Unable to Start Everquest

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dane, May 13, 2014.

1. EverChanter Augur

I am now getting a crash on the launchpad when before I did not. Just brings up the "eqgame.exe has stopped working." box. Windows 7 x64 bit, GigaByte MB, Nvidia VC, Comcast Xfinity.
  2. Ratbo Peep Augur

Minor added info:
    I tried to run EQ on a third machine (also XP-Pro 32bit) that was not "in play" last night for round one.
    The patcher completes normally on that one on the first try - but the game still fails with the same "Application Error (0xc0150002)" that the other two are getting.
    -R
  3. pk76 Augur

would be nice to see any response from dev about this issue , it's still going " error 0xc0150002 "
    OS= window xp.
  4. Ratbo Peep Augur

They haven't even been at work for a 1/2 hour yet - give a little time. :)
    Some stayed there past 3:30AM this morning trying to get a fix in.
    -Rat
  5. suka Lorekeeper

am trying to get my brother-in-law into the game on his computer. I keep getting the r6030 -crt not initialized error. downloaded the patch suggested for visual studio and didn't help. so i opened my event viewer. I have 2 errors. the first one is LoadPerf saying "The performance strings in the Performance registry value is corrupted when process Performance extension counter provider. The BaseIndex value from the Performance registry is the first DWORD in the Data section, LastCounter value is the second DWORD in the Data section, and LastHelp value is the third DWORD in the Data section."

the second says " Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) failed. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the error code."

this is a win7 64bit system

online, this is what i got:
    of course, win 7 doesn't show the cmd so i had to go find it in the win directory and put it on the desktop. typing the second command resulted in a very long list lol. I will now restart the computer and see if i can get on. brb
  6. suka Lorekeeper

kk so i did all that, restarted computer, verified game files and what do i get now?
    so now what? hey guys, did you ever hear the old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"? so you took something that was working, however slowly, and 'fixed' it, and now it doesn't work at all. smooth move
  7. sula Augur

kk my computer can get on fine, but my brother-in-law, who has a supposedly newer, better system, but running the same win 7 64 bit, can't get on at all. wonder why that is? I am trying to restore his system back to a time it was able to connect to the game so we'll see. meanwhile, please fix this - or unfix it as the case may be
  8. sula Augur

still having problems. the crt problem
  9. sula Augur

having same problem on brother-in-law's computer
  10. DedosMM New Member

Any information available from a dev perhaps, regarding what is being done to address this issue? Obviously it hasn't been corrected and I'm not one of those that will act like the world is ending because I can't log in, but it would be nice to see something regarding the issue from a member of the dev team. Thanks
  11. suka Lorekeeper

tried it, no go
  12. suka Lorekeeper

yeah my brother-in-law is totally bored while i try everything i can possibly find to fix this. has anyone tried uninstalling launchpad or deleting any files? i really want to go finish leveling y new rogue in her poisons- will mean second poisonmaker for me- but am trying to get him on the game first
  13. milkey New Member

this is getting ridiculous now any update SoE on what the hell your doing?
  14. crieger Journeyman

Morning everyone,
    We pushed out a .dll update last night as part of a commerce certificate update, which was necessary for security reasons. We are currently working on reproducing the issue on a number of machine configurations so that we can narrow down exactly what is missing, as this is not currently reproducible on our dev machines. Once resolved, we will push out an update asap. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  15. Anihilator-Emarr Journeyman

my day off from work and GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR R6030 crap
  16. Fben New Member

I have this issue as well "CRT" on a win XP 32 bit machine, I am however able to by pass the issue, by right clicking the EQ launch icon and running as administrator. I suspect my normal login, has been restricted since, in some fashion to access certain files/sub-directories or processes, since the last patch. I have another box running same OS as above and yet no error logging in as regular user. If there are file permissions/user rights etc. that I need to amend reset etc. please let me know.

Thanking you in advance Fben
  17. Ratbo Peep Augur

All I can tell you is that while I found a workaround for the missing .dll file from the first .dll update - The later "patch to fix the patch" - broke something else. :(
    How about quickly rolling the patches back - and then sorting out the fix and deploy it when it's ready?
    -R
    PS: Please note that I said to roll the patches back - not our Characters. :)
    Anihilator-Emarr and sula like this.
  18. sula Augur

tried that.didn't work for me
  19. guado Augur

In the meantime you might be able to get into the game via skipping the patcher all together.

Right click EverQuest on your dekstop
    Open File Location
    Right Click --> Send to desktop (create shortcut)

Right click the shortcut and open Properties
    at the end of the file path, OUTSIDE of the quotation marks, type in (without quotes) "patchme"

Example of what the path will look like:
    "C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

Now, the devs did say this was a security related update... so... skip the patcher at your own risk I guess.

I posted this because I know what it's like to have the servers up on your day off but can't log in.
  20. sula Augur

i have a suggestion. since the devs can't reproduce this, why not remote someone's computer that is having the problem???