Enchanter and Wizard changes coming.

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Sinestra, May 9, 2014.

1. Ratbo Peep Augur

It gets worse. The list came out and asks for feedback from the Test Server in every area.
    Except that the Enchanter nerf was totally absent from the list.
    I also agree that they are trying to re-tune Enchanters to react to the anomalies presented in one zone - the new PoWar.
    -Rat
    Sinestra likes this.
  2. Sinestra Augur

I'm predicting they'll hide and refuse to address it at all until after it is done and been accepted for a year or so like they did with the stun changes.
  3. Reht The Dude abides...

Oh another interesting change to wizard in the 5/16/14 test server patch notes:

- Wizard - Arcane Fusion's crit chance has been reduced due to the spell landing for critical damage more than intended.

The claw change really didn't bother me all that much, this one really kind of pisses me off.
  4. sojero One hit wonder

they just put out the 5/21 patch notes that have what reht put in and it addresses the changes to chanter runes.
  5. EverChanter Augur

Yea no ....You haven't been around the chanter class much in the last 10 years or so Sojero....even a hint of a chanter nerf and its going live regardless of what people say (or don't post in this instance). It's just rather insulting that they would come to other classes to "talk it out" while they were basically "hey you an enchanter? GO YOUSELF" we're changing this for the second patch in a row.
  6. sojero One hit wonder

Actually yes I am around a couple really good chanters, and not a one of them see an issue with this change or many of the ones that have happened because they understood that it made them to powerful in certain situations and it does effect their normal gameplay. They also are intelligent enough to understand that it wasn't healthy for the game moving forward and balance. I have asked them just like my melee friends about the rest change coming, and every chanter I asked had no complaints. The dev team probably doesn't address the change because there really isn't much to address. They need to make the change for obvious reasons. Thanks and don't reply to me as I don't care, because the change doesn't effect me or any of my friends gameplay. I was simply stating it so that the enchanters would know in case it got buried and not noticed.
  7. Sinestra Augur

This change to runes really only became a problem with one zone. A gimmick zone of which there is one. There were other ways to avoid the problem they mostly created themselves with this gimmick zone. As usual, they chose to go the way that would bother players more than a better less upsetting way because it was easy. It's the norm for our "devs".
    EverChanter likes this.
  8. EverChanter Augur

I'll reply if I want...and I did, see?

Anyways, it's not that we think it's an unfair change (really, Enchanters tanking one set of mobs in one zone is laughable) it's that over the course of playing 14 years our class has been the most "nerfed" in the game. Of ALL those changes, only once has the development team tried to work with us on the issue (the changes to Mental Contortion) while every time another class needs *fixed* there's typically a discussion brought to them (these changes for Melee; Changes to Claw; Changes to Necros). Your assuming Enchanters are upset about the actual change (2 in the last 2 patches were rune changes, which Enchanters didn't ask for in the first place!) when in reality we're pissed because throughout the life of this game, we're basically shunned while every other damn class gets an open forum the minute they change one ability or one spell. Your "intelligent" Enchanters would understand this, unless they've only been playing a year (and even then, this is the 3rd to 4th change to our class in that time).

Thanks and you can reply back to me, as I DO care about changes that affect the game, to which all of these going into test now are stupid.
    silku, Jordis and Lily like this.
  9. Jordis Augur

I noticed on the raids tonight that I was having damage absorbed by runes but...3 out of 4 times that the mob hit me, he MISSED because I dodged, etc.. I double checked some partial logs that included some fights with PoWar mobs, including a partial on Judicator and it seems to hold true. While I was spam casting the runes on Judicator, he was still missing me 60-70% of the time, as were some of the mobs that I survived aggro from on raids this evening. It was the times that he was missing that appear to have allowed me to recast before being hit again. However, on the raid mobs, and some of the other mobs in various current zones took out the runes in two or three hits, with barely an opportunity to recast runes before a heal hit. It makes sense because this time I finished off all the General AA at the last before capping out which was when my survivability went up. I had attributed it to better gear.

If we're "over-powered and tanking" then that "over-power" appears to come from having all the General Combat, Planar, and Innate defensive AA. That could be why those who didn't see any problem with the changes, giving the reason as "play style" aren't seeing the cast of runes as being so essential. It would also suggest that we need the added survivability and current recast time and absorption rate for current content, let alone future content.
  10. Jordis Augur

11. Jordis Augur

So what are the changes?
  12. Random_Enchanter Augur

Short verson?
    All runes that aoe stun when worn off get
    ~10% mana increase,
    ~10% damage absorbtion decrease

All untity (dual) rune spells also get
    Cast time to 1/2 second
    Recast time to 12 seconds
    Hate reduction mod of 5000

What this means?
    No more effective rune tanking (due to recast, mobs will have to hit for 1/12th a second of what rune can support (with phantasmal untity this is ~6k a swing. Theroeticaly we could devote another spell slot and have both as mastermind still has the 1.5 sec recast)
    No more snap agro and agro holding (due to hate mod)
    Higher mana cost rune spells that do less than before

