arrows
    -When the raid geared tank pulls out a tank merc
    -When a wizard is using his pet spell
    -When the level 100 dps class is still using HOT weapons.
  2. Brohg Augur

-Bard "testing out type3 dot augs" doesn't haste the group for hours. forget other stuff, not even haste
    -Shm/Dru tells the group "we should get a healer"
    -actual anyone 95+ telling the group "we should get a puller"
  3. Fenudir Augur

- People in the raid not assisting the MA.
  4. Tarrin Augur

I say that all the time because I want to pewpew.
    Leerah, Iila and bearforce1 like this.
  5. Brogett Augur

- When anyone just pema-afks on raids, doing the absolute minimum they can get away with. Either turn up and work, or don't.
    - When raid gearred tanks have as much aggro as a small fluffy kitten, with a pink bow.
    - When someone demands a spot in the optimum dps setup group, and then gets beaten by an enchanter on a burn.
    - When people make up data just to prove a point.

These aren't all recent, but semi-regulars.
  6. Eshtoma Lorekeeper

-When you recieve bard/shm epic/Kolo's Fury a minute before the burn mob.
    -When the bard is playing caster songs rather than melee songs in a melee group.
    -When you would rather use a tank merc than a raid geared tank for better aggro control
    -When you recieve buffs after a rez/call before self buffing yourself (More of a pet peeve :p)
  7. Uuvin Augur

Ask for an explanation, wait for me to type 3 paragraphs, say yep I got it, then during event ...do everything wrong.
    Add player to group, ask them if they can get to us, have them say yes, then they somehow die on the way, or zone in and get lost, or have to afk as soon as they arrive ( or before) or in some way prove they really have NFC.
    Link an item in chat that you just got and those people who send tells: is that rotting can I have it?
    Make a group to do a task / mission so you can get an item, but when that item drops the person in group who says oh I want to roll on that.
    Being in a group and having a random item drop for a quest and having everyone roll for it and the person who wins then loots turns to you and ask - what is if for?
    Winning a raid event, announce next event, spend 15 minutes selling loot, then seeing only 2 people ran to the next event location.
    When no one snares a mob (or even attempts to)
    3, 4, 5+ weeks into farming an event, the same 3, 5, 8 people missing emotes or failing repeatedly on any part

I understand physical limitations. I realize that there are also mental limitations. The things that snap my elastic band involve people failing on things they say they can do and pure greed and/or laziness. People proving to me they don't have the mental or physical capabilities I hope for is disappointing, but I cant blame them for a lack of ability or knowledge. I adjust what I except from them and try to teach them. Its lying, deceptive, falsifying, uncaring, irresponsible selfish behaviors that make me have to walk away rather than put a hole in something.
    Tadenea and Elricvonclief like this.
  8. YellowBelly Augur

It's for all of these reasons I now treat this as a single player game. Thank god for boxing and the ability to turn off general channels.
    Mithrandyr likes this.
  9. Mary Poppins Augur

When a dude is playing naked and tells you about it.
  10. Caixaa Elder

When it takes you only 10 minutes to beat a raid but 30 minutes to sort all loot...
    Anglesy, Zentara, Whitecloudx and 2 others like this.
  11. Feochadan the Savior Lorekeeper

When you gain aggro over a tank while being rooted away ... (I'm a rogue).
  12. hakmer Augur

raid geared toons asking to group and then not breaking 10k dps over the course of the group.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  13. Uxtalzon Augur

My biggest gripe are fresh 85 heroic toons asking level 100 players "want to help me level?" As if your previous 85 levels were hard enough. They never improve and just become more reliant on you holding their hand.
    I post while naked on the forums. Thought you should know that. :3
  14. Grelthur Elder

- People who absolutely refuse, under any circumstance, ever to run to the zone instead of wait for the banner.
    - People who beg and beg for a port when they could have simply run to the location in the time they spent begging.
    Leerah, Elricvonclief and RPoo like this.
  15. wingz-83 Augur

-People asking for a group and not being attuned.
    - People not having maps.
    -Feeling like I could crawl to the location faster than some people move...it's been 10 minutes and you're still not at bixie from PoK....are you crawling there?
  16. Tual Augur

Things other players do that make you want to headdesk ...
  17. Perplexed Augur

and that 30 minute (feels like 45) loot sort is mostly alts who never play
    Saave and Whitecloudx like this.
  18. Crystilla Augur

People who put other people down (because they don't know 'things' or aren't good enough of a player)
    People who don't own up to their mistakes
    People who repeatedly screw up emotes
    Leadership who doesn't appropriately deal with people who repeatedly screw up emotes (teach them, quiz them, kick them, whatever will make them not 'repeatedly' screw up emotes again)
    People who whine if they aren't let into raid quick enough
    People who bring drama into guild chat
    People who cheat in this game
    People who are happy to join a fast EXP group but never let others join their groups
  19. wingz-83 Augur

- Having 3+ people lfg (even in your own guild) and they don't even attempt to join together, just keep asking in chat for groups.
  20. code-zero Augur

Raid geared Paladins who insist on having their healer merc out and being the puller and tank
    Obiziana likes this.