"Special" raid drops lacking a class

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Havepint, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Havepint Journeyman

Bloodstained Shoulders - Everyone

Ring of Revenge Melee dps and Tanks

Stoneoak Tower Shield - Tanks

Fine Silk Sash - Caster DPS

In case the significance of that last item is not apparent to you all, that focus has been reserved for primary and secondary items and augments until now.

I did not complain when melee got a brand new item with a brand new click effect for the latest lvl 100 zone revamps and casters just got a very obvious copy paste ring, because they were all/all. Even though it was obvious by the stats that many casters would not use the cloak.

I have been playing a cleric as my main in this game since 2003. I noticed that after OoW our spells became less potent (not talking about complete heal, I mean all heals). Around 2006-07 the developers decided to make one raid weapon for all priests. The cleric spells perhaps was needed, but from the lack of thought going into priest weapons, to now lack of items with there effects and clicky effects is getting old.

If you notice above, tanks get to use 3/4 of those items, melee and caster dps get to use 2 of 4, and priests just the shoulders. I am beginning to feel this is the priority given to classes in Everquest.
  2. Rorce Augur

I'd like to preface my post by stating this is -pure- speculation, I have no more info than what I'm posting here.

A new spell appeared in the Live servers spell files with yesterdays patch:

http://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=39661

This looks an awful lot like the priest weapon procs as of late, but it doesn't share the name. I have no idea what this might be for, but some special item like the ones you list could be a possibility.

Unrelated, be equally (or more) interesting is the following spell that also appeared in yesterdays Live patch:

http://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=39663
  3. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I was kinda disappointed the two caster proc augs in PoWar proc off of detrimental casts only (healing + mana return would be cool on a cleric). Priests do get a 1hb with a mana return proc in PoWar, but it has roughly T2 CotF group gear stats.

Maybe we will see something nice coming up in T2.
  4. Ranndom_TheUndead Augur

Havepint youre mistaken on that first part. BG2 mission had the first sympathetic corruption proc on a waist item for nec/mag/enc/wiz
    Machen likes this.
  5. Darl Journeyman

Aye Zalifor scale belt. drops from named dracolich in BG or the mission.
  6. Songsa Augur

Just to add a little precision, Ring of revenge effect will not be useful for 90%+ of rogues. Works only on riposte and as you probably know rogues rarely tank due to bad tanking skill and bad dps from the front.
  7. guado Augur

500 hps on a group heal is absolutely useless... we got the same thing with the shawl 3.0... for it to be useful, the 500 would have to go WAY up, or it would have to like quint proc just to pretend to be useful.
  8. Ayoheee Augur

9. Alwyzn- AB Journeyman

I will second the OP, WIS casters have been left with 1 chase item in the last two expansions being the shoulders.
    Maybe more all/all chase items like shoulders rather than excluding , all that said very disappointed in the CoTF raid chase items for WIS casters.
  10. Havepint Journeyman

Yes very sorry, I was mistaken. Been on the back burner for two expansions instead of one, cancel thread.
  11. Crystilla Augur

Just a small correction here - 2 chase items in last 2 expansions (shoulders this one, head last one).
  12. Alwyzn- AB Journeyman

Forgot about head....how could I forget about head its one of my favorite things. Lol But you are right, simply put I think chase items should be all/all and evolve somehow not a major concern just seems a little more fair.
    But even the head was all/all, this expansion has 4 chase items; 3 that tanks can use, 2 melee dps can use, 2 that INT casters can use, 1 that WIS casters can use.

Not the end of the world just unbalanced in chase items, something I would like addressed down the road.
  13. Evercluck New Member

Be hopeful! There's still two more tiers left in this expansion? Perhaps the WIS caster chase item has yet to be revealed...
  14. Iila Augur

No, there's 1 or 2 more zones left in T2.
  15. Kucaniz Master

Well, the current rare item from the tower of rot raid is Shield of Immaculate Light http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=99138

And while of course this is subject to change, on beta there were two more rare raids items that were all/all. One was a belt that increased proc damage and the other a two hander though neither of them seemed especially useful to priests, fun though they might be.

The shield seems closest to a priest rare but, it's still not centered around priests. It would be nice to get such an item at one point.