Enchanters - New expansion BP effect/click requests

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Narye, May 24, 2014.

1. Narye Augur

Chandrok has asked for ideas, so, what DO we want, and what DON'T we want for both Focus, and clickie?

Good replies please, with reasonable requests!
  2. Moop New Member

clickies
    - at least 15-20k total short duration mana regen for group
    - decrease mana cost of spells by at least 25% or raise specialty (evo, etc) and increase effective caster level for group
    - group rune that drains your mana (~25% of damage absorbed)
    focus effect
    - increase level of mob you can charm
    - increase duration of charm or minimum length of charm
    - increase duration of PBAE stun or lower recast
  3. Jordis Augur

I agree with the increased levels, etc, but those aren't really clickie/focus.

What about a cripple clickie that was enchanter usable, instead of melee only? It was a rare drop, but infuriating that it wasn't enchanter usable even so.

Longer regeneration on the mana robe clickie effect or even better, a significant melee endurance regen component to that or one of its own. If they're getting a nerf to get them to group more of the pure melee might be more interested in including an enchanter to slow and cripple. We got that Chromatic dd change (nerf) along with the Clerics back in PoP to "encourage" us to group, so give us items that encourage people to group with us now.

What about a clickie for an emergency summoned animation? (One that has more than one weapon).

Clickie stasis or a real fade or an fd effect that can be sustained until aggro drops, rather than dropping while the mob is still standing there looking at you and having to rely on FD potions when stasis drops.

An AoE SLOW and CRIPPLE, no reason that couldn't be a clickie like the PoTime slow clickie.

Mez trap clickie.

An "Arcane Disfunction" type clickie

Add enchanter to the pet earring clickie so we can shrink our pets without having to take up an inventory space for one. One that works on charmed as well as the animation, illusioned or not.

An anti-Jester clickie that makes the Jester follow and focus on the jerk that popped it instead of random people in the lobby.
  4. Random_Enchanter Augur

reasonable requests . . . so I'll leave out everything because anything mentioned will be unreasonable as it will just be nerfed later.

unreasonable requests? class vision what do the dev's want enchanters to become and move use to filling that (them) roles.

semi unreasonable requests? be nice to have an upgraded mana return clickie, one that adds a good 20k mp & endurance total. The IoG extender was very nice and i would love to see it return. The normal better foci effects, prismatic dd, magic dd, mana pres etc.I would very, VERY much like to see a charm level extender (+1 level) foci effect thereby allowing charming up to current level of charm spells, and for the hilarious aspect, put it on the range slot (range extender and all?). Something that allows enchanters to be ADPS for everyone on everything, not just Direct damage and Dots.
    silku likes this.
  5. Filatal Augur

Just FYI, Chandrok is asking for next expansion click/focus for all classes. We, as in enchanters, are getting a new focus in T2 since our current focus turned out to be unworkable ( it may be possible in the future, but currently can't remove the extension block on IoG for just the robe ). He has an idea that I'm not going to mention just yet in case it doesn't work. Some will hate it, some will love it if it happens. C'est la vei. But if you have something burning that you are interested in, now is the time. He gave a month for next expansion ideas, we don't have that long if you want to see it sooner rather than later.
  6. silku Augur

Doesn't really matter to me. I've cancelled one of my accounts, thinking the other two will be soon to follow. I haven't even seen the AA that we are supposed to get for this expansion, why would I care about the next one?
    Sinestra likes this.
  7. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

A couple of things we need are an extremely powerful beneficial-only dispell, and something to empower our DoTs, but I'm pretty sure the DoT improvement should be spell and/or AA-based, and I'm not sure I'd want dispell instead of a more powerful group mana effect, but rather in addition to. The dispell should also be innate to Enchanters, and not limited to those who can obtain a particular robe.

Reasons:

Some classes have the wonderful ability to remove only beneficial effects from mobs, but not Enchanters. Enchanters should obviously be the masters of enchantments, so the Enchanter should be the one dispelling the mob, and not the others.