Long verson (shameless ripped from EQresource's spell updates for test)

Polyspectral Rune:
    - Mana Cost changed from '1758' to '1951'
    - Slot 1 changed from 'Absorbs 100% of all damage until 18347 damage has been absorbed' to 'Absorbs 100% of all damage until 17815 damage has been absorbed'
    - Description changed from 'Places a multi-colored, shifting pattern of runes around you that absorbs 18347 points of incoming damage. Once that damage is absorbed the runes explode, causing nearby opponents to be stunned.' to 'Places a multi-colored, shifting pattern of runes around you that absorbs 17815 points of incoming damage. Once that damage is absorbed the runes explode, causing nearby opponents to be stunned.'

Polyspectral Rune Rk. II:
    - Mana Cost changed from '2004' to '2029'
    - Slot 1 changed from 'Absorbs 100% of all damage until 19723 damage has been absorbed' to 'Absorbs 100% of all damage until 19151 damage has been absorbed'
    - Description changed from 'Places a multi-colored, shifting pattern of runes around you that absorbs 19723 points of incoming damage. Once that damage is absorbed the runes explode, causing nearby opponents to be stunned.' to 'Places a multi-colored, shifting pattern of runes around you that absorbs 19151 points of incoming damage. Once that damage is absorbed the runes explode, causing nearby opponents to be stunned.'

Polyspectral Rune Rk. III:
    - Mana Cost changed from '2137' to '2110'
    - Slot 1 changed from 'Absorbs 100% of all damage until 21202 damage has been absorbed' to 'Absorbs 100% of all damage until 20587 damage has been absorbed'
    - Description changed from 'Places a multi-colored, shifting pattern of runes around you that absorbs 21202 points of incoming damage. Once that damage is absorbed the runes explode, causing nearby opponents to be stunned.' to 'Places a multi-colored, shifting pattern of runes around you that absorbs 20587 points of incoming damage. Once that damage is absorbed the runes explode, causing nearby opponents to be stunned.'

Spectral Unity:
    - Mana Cost changed from '2656' to '2993'
    - Casting Time changed from '3' to '0.5'
    - Recast Time changed from '1.5' to '12'
    - Hate Override changed from '0' to '5000'

Spectral Unity Rk. II:
    - Mana Cost changed from '3028' to '3113'

Spectral Unity Rk. III:
    - Mana Cost changed from '3228' to '3237'

Polyarcanic Rune:
    - Mana Cost changed from '2081' to '2216'
    - Slot 1 changed from 'Absorbs 100% of all damage until 36573 damage has been absorbed' to 'Absorbs 100% of all damage until 34483 damage has been absorbed'
    - Description changed from 'Places a multi-colored, shifting pattern of runes around you that absorbs 36573 points of incoming damage. Once that damage is absorbed the runes explode, causing nearby opponents to be stunned.' to 'Places a multi-colored, shifting pattern of runes around you that absorbs 34483 points of incoming damage. Once that damage is absorbed the runes explode, causing nearby opponents to be stunned.'

Polyarcanic Rune Rk. II:
    - Mana Cost changed from '2164' to '2305'
    - Slot 1 changed from 'Absorbs 100% of all damage until 39316 damage has been absorbed' to 'Absorbs 100% of all damage until 37069 damage has been absorbed'
    - Description changed from 'Places a multi-colored, shifting pattern of runes around you that absorbs 39316 points of incoming damage. Once that damage is absorbed the runes explode, causing nearby opponents to be stunned.' to 'Places a multi-colored, shifting pattern of runes around you that absorbs 37069 points of incoming damage. Once that damage is absorbed the runes explode, causing nearby opponents to be stunned.'

Polyarcanic Rune Rk. III:
    - Mana Cost changed from '2251' to '2397'
    - Slot 1 changed from 'Absorbs 100% of all damage until 42265 damage has been absorbed' to 'Absorbs 100% of all damage until 39849 damage has been absorbed'
    - Description changed from 'Places a multi-colored, shifting pattern of runes around you that absorbs 42265 points of incoming damage. Once that damage is absorbed the runes explode, causing nearby opponents to be stunned.' to 'Places a multi-colored, shifting pattern of runes around you that absorbs 39849 points of incoming damage. Once that damage is absorbed the runes explode, causing nearby opponents to be stunned.'

