Unable to Start Everquest

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dane, May 13, 2014.

1. crieger Journeyman

Disconnect issue should be resolved.
  2. Gannag New Member

you have gotten better at being disconnected <46>
    complexication likes this.
  3. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

I didn't have the problem earlier. Windows just crashed while doing a raid and so it repatched when I rebooted and tried to log in. Now I have the disconnect at character select.

Windows 8 - 64bit (using onboard intel 4000 graphics - laptop i5 3210M processor)
  4. Nickster86 Elder

I'm in now. Idk what changed but I will take it.
  5. Zurd Lorekeeper

getting the disconnected when it appears it's going to load my character selection screen as well. tried most of the fixes above and still getting the same disconnected message.
  6. Smackmo New Member

Similar issue, getting the "Connection to the server could not be reached" when I click the ok button nothing happens for a good 60 seconds then it will flash off and back to the login screen, which again after re-entering my password same thing happens, Have two other machines, all 3 running Win 7 64 bit, only one of the computers is getting this error, other two machines took the patch and went straight into the game
  7. goladith New Member

Yeah, I can get the game to launch now, but like everyone else, I get to server select, select my server, and after it loads, I get "you've been disconnected". So... yeah... once again, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.
  8. EvilMangos New Member

So all of a sudden getting disconnected right before server select and happening on both comps - Win 8 and Win 7. Any actual solutions?
  9. crieger Journeyman

Since my post quickly got buried, please try to login again. The disconnect issue should be resolved now.

The servers took a bit longer to sync the latest executable.
  10. Nickster86 Elder

Silly me I made it to toon select and you pulled my server down. And rumors of all these upcoming nerfs. Sony your dropping the ball huge
  11. goladith New Member

Still getting disconnected.
  12. Elizabeta Augur

Half the severs seem to be "Down".
  13. crieger Journeyman

I take it back, some servers are actually down but it appears to be unrelated to this update. Investigating...
  14. sula Augur

kk so i validated the files, only to find that most of the servers are down lol. so i tried the povar server and got "an unknown error occurred while trying to join the server." and the same on each of the other servers i tried. so i guess they are taking down all of it to try to fix it- or else there is more broken than we know.
  15. Jezzie Augur

I logged in fine, ran around for while no problem. Thought I'd try the "spider queen" scenario on LoN, so I started it up, switched to full screen to play and about 2 minutes later eq crashed. Now I get to server select, can't get to character select.
    Trying to find a way to switch back to windowed mode to see if that's it, but I can't log in to use the options. Looking on launchpad I can't see anything to toggle full screen off. I don't know enough to go digging through the eq folders to do it. Any ideas/help?
    sula likes this.
  16. Nickster86 Elder

Now I can't even get to the log in screen i get " unable to connect to the server"
  17. lefous Elder

server donw in midle of mission lol
  18. mtgdragon Lorekeeper

same as above. right in middle of raid. windows 7 as well
  19. GoneFission Augur

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.
  20. DedosMM New Member

lol @ the snowball affect. Try to fix one issue, create 3 more. Still getting a disconnect heading into character select, but seeing the current server status, I'm going to guess there are bigger issues across the board now.