Unable to Start Everquest

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dane, May 13, 2014.

1. crieger Journeyman

We're pushing out an update now that should remove the dependency on the vcredist installs. It will be client-only, no server downtime. Will update here when it's available.
    sula likes this.
  2. Tatiyanna Gridh New Member

I tried that. I also tried one of the recommended for Win 7 from your other post. Neither worked for me, even after restarting.

... ... however !!!

After doing the various updating as suggested and restarting, only to fail, I tried one more thing, what I shall dub the "oh, well, duh!" solution. I right-clicked on the short cut icon (or if you're running direct from the application, right click there) and selected "run as administrator".

and guess what.

You will never believe this.

It worked. It really worked! So, if you haven't tried it yet, try it. It might still require a C++ redist, idk. I didn't try it prior to. It was kind of my last ditch "if I'm going to convince my husband to play Landmark with me instead of EQ then I need at least show him I tried everything" effort. :D

By the way, thank you guys for helping to find workarounds on this issue. I hope ya'll find out what happened and get it fixed for anyone that the workarounds don't work for.

Also, ya'll dev-ie people (and players too, what the heck) in so-cal right now with the fires. Please stay safe.
    crieger likes this.
  3. sula Augur

there is a story circulating and i want to correct it. People are saying that only folks with foxfire and mozilla are having problems and that foxfire is the problem here. That is wrong and it is a mistake to believe it. I have foxfire and mozilla-- waterfox is the only browser i use because it is a 64 bit build on the foxfire system. I like foxfire because it is a safer browser. I am having no problems getting on at all. My brother- in law who swears by ie is the one having problems. when ie had the security breech i put waterfox on his machine and now my sister thinks she can fix it by taking this off thanks to the misinformation out there. don't be misled by people who think they know but actually don't
  4. sula Augur

i ran it from the folder and still got the message. in fact, i have tried everything i know to do including repairing all of the visual basics
  5. sula Augur

did that repeatedly. nope- don't work for everyone
  6. Elizabeta Augur

I'm glad it worked for you.
    Sadly, this does not help people using XP.

Firefox? From my group with 5 computers (win 7 x 2, vista, XP x 2), all folks run Firefox. Four of us had no problems, the fifth is one of the two with XP and has tried all the above attempts without success. He is hoping the new patch will fix the issue.
    sula likes this.
  7. Karpan New Member

The latest push fixed it for me.
    crieger likes this.
  8. Robb New Member

windows 7 64bit as of 9:02pm cst 5/14/14 still getting runtime error R6030 CRT not initialized
  9. crieger Journeyman

New client patch is out. Those still having issues, please try again and reply here when possible.
  10. Robb New Member

sister never said she could fix it, said it was worth the try
  11. DedosMM New Member

Made it to server select, but when I tell it to connect, just as it should go to character select, it says I have been disconnected and sends me back to server select.
  12. crieger Journeyman

Looking into this.
    sula likes this.
  13. Tarrin Augur

I am getting the disconnect issue as well.

Server select, then tell it to connect to my server (Povar).
    It changes to the load in screen, you see the bar progress. When the blue bar gets to 100%, I get the "you have been disconnected" message and returned back to server select.
  14. Nickster86 Elder

I am getting disconnected as well when after the server select. It boots me right as it is about to go to toon select. This is not how I wanted to spend my night off.
  15. Georgeo Journeyman

same problem here, gets disconnected as soon as it finishes loading
  16. Pukkun New Member

Also getting DC'd on server select. Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I've tried the solutions listed above, and no go.
  17. Koswold Journeyman

I was able to play earlier today however ... I just started my laptop (win 7 64bit ) so I could box a mission, the new client & dll pushed about an hour ago now disconnects me when the character select should show up :(
    same as crieger :/
    sula likes this.
  18. Tarrin Augur

I tried making sure it wasn't just the "quickly connect to last server" button. Also tried various servers I know I don't have any toons on. Same result.

Laptop being used is an AMD with Windows 8.1.
  19. sula Augur

thanks -- now you broke people who were never broke before. I tried to log in and got the you have been disconnected screen repeatedly.

edit: is there ever a time when devs admit it was a big mistake, roll back the program so we can all play, and then work on the fix while we get to play? obviously your fix didn't work and now the fix to fix the fix broke more stuff.
  20. Axxius Augur

I didn't have the msvcrt issue. But now I am unable to log in: disconnect at character select. The version of the client doesn't match the version of the server.

Can you just push the client exe that we had before last night? And play with your untested updates on Test server?