Arcane Unity:
    - Mana Cost changed from '3120' to '3399'

Arcane Unity Rk. II:
    - Mana Cost changed from '3245' to '3535'

Arcane Unity Rk. III:
    - Mana Cost changed from '3375' to '3676'

Polyiridescent Rune:
    - Mana Cost changed from '2258' to '2517'
    - Slot 1 changed from 'Absorbs 100% of all damage until 72907 damage has been absorbed' to 'Absorbs 100% of all damage until 66747 damage has been absorbed'
    - Description changed from 'Places a multi-colored, shifting pattern of runes around you that absorbs 72907 points of incoming damage. Once that damage is absorbed the runes explode, causing nearby opponents to be stunned.' to 'Places a multi-colored, shifting pattern of runes around you that absorbs 66747 points of incoming damage. Once that damage is absorbed the runes explode, causing nearby opponents to be stunned.'

Polyiridescent Rune Rk. II:
    - Mana Cost changed from '2348' to '2618'
    - Slot 1 changed from 'Absorbs 100% of all damage until 78375 damage has been absorbed' to 'Absorbs 100% of all damage until 71753 damage has been absorbed'
    - Description changed from 'Places a multi-colored, shifting pattern of runes around you that absorbs 78375 points of incoming damage. Once that damage is absorbed the runes explode, causing nearby opponents to be stunned.' to 'Places a multi-colored, shifting pattern of runes around you that absorbs 71753 points of incoming damage. Once that damage is absorbed the runes explode, causing nearby opponents to be stunned.'

Polyiridescent Rune Rk. III:
    - Mana Cost changed from '2442' to '2723'
    - Slot 1 changed from 'Absorbs 100% of all damage until 84253 damage has been absorbed' to 'Absorbs 100% of all damage until 77134 damage has been absorbed'
    - Description changed from 'Places a multi-colored, shifting pattern of runes around you that absorbs 84253 points of incoming damage. Once that damage is absorbed the runes explode, causing nearby opponents to be stunned.' to 'Places a multi-colored, shifting pattern of runes around you that absorbs 77134 points of incoming damage. Once that damage is absorbed the runes explode, causing nearby opponents to be stunned.'

Phantasmal Unity:
    - Mana Cost changed from '3385' to '3860'

Phantasmal Unity Rk. II:
    - Mana Cost changed from '3521' to '4015'

Phantasmal Unity Rk. III:
    - Mana Cost changed from '3662' to '4176'
  13. silku Augur

The recast time is what bothers me. Why if we can't hold aggro with it, would we need to have the recast nerfed too? why a 12 second recast after it's been in the game for ages?
    Sinestra likes this.
  14. Vizier Augur

@Jehmal- If you send a pet on the mob (charmed or shiny bob) you can aggro lock yourself and build up hate a number of ways while you cast runes to survive. It was an exploit.

I think the rune tweaks address the problem elegantly. They have stopped the obvious exploit in PoWar and prevented further problems in the future, without removing the ability to chain rune.
  15. silku Augur

But they HAVE removed the ability to chain rune. Right now I can cast 6 runes for 970kish absorption in 12 seconds. After that nerf we will be able to cast 1 rune for 155666 absorption in 12 seconds. Now does it need nerf? Probably. Is it being overnerfed? Yes.
  16. Vizier Augur

Just use the regular poly runes. The recast hasnt been changed on those. Chain runes still exist, they just aren't letting us stay unkillable while doing it. We never should have been doing that crap in the first place imo.

Hell, do not be surprised if they come back and nerf the poly runes recast later as well. I suspect you can still accomplish the same exploit with the poly rune alone IF you have maxed out defensive AAs and Staff Block etc.

We shouldn't be able to do the things that chain casting runes allow us to do. I agree with these changes. If nothing else this opens up room for them to give us other things. Make lemonade.
    sojero likes this.
  17. silku Augur

Yeah, because Everquest has a long history of giving Enchanters things to make up for their nerfs?
    Sinestra, Lily and Marton like this.
  18. Vizier Augur

Actually it does if you stop and think about it. They might not be the things you wanted when you first made your chanter, but yes, I would say they do have a solid track record here.
  19. Nenton Augur

What have Enchanters gotten back for Lurch being nerfed? Still waiting on the ae pull AA bards got which works on >lvl 100 mobs which Elidroth said yes to for Enchanters a while ago.

What have Enchanters gotten back for stuns being nerfed?

Most of what Enchanters have gotten recently has just been to catch them up with bards to provide support to casters, which was great for the class but didn't address the things being taken away (mostly effecting the group game).

The only thing they gave back was pbae mez but nerfing the original line before having the perilous line ready to go just resulted in people quitting. When your playerbase is shrinking all the time you really shouldn't be actively seeking out ways to anger more people.

Nerfing the way enchanter self runes have worked since PoP is simply absurd.
    silku likes this.
  20. Dandin Augur

Looks like Vizier is drinking the koolaid again.

I brought this up in serverwide.enchanter. I said; hey guys FYI runes are being nerfed in beta. I was met with a bunch of meh, no big deal. I don't care blah blah blah.

Then the gears started ticking. Now everyone is losing it over one change that I have you plenty of notice on to discuss and think

This is the thread I referred to.

I told you so. Maybe next time. You'll listen
    Sinestra likes this.