Best Joke, Funniest Bug, or Practical Joke You Had in Game?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gnomereaper, May 13, 2014.

1. Joyeuxx Lorekeeper

The whole "Page 8" aka "F... you Sanornik" thread from many many years ago. It began ingame with someone stealing Velious armor and Ld'ing, which transferred to Brellrants and .. well, in case people havent read it, I dont want to spoil the "surprise" on page 8. Makes me laugh so hard I cry everytime I read it.
  2. Gnomereaper Augur

On a dragon raid during TSS, I used my Atone stick on the dragon. 5 wizards, 2 druids, were dead. The warrior was freaking out why he lost aggro thinking they had made some mem blur effect. There was a bit of conversation on "what happened when he reached 5%." Then I had linked the stick. Being bad never felt so good. Although, it did show the superiority of necromancers that day when it came to deaggro ability!
    SaderakhBertox likes this.
  3. Sarkaukar Augur

Before there as a bazaar, on Povar the primary auction was Kelethin, where almost everyone gathered to auction/buy things. Of course there were always the beggers :)

Had a newish, low-level beggar asking for donations in coin/items and I sent a tell to him to inform him he was doing it wrong. Asked him if he had done a few of the low level quests and such, and how the NPC responded to specific words or you could do certain actions with the /command line. He replied, yeah they do... I informed him it can also work with PCs, example, target me then type in /d for donation and a window may pop up...well.....lvl 55 vs lvl 5 beggar toon is no contest...

He shouted, "why are you hitting me, you are killing me!!". I said "Dang it, ohh, /d is for duel.. the characters fight automatically and I cant stop it....now what is the command for donations?"
  4. Phurbal_TN New Member

Using Neb's Warbone to turn every raid boss possible into a skeleton.

On raids where someone might be charmed, breaking off the boss to kill the charmed person. When they ask why I attacked them I would say "Hey you attacked me first."

After killing CT in Plane of Time, telling the new people to click the blue light in his area for a flag.
  5. A-Quad Augur

The day before UF went live, I was in The Hole waiting for Jaeil the Wretched to spawn for my 1.0 Epic (had recently returned after a several-year hiatus). To keep myself busy, and the area clear for when Jaeil might pop, I was moloing trash in the vicinity. I don't recall how long I was there before I eventually realized that I was getting a huge # of AAs per kill. In the beginning, I believe it was like 8 per kill... and as I kept going (yep, baaaad ranger!), it tapered off to like 3-5 per.

At first, I wasn't thinking 'bug'. I had minimal AAs as it was... and wasn't fully up to speed as far as how quickly AA exp was meant to be gained. I sent a tell to a buddy... "hey - quick question.. how many AA per kill is normal for blue-con mobs?" His response was something like "uh, you're talking fractions-of-an-AA per kill bud - like 1 AA every X # mobs". To which I responded, telling him of my experience. He was dumbstruck and said that was plain wrong... but it didn't take long at all before he showed up. Yes, we've already established this: naughty ranger. But I figured what the hell... I was playing the game as it was presented to me!!1 (he justified, with an enthusiastic nod.)

I didn't go too overboard.... after about 700 AA (and an hour or so of giddy lols back and forth), Jaeil finally spawned - I did my thing, and left the Hole to complete the quest.

Talk about an 'epic' night, right?! Well... that was the "bug" portion of my story. Now for the "practical joke" (which was on me)...

The next day, I found that I was rolled back. As you might have guessed, the mobs in the Hole were erroneously coded with UF-like experience. I was completely fine with losing all those ill-earned AAs... but omg, my epic blades! Th- they're gone!! Of course, I petitioned... and posted a thread.... but it wasn't over-turned and I was out my epics. Rightfully so, I guess /grumble

After spending another couple of hours re-doing the last leg of the quest and regaining my epics, I got a red-text message (from an unidentified GM) to the effect of "feels good to earn them legit, huh? ; )"

Good times for sure!
  6. Taiqwon Augur

Ruven got me once really good. We're raiding Meldrath's Mansion and I used to eye of zomm around on my necro a lot. We were prepping for a named fight.

If you've used elder beads, you know that there's usually a delay and then your view shifts a bit and you know the eye is active, then you eyeball around.

I cast an eye once and apparently the view shifted at the exact same time as Ruven killed the eye. I didn't notice so I go waltzing along into the room with the named and get pasted. I'm dead, looking down at my own corpse going WTF just happened. I look back through the chat window and see "Eye of Morrbidd has been slain by Ruven!" He was laughing his butt off at me!

From that point forward I made using FD before eyballing a habit!
  7. Ruven_BB Augur

You know you get extra points killing a FD class!

Eyes and charmed players are fair game!
  8. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

When the guild I was in at the time was raiding MMM, our rogue corps at the time (about 8 of us) decided to all use the clockwork illusion during the time that the adds would pop. So we all illusioned up, SoS'd, and waited til the adds popped, then attacked.

