Unable to Start Everquest

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dane, May 13, 2014.

1. crieger Journeyman

2. RS78 Lorekeeper

crieger likes this.
  3. Gumlakx Augur

That resolved my problem, thanks.
    crieger likes this.
  4. goladith New Member

5. Anihilator-Emarr Journeyman

tryed that myself and doesnt work either
  6. crieger Journeyman

7. Wraithenhawk New Member

I still have the runtime error r6030. Have a 32bit Vista OS.
  8. Anihilator-Emarr Journeyman

neither of those worked either...........
  9. Ratbo Peep Augur

10. goladith New Member

Why do I need to suddenly re-download and install all those again? It was working great yesterday, then I patched today, and have this problems!
  11. Violator-Bristlebane New Member

crieger likes this.
  12. Ratbo Peep Augur

This one solved my issue. So I didn't try the 2010 version you posted later.
    Can someone please explain exactly WTF is going on here? (there anynywhere)
    -R
  13. goladith New Member

I re-installed all the runtimes, didn't help, tried to restart as well, no help. My next step is to try uninstalling ALL the C++ runtimes and re-installing them...
  14. DedosMM New Member

Tried all that and updated at windows update, restarted the machine and still getting this error:
    http://imageshack.com/a/img835/9093/9v0q.jpg
  15. goladith New Member

16. sula Augur

kk still no luck. I have downloaded every runtime update i could find on the internet including all of the above links. nothing works. Maybe a dev could take a look at:
    personally this part is beyond my scope. it seems to be the problem, but it is not something i know how to fix.
  17. pk76 Augur

18. Tatiyanna Gridh New Member

I'm receiving the "runtime error r6030 - CRT not initialized" error message.
    System:
    Windows 7 Home edition
    AMD Phenom II X4 2.80
    64bit operating system

I'm in the middle of downloading the suggested C++ redistribution. I will update when I have it installed to let you know if it works.

Today is the first time this happened. Last night I was able to play with no problems.

Edit: Sula's message above had me wondering if it is something wrong with the short cut I have on my desktop. I attempted to run the application straight from the EQ folder and I still get the same error.
  19. crieger Journeyman

20. goladith New Member

Yeah, tried that as well... No avail.

I hope you guys can figure out what happened in the update to have caused this for people. Because I've never seen or had something like this happen before, and yet, we're the ones doing all the work trying to get it to work. When it broke from the update you guys pushed out, I sure hope I'm gonna get comp'd for this time, I just finally re-sub'd after a few months of not playing, because I got the urge to play, and the 1st day after I sub, this happens. Really makes me regret giving you guys more money.