Maintenance Notice: Friday, May 23 at 6:00AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 22, 2014.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

[IMG]

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Friday, May 23, 2014 at 6:00AM PDT*. The servers are estimated to be unavailable for approximately two hours.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest forums for status updates and news if additional downtime is needed.

*Time Zone Converter
  2. Ratbo Peep Augur

Is this to set up the (now confirmed!) DBl exp Holiday weekend??? :D
    -R
    Don't blame me - Official Announcement not up yet. :;
  3. Ratbo Peep Augur

Well, not up *here* yet - it is up in Veterans Lounge. :)
    -R
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Summer Kick-off With Double XP and Marketplace Sales!

And the answer is no. They don't need to take down servers to do double xp. They just flip a (virtual) switch to do double xp.
    Leerah and kingDon like this.
  5. Ayoheee Augur

Is there a game update associated with this downtime?
  6. RS78 Lorekeeper

Should flip the switch to double exp when the servers come back up IMO ;)
    Delphwind likes this.
  7. Delphwind Augur

Boy that sure would be an upstanding and generous thing to do! :D
  8. RS78 Lorekeeper

Not like it would be a huge increase, only an hour if servers are up at estimated time, but an hour is an hour. =)
  9. Petts Elder

Y'all suck ... every time I get a day off, you have patches or server maintenance ... why the hell didn't you do the maintenance on Wednesday after the patch ... one day down .. not two.
  10. Sebbina Augur

Wow, I love them, I get 2 hours to stock enough pie and ice cream to make it through the weekend, life is good for Halflings.
    Nightmares and Geroblue like this.
  11. Izizizy New Member

Fingers crossed they are going to sort out the lag issues in Tower of Rot, especially the raid instance!
    Yinla and Fenthen like this.
  12. Dark_Elf New Member

I wish they would have saved this patch till the end of the holiday weekend. The bazaar will be crippled all weekend during the holiday making it harder to buy/find anything to play chars you want to level up.
    Petts likes this.
  13. Ratbo Peep Augur

That big green smiley face wasn't a big enough clue? :D
    At the time I posted that - no double experience had been announced (yet). My adding the "(now confirmed)" in brackets kinda skewed the intent of my post though. Then I ran outta edit time.
    -R
  14. Feradach Augur

No patch notes for this one?
    Fenthen likes this.
  15. Smallpox Augur

Hope they fix the Tower of Rot(ten lag)
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. Questoften32 Augur

I understand it cant be helped but the only thing that bothers me about down time is the bazaar is always empty afterwards.

Even a downtime of 45 min effectivly shuts down the norathian econemy for hours, maybe 24 of them for the market to completly rebound.

Except for gen chat, and those people only sell level 85 to 100 stuff for insane amounts, like millions of plat, and of course I have zero intrest in that as it dose not apply to me on multiple levels.

Firstly, even if any of my character were that high a level, asking 16 million plat for a armor set, would be like asking the avrage person irl for a trillion, gazelion, billion, million bucks for a suit of clothing...or if overstating it a bit, at least it would be like asking for the national income of a small nation.
  17. Derfael Journeyman

By the time stamps it was up before you posted. Roshen, Yesterday at 7:07 PM for the double exp announcement, and Roshen, Yesterday at 10:16 PM is when this thread was started. Ratbo Peep, Yesterday at 10:28 PM for your first post on this thread. Also, at the time I read the post of announcing the Summer kickoff this thread was not up yet.
  18. Fenthen aka Rath

I love the 9 hour schedule warning. ;)
  19. Ratbo Peep Augur

It's obvious by the text of my post that i had not seen it (Summer Kickoff) yet and even later thought the only reference (so far) was in the Veterans lounge. I'm not sure why I hadn't seen it, considering I had bounced back and forth to the V.L. ?
    I was trying to make a joke to prod them into dbl exp.
    Of course having to explain the joke kinda ruins the joke.,

-R
  20. Ratbo Peep Augur

OK -it's really ODD that I was seeing the downtime notice, but not the Summer kickoff notice at the time I posted this. (sigh)
    -R