I would have loved to have seen the looks on our enchanters faces when, with ALL those mobs popping that normally come, suddenly 8 more clockworks were there, and seemed to be unmezzable. After that, our raid leaders banned the use of illusions of anything that spawned in the current zone on raids.
  9. Ruven_BB Augur

Raid leaders can be such fun suckers at times!
  10. Taiqwon Augur

I was laughing a lot when it happened too, it was a great one! I too enjoy attacking charmed players. Remember the charm zun in Tacvi? I killed so many people on that mob but had to stop when Rylak kept getting pissed dealing with folks whining about it.
  11. Ruven_BB Augur

LOL,

I would get tells from Bulbous every time not to kill anyone except Toras, he was fair game.
  12. Dandin Augur

I had a group of annoying players follow me and my group in House of Thule. I told my group to run off ahead.

I mezzed the room of statues. Charmed each one individually and have them see invisible. Dropped agro and waited

They walked right into my trap.

Needless to say. They left us alone after that =D
    RPoo likes this.
  13. JERUS Augur

Few things come to mind.

My Favorite bug was the robe glitch. Which had more uses than most realized. If you took off your pants as well and went into barbarian form, you could have hotpants as it'd strip your kilt. So running around as a mustached Barbarian with nothing but hotpants on was tons of fun.

Pranks, probably 2 come to mind, but all on one night.

First, I started the raid by building a new push to talk key to whisper one of the encs in my guild (friend of mine, but I enjoyed messing with them too much). I proceeded to play the Duke Nukem soundboard to them for quite a while. I had tossed them on ignore for some reason that I can't remember, but basically I guess they finally started complaining in guild chat. And that's right when I got to the "don't get your panties in a bunch" button, the couple friends I had on the whisper key as well (to share in the fun) just started busting up laughing from the perfect timing of it. I laughed my off, the enc ragequit for a good 15 mins. It was funny. Me and that enc got into it a lot, but still one of my favorite people from EQ ever so it was all good.

Later in the raid, TSS at the time. We were doing Ashengate West IIRC, the one where you fight the guy on the pedistal with lava all around. Well I whipped out the best ability in the game. Group Shadowstep! And I just threw it in my rotation. Lots of raging in the group, but one guy was a terrible ninja afker and apparently was AFK at that time because first teleport... poof dead wizard, never even tried to move out of the lava. a minute later "WTF Jerus!" and after the whole group responds with a good LOL he rage quit.

So I caused 2 ragequits that night, lots of laughs that night.
  14. Filatal Augur

A bit evil, but back in the day there was a little known bug that I used to punish people that rolled on loot, won and immediately dropped group. Basically, if they asked for an invis or cast invis to run out of a dungeon right after winning loot, I would hit one of my Color stuns. The bug was that anyone hit with an AE immediately became visible ( whether in group or not ) but the Invis icon stayed in the buff window. Soon after, I would usually see in /ooc "Train to zone".
    RPoo likes this.
  15. TheQxx Augur

Planting the guild banner in the Solteris lava beams.
    Iila and Obiziana like this.
  16. Savager Augur

Telling apps the wall behind Chief Mechanic Clankwrench in Steam Factory raid was the way to zone out and to click it, then watching them walk up to it, click it and instantly die.
    Iila likes this.
  17. Iila Augur

Clankwrench is the raid I've used for pure powersource flagging with newbs and friends.

"Go click the wall to make sure you get the flag for completing the raid."
    RPoo and Ratbo Peep like this.
  18. Ratbo Peep Augur

I've done the same thing - BUT - I just snared them and then admonished them to "get some clues".
    I also sent them away with 500 PP - and a stern warning.
    -W
  19. Vlerg Augur

One of my friend was a well known slow zoner.

One day, he kept buggering me for a duel ( me being a wizzy on PvE server... so 99,9% resist on everything, and him being a cleric... so he won't ever die).

I ended up teleporting both of us accross the globe till he LD'd.
  20. Khoza Augur

On a vaguely related note, that makes me think of the numerous times I've ticked people off with the fake loot trick.

/em has looted [item link].--

Ancient Cloak of Flames was a fun one. But the first time I did it, was in PoValor, we had an exp group up top, which included 2 wizards. (Myself one of them.) I was looting. Just for the heck of it, I linked my epic... and proceeded to use the looted emote. Other wizard chewed me out for several minutes for not rolling first, I had to spam the emote a couple times before he believed me that it hadn't really dropped.

Being the puller in a Wall of Slaughter group was always fun. Get a nice steady pull pattern, toss in a few successful name kills, then say, cool, another named!

/g INC Shadowhunter

Most of the time he wasn't even up when I did it, but I had reactions from 'NO NO NO NO NO' to people running or evacing as soon as I said it.
    Elricvonclief likes this.