PoW relevance

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by krozman, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Casidia Augur

High HP mobs are just not everyone's thing, i admit i find them rather boring too.
    The reason why i liked expansions like GoD was that stuff either killed you or you or you were fine and killed them.

Eq combat is static, for me as nuker there is rarely movement involved etc.
    It just feels like a waste of time doing the same thing over and over for 5 minutes or more, and it's also one reason why most newer games use dynamic combat so they can make mobs tougher to kill but not boring at the same time.
  2. Ravengloome Augur

So it only took you 4 minutes to get to level 100 and max AA and every piece of gear and aug you needed?
    Jeez I been doing it wrong this whole time.
  3. Zantor Augur

LOL well I also mentioned as I said in other posts, sure some will try to live there for years to come, but also sure a lot of others like me will stop going there once we do get what we want, also more and more are saying screw it and just stop going there. It all depends on the person, just why do people feel the need to bash others that not like the zone?
  4. Falos Augur

I personally don't mind the high hp mobs but the agro debuff is really unenjoyable. A lot of the mobs due to this debuff are a real pain to dps at a reasonable pace, have to either fade at inconvenient times or take a risk and dps hard and possibly die or live long enough to kill it first... or do mediocre dps entirely.
  5. Falos Augur

Even the commanders and gyrup? Those three are kind of in a league of their own at the moment imo (pre-patch)
  6. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

It's more that people are attacking my favorite zone, the one zone that was made for people like me, and who like it, as far as I've seen it anyway, exactly how it is, and don't want it changed.

I'm glad it's hard group content. I get bored when stuff is too easy.
    I'm glad there are unusual mechanics. I feel they make it more interesting.
    I was glad to spend my many millions of plat on bows to get my friends and guildmates in quickly. I was down to 17,000pp when I stopped. What else am I going to spend plat on? Now I will enjoy amassing a new fortune for next time.
    I'm glad that my friends, who are great players too, have a place where we can get rewards commensurate with our skills.
    I'm glad to have a better opportunity to get groups in PoWar since mercs and boxes are hardly up to the standard.
    I'm glad XP isn't good there, otherwise it would be crowded.

It's one zone. Please leave it to those of us who enjoy it for what it is, rather than try to homogenize every last zone in the entire game into ez-mode for the merc & box lovers.
    code-zero likes this.
  7. Ravengloome Augur

Ive done Gyrup (pre nerf, We have it on test Already though) with 3 people, me playing 4, a friend playing 3, and another friend playing 1.

Inasch (pre nerf, we have the nerf on test since Thursday): Same group setup

The other commander was not able to beat pre nerf. I doubt many were able to.
  8. Falos Augur

Ah, we've done most of the mobs as well pre-grandmaster though we've avoided inasch (don't know much about him personally) and gyrup because we had seen 3-4 groups of raiders wiping to them. We engaged gannar but he pretty much destroyed us on engage so after that happened it led us to not bother with the 2nd commander or gyrup (from what we had seen happen to others.
  9. Ravengloome Augur

Gyrup and Inasch were 0 mistake fights when we beat them prenerf, after the nerf i wouldn't quite call them jokes... but our expectations were higher.

Gannar was nigh unwinnable pre nerf. < Yes I am aware someone probably beat him, but Its hard for me to fathom how without Exploits or massive overgearing for the content/

Also the worst part was up until the nerf patch on Test. We only had 1 shot at named since they would not power down... That made it alot more stressful on the Inasch/Gyrup kills (which were pretty tenuous at best!) Because we knew 1 mistake and we didn't get a second chance (its probably also the only reason we won, but meh)
  10. Booger Elder

terible design . ive only ever seen a handfull of people in the zone everytime ive gone . just ran there and was only 4 people in the zone . 2 of them were me
  11. Falos Augur

At most hours this zone is a 'ghost town' and by ghost town i mean there are like 2 to 3 cliques/ box crews (myself included) hitting the zone relatively hard. However at primetime hours this zone is averaging around 40 people (give or take 10) on xegony. That all being said, I am seeing the zones population trending downward and it IS on the decline.

The vast majority of players will likely kill judicators for dodge augs and flags till they are flagged for both castles and do nothing further in the zone. Let's just hope that the grandmasters difficult is about on par with the other named in the zone so that the crews of people flagging for him can split their 1 group into two groups + use mercs to hopefully kill him, unless something changes there wont be more than a small handful of people flagged to even engage him.

Like half the mobs are fine without splitting up a group into two groups + mercs, but a couple named do kinda need more than just one group without mercs.
  12. Edrick Augur

I see 40 to 60 people in there in the evenings. It is truly a failure of a zone.
    Iila likes this.
  13. Endo Journeyman

On Bertox there are usually at least 50-60 people in the zone during prime time nights.

I also agree w above poster that most people will give up on progression after they get their Judy drops and access to castles. The amount of time required to get access to Grandmaster is just stupid horrendously long and requires a LOT of help and teaming up.

Access to kill 10 out of the 11 named mobs is good enough for most. The return on time investment to get access to grandmaster is very very small.
  14. Ravengloome Augur

I am actually going to agree with you, the amount of time its going to take to flag my entire group + a couple others to attempt the Grandmaster is going to be quite excessive lol. On the other hand he could be a complete pushover, I won't know for atleast another month at the rate i am going.
  15. Falos Augur

On the bright side of the grandmaster he only hits for 19k base damage. I managed to engage him for a whopping 6 seconds and he didnt seem to hit that hard, though had to deal with the adds on his chessboard as well. He seems more like he is going to be a highly strategy based mob and not really a brute force type mob so he MIGHT be doable for a group if they can figure out the strat. Then again with all the adds on his chessboard it may still require a 2nd group to play his little game with him, He seems to powerup if you engage him outside of the gameboard.