bst or zerker

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kraiser, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Kraiser New Member

I was wondering which of these two classes perform best in a group setting, my normal group will be a pally, a mage, a ranger, a shaman and myself on either my beastlord or my berserker. I am very fond of both classes but I am curious what the general opinion of which one will pull better in a group.

The only reason I ask this is because it seems on my beastlord I can't burn that well when it is need, I have great sustain and I kill at a quick and steady rate but when things go crazy and we are mass pulling and things go wrong and stuff needs to die fast I don't feel like I am contributing as much to that situation as I would like.

The last thing I want to mention is regardless of which character I pick I will be raiding on and have raided on in the past, my beastlord has a couple pieces of raid gear from VoA but my berserker is already set with some of the older raid items such as his 2.0 and anguish bp for the acc click.

Thanks for any advice you can share.
  2. Ineptocracy Leader Elder

I would say the bst, for the zerker to burn the way you want it to it needs a bard (and a bst as well). Downside is that with a shaman and a paladin in group you dont need the bsts buffs much. With bst you also get 2 more tanks if the stuff hits the fan, or one independant tank+cleric set. Might compensate for the lower burn dps.
  3. Gumlakx Augur

I agree with Ineptocracy. Your Berserker would be best with a Bard. In addition to pet tanking adds, your Beastlord can help a bit with mana regen. Have you parsed your sustained DPS for your Beastlord and Berserker?
  4. Dreezt New Member

Go zerk for damage. You don't need a bard to do damage. If your toons are extremely in lack of mana go bst. Zerk don't add all that much than dps, but in the end, you want the mob dead. Not to have a pretty buff bar.
    This is a group setting that already have a mage and a shaman, you better off with monk or zerk, bst is in this case redundant, unless that one little mana buff is the main reason to keep it.
  5. Petts Elder

play whichever you like the best!
    each have thier pro's and con's.
  6. Kraiser New Member

Thanks for all the replies I did forget to mention that if I did play the berserker I would be playing my bard box more often that I have been playing around with who is currently 87 and its a heroic toon so it has a decent amount of AA on it. I forgot to mention the bard as its a box and not a "set" part of our group even if it is very useful to have him about. I would say as far as playing them I like them box equally and will play them both, but I want to main one and dump everything I have on maxing out just one toon while mantaining the other from time to time when alone. I already get on the berserker when I remember and repo pull my LOD.
  7. Questoften32 Augur

I hear a beastlord has a epic that wont have you pulling your hair out as a side note. Survivabilty seems like it should be high, I play a bst among my characters but not an advanced one yet.
  8. moogs Augur

OP, did you ask which class would pull better, or did I misunderstand? If that's correct - and I'm no expert on either class - I'd say go with the beastlord. They can feign death or use the pet as a speed bump.
  9. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Ranger is the best of the best...don't waste your time on a zerker or beast. :D
  10. Ruven_BB Augur

Ranger is clearly the best option!
  11. Ardin Elder

if you like to accept rez :p
    Sinestra likes this.
  12. Darzag Elder

I love my bst.
    I also have a zerker. He's fun too.