Fate of Plane of War

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rhayzer TheTrickster, May 27, 2014.

1. Rhayzer TheTrickster Lorekeeper

So, I was wandering through Plane of War today, I noticed that I was the only person in zone. Wasn't this zone only released a few months ago? And now, it is barren. Why would sony push a product like Plane of War and people do not run to it as it is an open zone with many drops? Personally, I do not think it caters to the non-raiders or even casual boxers. Most names require heavy hitters and fast healers. So, the question is, will there be anything done to this zone to make it interesting?
  2. Marshall Maathers Augur

On Cazic Thule it is still very busy. Nobody on server has beat Grandmaster yet, but it is close to dying.
  3. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Server? Time of day?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Filatal Augur

It probably varies from server to server, but I suspect a new zone being released last week is at least part of the reason you see fewer people in War.
    Cicelee and Yinla like this.
  5. Drakang Augur

Plus the pain of clicking over and over for updates even after the improvement drives some away from progression there.
  6. Warpiggs Augur

The progression there is pretty painful. Otherwise its just a zone to kill named for drops.
  7. Torriadore Elder

I almost feel that the Grandmaster needs a 2nd chase loot to entice people into the long slog of the zone's progression. Something equally stunning that will attract non-shield classes into the zone quests. As is the only real reward for them is the one time kill and completion of Hunter.

His other drops are dirt in terms of time investment to reward so no help there.
    Reht and Kreacher like this.
  8. Edrick Augur

We still haven't found out what his other common is, although we aren't farming him or anything. It's not going to be amazing. It's likely a caster weapon since that is still missing from the zone so far.

The fight is just so much fun. I wish there were more group encounters like The Grandmaster. That zone is just so damn rewarding.
  9. Zantor Augur

Well I know on Xegony, was a lot of interest at first, now like Edrick said, is all but empty most of the time now and usually what you will see in there is toons from raiding guilds. As I said in many other posts, is a few simple things that SoE could of done to make this zone way more likeable, people lost interest fast.
  10. Denial_Sinfae Augur

I don't understand why they put 10% Overhaste on The Grandmaster.

If he dropped an item with Ancient Flames it would make more sense to me. Right now, as soon as you complete the progression you can get the aug. What reason is there to kill grand master now? There are other rings.

• 10% OH Came from OoW, 350 HEM loot.
    • 16% OH comes from most commonly now days Tower 1/2 hard mode 900 HEM loot?
    • 16% Also comes from Convorteum 1700ish HEM loot?
    • 16% Also comes from Sepulcher 2600 HEM loot.
    • 16% Also comes from HoF 3200ish HEM loot.
    • 17% comes from a once a year rare random drop attuneable cloak (which means you can later un-attune and trade it again) with 3100 HEM.
    --Now, locked behind a myriad of quests and difficult content you can get 10% from 2800 HEM loot?

Seems off, I have my ACoF for 17%, but I think the people who put in the time to get to this V3 haste should be rewarded on a level parallel to the achievement.
    Reht, Brogett and Fanra like this.
  11. Random_Enchanter Augur

i think most people are waiting and biding there time (read: don't give a) until the rewards from the hunter task is put into place. This reward was rumored to be a 'take your pick' from the drops in the zone. Beyond this take your pick and the shield aug, the only the 1h aug and the circle of ____ 4 items are all that's really useful from the zone.
  12. Brohg Augur

that's a lot of stuff to be really useful from one zone.
  13. Zantor Augur

Useful really to people who are group geared, raiders not so much but for a few augs. But is mainly the raiders who are still going to this zone.
  14. Brohg Augur

A few augs, though, is a few more than most zones offer to raiders, plus those Circle clickies you mentioned above. That's kinda what the reward of raiding is, covering all the rest.
  15. Nylrem Augur

1. Lack of xp for 'casual' people
    2. Miniscule upgrades for raiders, for huge time/pain investment for progression

= dead zone, after the 'newness' has worn off
    Songsa, Reht, guado and 1 other person like this.
  16. Zantor Augur

As I mentioned soon after PoWar was released, that most people wouldn't deem PoWar worth it and guess what I was right. Is a few useful things for raiders in there but not worth it for most to put up with all the BS of that zone to get it. People love Risk vs Reward, just when they deem it to much Risk for the Reward they leave.
  17. CaptAmazing Augur

Yeah and the Pet classes are told we are OP . So if I even want to finish it, I can forget it cause I have a very hard time finding a tank that can and will be able to handle it.

Another zone that sits and gets unused because some people screamed like mad that this is what the game needed for them to be happy and have One zone like this.

So much stuff comes out that gets one and done and in this case none and done, it would be funny if it wasn't chasing away my segment of the population.
  18. Ravengloome Augur

I don't know I have to get a soul of the grandmaster for an alt yet and my cleric soo Ill probably be here grinding away for awhile.
  19. Narknon Augur

Yeah, had tradable soul drop once, but wouldnt mind another. Almost done all the progression, the zone has value because its difficult, which is fun to some people.
  20. Slasher Augur

whoever thought making this zone the difficulty that it is obviously does not play EQ in the last 7 years and is out of touch with the majority of people who actually play this game. Same goes for whoever made the raid. Here is SOEs business model.

1. Make a zone for 1% of your customers
    2. Make a raid no one can beat.
    3. Repeat over and over that the zone and raid are perfectly fine even though majority of our paying customers cannot actually participate in the content or beat it.

This dev team is out of touch with what the players want and that's saying a lot. They either make a raid you can beat blind or they make a raid no one can beat. Hey Devs how about something in the middle ? Is it that hard to figure out ? Put down wow and play the game you actually get paid to develop for a minute.
    Moop, Riou, CaptAmazing and 1 other person like this.