Solteris Event #3: Stalwart Defenders

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eshtoma, May 29, 2014.

1. Eshtoma Lorekeeper

Looking to complete this raid but currently stuck on this one. Currently 3 boxing it (sham, zerker, rogue) and looking to see if there is an easier way of balancing all the golems or a class that would be better for this event. Have phase 1 and 2 down with the 2-4 golems, but when the 8 come out it gets a bit hectic. Let me know your thoughts if any of you know a better way to tackle this event. Thanks.
  2. Augok Lorekeeper

necro low level dots I believe is the easiest way to do this. or low level DS and tank has to use non damage weapon otherwise they go out of balance too easily from ripostes.
  3. Iila Augur

Necro pet bomb spells are unlimited target and can't crit. So those are the easiest way of getting controlled damage onto the splits.

Otherwise you're looking at ALEX tanking the adds and doing minor melee dps from the off-hand of a class without decap-like procs, or priest/caster melee.
  4. Tarrin Augur

Kidnap a necro's first born. or second born. or pet. whichever they like most.

This has been the easiest way for me to regularly down Solteris 3
  5. feiddan Augur

Zerker and rogue are both problematic for this event because of decap and assassinate, respectively.

This event is best done slowly. Like Iila said, an ALEX (or other non-weapon primary) in primary and some sort of controlled DPS in the offhand will work for any melee - lower ratio weapons offer more control in exchange for slower kills. Damage shields work well.

If your shaman can tank these, I might do that. Shaman self-heals, plus pet and dots/nukes as necessary.
  6. Orbital101 Augur

War'bard'cleric...using DS songe ans adjusting with cleric DPS...War have back tourner away not to unbalance with riposte..
    Did it once with necro pet that dômes even are damage. Was fairly easy but i dont have a necro bot yet band have no problem
    Do ing it with what i have
  7. Ravengloome Augur

Necro and Paladin can duo this fight.
  8. Eshtoma Lorekeeper

Thanks folks for the help. Will try several of the ideas above. Appreciate it.
  9. Orbital101 Augur

lol just came back home reading this back... I was at work on my phone in betwen a poopoo break lol

Now you all know what I do at work to get more break out of the regular one =p
  10. Torriadore Elder

Necro is a long but much less frustrating kill.

Trying to do this event any other way is one of the most nerve-wracking things in all of eq. They rarely touch old raids, but just make this one winnable if you clear the fail mechanic, PLEASE.
  11. Orbital101 Augur

you just cant speed this up or will learn to regret it... winnable after a fail maybe not but i'm all yes about a reset without having to quit and take a fresh DZ
  12. Oscarmw New Member

I do this event regularly as a monk. The way I do it is to switch out my primary for my ALEX and an old school weapon (I use a solteris H2H) in my secondary. I leave auto attack on and just cycle through my extended target window and take them down a couple of % each.. I don't use any skills what so ever.

When I first done this I tried a lot of different suggestions but none were as simple, effective and reliable as this one.

It's a long event no matter how you do it from what I've seen, but many hours of failure when I first started farming this zone for nice clickies has lead to perfecting it and I can't remember the last time I failed it now.

Slow and steady wins the race!
  13. Kolani Augur

The last few times I did it was with a shadowknight with back to mobs, druid and cleric DS with another player nearby to apply damage as needed to maintain balance.
  14. NotRumzlug Lorekeeper

Does anyone do solteris regularly on Xegony?
  15. Kacman Augur

I am on Bertox and would love an invite from anyone doing these, the next time you go.

In fact, anyone on Bertox, doing any of the raids from PoR to current, I would enjoy invites to learn these events.

I am really having a blast completeing the Hero's Journey. I have learned that raiding is really inventive scripting, from raiding with 2 top guilds through VoA and RoF.

I solo Time and Tacvi on a regular basis for the fun of them.

Please, invite me to your raids and teach me other events
  16. Obiziana Augur

How do you avoid dealing riposte damage?
  17. Iila Augur

Equip a non-damage item in your main hand. The Aged Left Eye of Xygoz, (affectionately called ALEX) is the best option. But things like TS trophies or spoons will work fine.
    Fanra likes this.
  18. feiddan Augur

I always recommend the Tome of Hero's Journey, since everyone has the AA to summon that. It takes up no inventory space, since after you're finished you can just delete it.

ALEX is king, if you're willing to camp it.
    Fanra and Iila like this.
  19. Obiziana Augur

Interesting, some reason I thought that the monk's return kick ability would fire even with a non-damage primary. Thanks for the info!