Stonewood Bow Staff and Plane of War Progression

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WDWolf, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Grelthur Elder

Heck if this were allowed there would be little to no bottleneck considering the number of Driftwood bows already out there.
    sula likes this.
  2. Tyranthin Journeyman

I'll take the hit on being unprepared for the new quest, but the implementation of said quest that requires you to obtain an item that has a component which is such a rare drop from very few spawns is insanely dumb.

In other words, it's typical SOE. I honestly expect nothing less (or more) from them anymore.
    Petts and sula like this.
  3. Axxius Augur

People have tried the other elemental bows and checked that only Stonewood works, right?
  4. Kiillz Augur

I make the other b ows for guild tribute by the ton, it wont combine with the diamond.
  5. Sebbina Augur

Also: I really hope the developers realize what they did when we gave the sword from Earth A to Murdunk in Warrens...

We gave Murdunk a weapon from the future... who KNOWS what affect that will/already have?

Sorry, Guado, but Murdunk lost his sword, and we just pick it up after a few 1000 years of rust has affected it and returned it, that is why he is so surprised that there is any rust on it. Only the Sphinx knows that we time travel.

Re other bows, the Zekarian combine we get is for the Stonewood bow only, I previously mention possibilities, but, it would be a month before any such changes occur and the hectic period will mostly be over.
    guado likes this.
  6. Motasa New Member

I get it....this is supposed to be SoE's April Fool's Day joke! It is pretty funny when you look at it that way
  7. sinderkad Augur

It was mentioned by some, but to put it bluntly only a few guilds actually figured out the quest to get past the first gate. (Who kept the answers to themselves for a while, though it was more widely known just a few days before release) Try doing the quest yourself without any help, its insane. Very specific phrases and very particular inferences have to be gleamed in order to progress. The Second step of the quest requires you to guess the pronunciation of Sphinx names, the second of which has quite literally over 100+ possible combinations. (it took the first people to try HOURS to GUESS the right answer)
    In the end only the main raiding guild for the sever had any real presence there. Some, like myself, did give feedback on this system but there are so few who actually got to test anything...
    I suspect in this case Test was not meant to give feedback (too little time was given to actually test) it was mainly to test for bugs. (even then very little time)
  8. slugnuts New Member

Some good feedback in all the posts here, and no word from SOE.

Disappointing
  9. Imrahil Augur

VT key involved quite a few camps of non-grey mobs while it was current ;)
    Leerah likes this.
  10. Imrahil Augur

I think if I was still as enthusiastic about EQ as I used to be, I would be rather upset. As it is now, I simply won't bother with it.
    The time for tedious stuff like that is over for me, there are far too many other options to spend my little spare time.
    Reht likes this.
  11. Langya Augur

No, I doubt it is a joke. More like throwing a bone to a certain segment of the player community who have been vocal about the lack of content for their play style. I see nothing wrong with having one elite zone that you can't just waltz up to and enter the inner most sanctum of in a day with zero effort. Leave the progression alone. Let the uber goobers have their fun while being able to indulge in something exclusive for a little while. The spoilers are already posted so this bow staff is about all there is that serves as a limiting factor to the zone becoming an over crowded, over camped KS/training/griefer poophole.
  12. sinderkad Augur

I will say this:
    At the end of the day (metaphorically speaking) everyone will get into Plane of War. It is just frustrating to those who were so excited to go into War after waiting expectantly for weeks only to find that unless they have tons of plat to drop of tons or empty hours to farm that they may wait weeks to experience Plane of War with their friends.
    I'm sure the Dev's had the best of intentions, its just we have different expectations than the POP era (Plus since its such a limited release ie. One zone vs a whole expansion, it makes it fell much more confined)
  13. Orbital101 Augur

I like it that way... it progressively let people in while people progress. inside minimizing the training ;P

but totaly against reseller monopolizing the zone to make some money.
    Obiziana likes this.
  14. Tarrin Augur

Man...All I used to hear is how fondly people remember the PoP era.

How they loved competing with others for spawns.

How they loved the challenge and difficultly of the zones.

There was no objection to any of these statements, and if you disagreed you were harassed as a new player who should go back to WoW. I am speaking from experience in Povar's Genchat.

Now this comes along and people complaincomplaincomplain.

Nostalgia just isn't as good as people remember it, eh?
  15. Cerris Augur

I LIKED most of the non-grey camps, got a ton of AA in Fungus Grove and made serious bank off selling all the legs and belts etc. Some of the other camps.... well, ten years later I suspect I could tell you where every single named Goranga spawns in Maiden's Eye and you would have to hold a gun to me to make me do that camp again.

I was specifically thinking of the rockhopper camp, though, in terms of low level mobs and having to butt heads with (a) other people there for the shard (b) tradeskill nuts there for pelts and (c) the level 35 players who were there for XP.
    Obiziana and Mykaylla like this.
  16. Trillion_Cut New Member

People need to remember how hard key/flagging for quests used to be for the Planes. At least the bow pieces drop in places that are open to anyone around level 85 and up. Work as a group for a change, ya might actually have fun again!:D
  17. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

As always, this will get nerfed after I get all the items.
  18. Makavien Augur

Camping grey cons for a bow with three toons while fighting falling asleep and people running around trying to grab a free tree is nothing like old pop pojustice trials alone required the group to be on their toes to actually do something. Without others you can't do powar. So most of us with the non greedy mind set will be stuck in poe helping others get in again while fighting not falling asleep.

No one is complaining about the diamond if you notice.
    beryon and Brosa like this.
  19. Brosa Augur

/Nod. There won't be enough duct tape to keep my head from exploding.
  20. Gokujin New Member

How about making these components No trade to eliminate the people from endlessly farming them for profit?