DoTs should provide more damage over time than nukes due to the negatives associated with DoTs, and these negatives are especially problematic for Enchanters. Due to Chaotic Confounding Gift, nukes are just better damage all around than DoTs. Chaotic Confounding is a stellar spell, and genius mechanic, so rather than nerfing that to bring DoTs into line, a similar system could be implemented for DoTs, or since we are mostly replacing a group mana ability on the robe, what if the robe click were a debuff that caused DoTs to return group mana? This could help us boost DoT classes ala Etherial Manipulation and thus balance our ability to boost other classes more evenly.
    Jordis likes this.
  8. Lily Augur

I'm with Silku. I don't plan to get the next expansion.
    Sinestra likes this.
  9. Ratbo Peep Augur

For Enchanters, CotF T2 came with only one zone - with one HA, one raid, - and yet three proposed nerfs.
    (of which only the Enchanter nerf "stuck" all the way to Live)
    But hey! The nerf was free!
    -R
    Sinestra and Jordis like this.
  10. Dandin Augur

Focus: Improve chance of Gift of Mana Procs for group
    Focus: IoG tick extension

Click -- 20-30k Mana return -- improve chromatic damage incoming
  11. RPoo Augur

Effect: Cerebral Pillage - You invade your target's mind and sap their willpower, lowering their magic resist by 20 and increasing chromatic damage received by 3000. The stolen willpower is channeled to your group, restoring 11000 mana AND endurance per tick.
    [00000] Cerebral InfiltrationTarget: Single
    Range: 300'
    Resist: Disease -200, Max Resist Chance: 95%
    Reflectable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 5m (50 ticks), Dispelable: Yes, Allow Fast Regen: No
    Max Hits: 10 Matching Spells
    Recourse: Cerebral Insight
    1: Increase Spell Damage Taken by 3000
    2: Limit Resist: Lowest (chromatic)
    3: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    7: Increase Poison Counter by 1
    10: Decrease Magic Resist by 20
    Text: Your mind spasms as your willpower is siphoned.

[00000] Cerebral InsightTarget: Caster Group
    Range: 300', AE Range: 300'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 12s (2 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Cast: Form of Mana
    4: Increase Current Endurance by 11000 per tick
    7: Increase Current Mana v2 by 11000 per tick
    Text: Your brain heats up as it gathers stolen insight.

Focus effect: Mind Overburn - Reduces the reuse time of the mindcleave spell line by 50%
    Random_Enchanter likes this.
  12. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

I LOLed.

So, essentially endless group mana and endurance for 5 mins. They recently said there's too much mana floating around. Endurance has been extremely hard to come by until recently. My wife the monk gets around 60/tick including my aura if I'm running it.
    Jordis likes this.
  13. RPoo Augur

Quest, that's the debuff that goes on the mob, not the recourse that goes on the group...
  14. RPoo Augur

BTW it doesn't even last that long unless it takes the chanter(s) five minutes to cast a combined total of ten freaking nukes.
  15. Filatal Augur

Pretty much completely missed it.

I would like the mana return to be meaningful ( ie, more than a partial spell ), but haven't gotten very far on those arguments. Even less so with pointing out the damage ( currently listed at 2000 ) is actually less than 700 since it doesn't stack with Tash.

I am not a huge fan personally of haste on a single nuke, Since we are talking about our big nuke, we still have to wait 9 seconds on recast, and over time it adds up to so very little. 50% would be better than the last iteration, but all in all, you have to be chain casting for a very long time before it adds up to anything at all.
  16. RPoo Augur

reuse timer is different than the time it takes to cast the spell. if you take half of the reuse timer off, it brings it to the same refresh as phantasmal assault.
  17. Filatal Augur

I misread that, that would actually be useful.
  18. Apocalyps Elder

I think they need to give enchanters a unity buff like most other classes get since we have to cast 3 to 4 buffs outside of runing tanks
    As for worn effect perhaps instead of extending IoG perhaps decrease reuse time of IoG by 2 mins for group version and 4 mins for raid version as for the click i would like to see perhaps a group gift of mana with 10 to 15 counters or a 30 to 40 sec perma gift of mana 10 min cooldown
    Jordis and RPoo like this.
  19. RPoo Augur

Thanks for your input, Zantarr, it was very constructive.
    Jordis likes this.
  20. Vizier Augur

BP Clicky-

Group version of our twincast gift from chaotic mez with a twist - works on nukes AND heals. So the group gets two twin spells, they can use them on either nukes or heals of 1 of each.