UI Wishlist Additions / Changes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Smallpox, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Smallpox Augur

I will update this list as I think of more things I would like to see added/changed for the UI. Feel free to post your comments, suggestions, ideas :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raid Window
    1. Change the “Players not in a group” section to a “Raid Lobby”.
    2. The Raid Lobby section would be for players not in the raid, but are ready to be (i.e.: standby in a wait list).
    3. The raid leader could move Players to/from the actual Raid from the Raid Lobby without having to send invites every time there is a change in the raid makeup.
    4. Add a button that the raid leader can click to invite all (online) Players in the guild to the raid. When clicked, everyone (online) in the guild would be sent an invite to join the Raid Lobby.
    5. Anyone moved from the actual Raid to the Raid Lobby will automatically be removed from the Raid/DZ. Anyone moving from the Raid Lobby to the actual Raid will automatically be added to the Raid/DZ.

Inventory Window
    Move Ebon/Radiant crystals to the Alt Currency list.

Compass Window
    1) Show Live X, Y and Z Loc coordinates directly on the window (under the compass).
    2) And/Or, make the compass clickable that will show the X, Y and Z Loc coordinates in the chat window (so you do not need to waste a hotkey to do the same).

Merchant Window
    1) Add the ability to sell items from a key-mouse click combination.
    Example: (When you have a merchant window open) hold Alt+right-click the mouse button on an item to sell to the vendor. This would assume that you wanted to sell the entire stack, if the item is stackable preventing the “how many” from popping up. This would make selling vendor junk much easier.
    2) And/Or, add the ability to “tag” multiple items in your bags to sell all tagged at once.

Map Window
    1) Add the ability to change each Group member’s color.
    2) And/Or, make small icon sets that can be associated to each group member.
    Example icon sets could be: Numbers, Colored dots, colored shapes, etc.
    3) Add a “Send a Loc” button that when clicked will open a small window to type in a player name. The receiver player will see the same Loc on the map window denoted by a marker directly on their map.
    This would be most useful for: “Blabla item rotting”, or “Can someone come help kill this named?”.

Options Window
    Add a toggle on/off option for automatically opening the inventory window when something is picked up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New EQTypes (that can be put on any window) for Interface Authors
    1) Destroy Button (So you do not have to open your inventory window every-time do destroy something on the cursor. (Summoned Food, Drink, etc.)
    2) Auto-Inventory Button that would function like the class portrait on the inventory window, so you don’t have to open the inventory window, or waste a hot button. (most useful for foraging, etc.)
    3) Loc Button (See Compass window notes above)
    4) New target health gauge that instead of being the standard Red, is the actual Con color of the mob.
    Example: If you target (click on) a mob that cons light-blue to you, the mob’s health bar would be light-blue.
  2. Sinestra Augur

A Pet window that shows all stats and gear equipped.

The ability to cycle through spell sets like a hotbar instead of just rememming them. I don't even mind a very small cooldown, but the ability to just have spells available instead of having to unmem and remem spells would be great. That way if I needed to rebuff I could just hit the next spell set and wait a second or two and not have to keep unmemming and memming spells.

Drag and drop hotkeys/spells. Want to make a macro? Drag and drop the abilities you like onto a new key and it combines them up to the cap.

Tracking target appeared on the map.
    Hingabe, FcsevenXIII and Smallpox like this.
  3. Smallpox Augur

Spell sets like this?: http://almarsguides.com/eq/general/spells.cfm
    [IMG]

You can also make a hot-button to load a saved spell-set: /memspellset spell_set_name
    Peon25 and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  4. Zyrek New Member

Gauges that decrease in brightness or color intensity as the hp go down (if we get con color hp gauges, otherwise I can do this myself).

Hor+ scaling so we don't have to play in /viewport to maintain visibility on widescreen monitors.
  5. Rorce Augur

Mini map.
    Fenudir, Peon25, Sita and 2 others like this.
  6. Smallpox Augur

You can shrink the map window pretty small, especially if you go with a custom one that is spaced optimized. :)

[IMG]
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Sinestra like this.
  7. Rorce Augur

Still far too much extra junk there taking up space :\
    Peon25, Fenthen and Iila like this.
  8. Fendy Augur

An option to view the bank like the guild bank. Alphabetical listing, the ability to merge items that aren't already stacked.
    Fenudir, Kajira, Mintalie and 4 others like this.
  9. Sinestra Augur

No, not like those. That is why I mentioned memming and rememming here...

The ability to have the same cycle option as a hotbar that has spells on each hotbar without having to mem and remem spells, with possibly a small cooldown for changing between the two.
  10. Smallpox Augur

You mean you want to be able to open your spellbook and create hotbuttons for any number of spells on your hot bar? Not sure if I am understanding you correctly :confused:
  11. Sinestra Augur

[IMG]

See the arrows at the far right, the ones that allow you to cycle through the ten hotbutton sets? If we had those on the spell bar rather than just the ability to hit a "spellset" that forgets your current spells and mems different spells that would be great. Switch to page two and you have 1-12 other spells which you can use if you like. Although I'm sure they've got some brilliant reason to still not allow you to have all the spells you like memmed so we might need a small cooldown when you switch the page, the ability to switch without forgetting and rememming would be great.
  12. Slasher Augur

A raid window that shows the health of everyone in the raid so its easier to heal people not in your group and know who actually needs a heal.
    Xanumbik and Sinestra like this.
  13. FcsevenXIII Augur

Pet inventory
    Hingabe likes this.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

There are times you may want a user not in a group but in the raid. Usually due to shuffling things up or shuffling groups. Combining this with #5 would be all sorts of fun as people get kicked/removed from the dz. I like the idea of the lobby in general though.

Some changes I'd like to see to the raid tool:

1. Ability to expand the out of group section. When mass invites are going out the window size restriction sucks.
    2. Not every new invite is a group leader. Either make it a toggle (I can see where it would be useful) or have it off by default (or don't restrict the raid to 12 group leaders).
    3. Fix the bug where sometimes a character gets lost in the tool and you end up with a ghost with no name but a class in the bottom of the window. (closing/reopening the window fixes this now)
  15. Barc Lorekeeper

Bazaar Window:
    • The ability to Shift + Click an item directly into Bazaar window, so you don't have to type out the name to see what the current price is on an item.
    • And/or a way to see items curently in Bazaar through trader window, that you have on your trader aswell.
    Reason for this is that it takes an absolute age to check how much some random has undercut you, because you need to type in every single item to check them.
  16. Vanrau Augur

Shift + Ctrl + Left click on item pastes the item name into the bazaar window.

You mean like the /barter window that lists all the items you have. That would be nice.
  17. Fendy Augur

EQ2 did away with the spell bar completely. Spells go in hotbars. Hotbar full? Just open another one. My SK has nearly 50 spells and they're all available all the time. There is no memming spell sets. So we know someone at SOE knows how to code this. They're just working for the wrong game.
    Fenthen likes this.
  18. Eggborn Lorekeeper

I want my rear view mirror back from the very first UI in game. I like looking at my tail waggy around seductively, and seeing what is going to hurt me without going into a different view or jumping out of my skin when I hear a random necro running around behind me.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Having a spell bar in EQ1 and not having one in EQ2 are most likely game design decisions and not coding decisions. EQ1 was designed to have make choices in what spells you can cast at a given time and in EQ2 it was designed to have freedom of what you can cast at any time.
    feiddan and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  20. Vanrau Augur

Being able to change the font size of each window or globally for all windows in game. This option doesn't exist unless you edit the xml files or just use another font in game.