Plane of War Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pwnography, May 9, 2014.

1. Pwnography Augur

Glad to hear it'll stay in its current form. We've ground out every CoTF achievement and now we're nearly done with every RoF raid achievement to give us something to do two of our three raid nights. This raid will keep us busy for some time, I think. Thanks for leaving it as-is snd in-game so we sent stressed to rush it. Unless the difficulty (I.e. number of adds) continually increases throughout the event, it should be doable as is. I haven't seen any evidence of that, but I haven't seen it sub-50 yet.

Edit: off-topic - any plans to fix the Chelsith bug where his rage is hitting the summoned tank AFTER it subsides? Rage shouldn't be going off after it wears off, even for a split second on Kilsev, which had led to some very convoluted pet tanking methods for the achievement. I don't believe this is working as intending.
  2. Slasher Augur

My #1 issue is the gear is tier 1. This event is over tuned for the quality of gear. Harder challenge should = better gear.
  3. Axem the Great Journeyman

I don't think most raiders had an issue with the difficulty. I think it was the difficulty coupled with the limited time given to attempt the raid. I think people either wanted to see the raid tuned down if it was only staying up for six weeks, or the difficulty kept the same if it was to be made permanent. We got option B, and I think most people are happy with that. If in a couple of months it still hasn't been beaten, and the loot starts to become outdated compared to the CotF T2 raids that are beaten in a day, then that may be a good time to re-evaluate.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  4. Ellyra Augur

Chandrok has assured me that the loot is Tier 2.
  5. Drakang Augur

I still think it needs to be tuned down unless all the COTF T2 raids are planned to be this hard so that only a few guilds actually beat them. Of course if that is the case I can see an end to raiding as people will stop showing.

Or make the gear from it better than anything else in game or planned to be in game with T2
  6. Axxius Augur

Of course you will tune it down. ;) It's the "not any time soon" part that sounded curious. How soon is "not any time soon"? If it's beaten by less than 3 guilds before the June patch? Or July?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Slasher Augur

Not having done tier 2 yet :) but I would bet my account tier 2 wont be nearly as difficult to beat.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Axxius like this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If that is the case why was this released this hard for a temporary raid?

Eldroth has said it was intended to be this hard, if it is what was intended why does it need tuning down, if we had stuck to the 6 week plan the majority wouldn't have come close to beating it. How can you say you want players to beat raids, get loot and then release something as super hard as this? Was he wrong to setting this raid so hard?

If reports are correct and the guild testing it only beat it due to the GM super buff and all said it was far to hard, why didn't the dev who tested with them adjust it before it went live? Is this once again a lack of time to do things properly due to forcing this weekly/monthly content on us and you?

I'm not having a go at you, I'm trying to help find where things went wrong, so we don't waste yet more dev time that could be spent on something more productive like CotF content.
  9. Ayoheee Augur

Did he also assure you the COTF global rares are RoF T2 quality?
  10. Ravengloome Augur

^^^^^ Exactly

I remember when ROI was on the progression servers, Everyone told them they couldn't beat Tunat Muram in Tacvi at level 65.

5 days later he was dead.
  11. Casidia Augur

Tunat is a simple fight...either enough tanks can be kept up or not, if you run against a wall 100x chances are high you survive it one time.

Overlord Mata Muram was prolly the best hard raid in Eq history, and devs should look at this event closely to notice what today's "super raid events" are lacking.
  12. Slasher Augur

10 bucks says you never tried plane of war on a real toon. You know im right and if you ever did you would see what everyone means here. This raid right now if left how it is will only be beat by maybe 3 guilds id be shocked if one even beats it honestly. Now something you and every single dev here fails to realize. IF the #1 guild in this game cannot beat this event how do you expect a non top guild to even come close ? You just said you want people to beat raids you want people to have access to content. This raid contradicts that very statement.
    Yinla and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  13. Axxius Augur

No, it doesn't. They didn't say HOW MANY people they want to beat this raid. ;)
  14. Marshall Maathers Augur

Or when they want them to beat it.
  15. Edrick Augur

I really doubt there is a formula they can use for scenarios like these.
  16. Ravengloome Augur

Regardless of whether it is a simple fight: The precedent was set, Certain guilds are capable of doing what most would say is impossible.

I wasn't in anyway trying to say Tunat kill is relevant too the mechanics involved in powar tho:p, more making an analogy. Someone is going to beat this raid as is, before the next Expac. Unless all guilds give up trying.
  17. Makavien Augur

This raid has already been defeated back in sod this is just another(overtuning) to try and make a challenging raid encounter. We doing Underfoot 4 .0 next ? With 220% npc accuracy and the 100% strikethrough already happening ? And I said 4 .0 because thats about how much the ae dmg got increased in this brothers zek 4.0

The only thing that really bothers me is it seems whoever made this one is out of touch brothers zek was hard when we were able to dodge /block/parry . It was tough but it was not kill you in 1 minute or less hard . And since it is so hard were missing 20 members or so because they are having such a hard time defeating the raid on their mains . So to me no matter how good of a plan I come up with I am pretty much sitting on my hands because you guys are so out of touch with the state of the game as is.
    Yinla and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  18. Daislet Augur

Well old Zek bro's drop gear around 900 HPs and new gear is around 3500 hp.

Then add in new AA's, /discs. Pretty fair imo.
  19. Casidia Augur

It's not really that such a raid exists, that causes all these problems.
    It's the timing...years ago when there was enuf to do, most might have said oh hello super hard raid.
    Now most raiding guilds are bored to tears on main raids, and could have really used a medium hard (does that make sense...) event where most people playing Eq can have some fun.
    I'm not missing road maps like i saw in another thread, or promises...what i badly miss in Eq for some time now is fine tact. You should feel rewarded for still playing this game, not punched...or am i expecting too much?
  20. Makavien Augur

You mean gear that you will hardly notice any difference in your character unless you parse for 4 hours to see a 1% increase in survivability. Wow because thats all upgrading the gear does heck I feel I am weaker this year then i was last year in a full suit of rof tier 4 . I know for a fact I dodge /block/parry less , I take more spikes and my sustained dps has even dropped off more.