Update Bugs 04/02/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Apr 2, 2014.

1. JChan Developer

Please post about any new bugs found in the update. This thread is not for discussions about anything other than bugs and how we can reproduce (and therefore fix) them.
  2. Malbro Augur

Wood Elf beastlord's warder still can't be shrunk to normal size after a pet illusion is used.
  3. Odiosus Journeyman

• Characters above level 85 who upgrade to Heroic Characters now get skills added if they were below the caps for level 85 characters.
    This may be working for a new upgrade but it did not work for characters who did this before the patch which still means heroic upgrades on post 85s were somewhat wasted if done for skills.
    Skills in question are still: alcohol tolerance, Begging, Bind Wound and possibly others for other classes.
  4. Lighteningrod Augur

Can a Dev please confirm if EQTypes 620 - 629 were added for the new Short Duration Buff Labels?
  5. Kiliani New Member

Yep cant shrink pet WE bsty here =(
  6. Smallpox Augur

Those are the types I went with on a best guess. They did not cause errors on the test server (yesterday). I have not checked live today tho.
  7. crieger Journeyman

Confirmed.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

The Quest Journal:

It does display the zone name. However, when you click on "Zone" to sort them, the order they are sorted in is not alphabetical. If this is intended, please let us know what the sort order you have chosen means, e.g., is it by expansion?. Even if it is by expansion, it still should be sub-sorted further alphabetically.

Thank you from those of us with CDO (OCD in alphabetical order. AS IT SHOULD BE! :)
  9. Desicratex New Member

"Characters above level 85 who upgrade to Heroic Characters now get skills added if they were below the caps for level 85 characters."

Can confirm this isn't working. My 86 heroic sk didn't get any skill bumps after this patch.
  10. Ssixa Augur

To the devs:
    Itemization on at least a few Plane of War items is wonky.

The 1h dmg aug is 16 dmg, 0 backstab dmg, vampiric strike V
    The 2h dmg aug is 10 dmg, 5 backstab dmg, vampiric strike VIII
    ^^ The 10/5 is probably intended for the 1h aug, and vice versa. The proc effects appear to be on the correct augments.

Also Plane of War weapon drops appear to have a type 7 augment slot, which is hopefully an oversight. It should be type 4 or 8 for using weapon augments.

To everyone else:
    I'd like to think these mistakes weren't spotted on Test because the guild that largely got loot from Plane of War was very secretive about linking loots in general chat etc. ("Don't wanna spoil the surprise" they said). And thus I highly doubt such oversights were bug reported. They surely were not posted in the Test Update thread. Here's a thought: be more forthcoming with stuff like that and the devs can fix the issues quicker...I know you probably thought it would cause more people to flock to the zone hoping for loot, but c'mon and be sensible eh.
  11. feiddan Augur

I don't know if we've seen the aug for 2handers. I certainly wasn't aware of it until seeing your post.

The aug slot for Darksoul Staff was reported and bugged, shortly after I looted the first (?) one.
    Ssixa likes this.
  12. RPoo Augur

No tribute values for loot from PoWar.
    Sash of the Mender
    Darksoul Staff
    guado likes this.
  13. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Apparently, fast camping works in the regular guild hall but not in the Neighborhood guild hall (purchased housing zone one). Not sure if this is a bug or just an oversight.
  14. Lighteningrod Augur

It's always been this way. Neighborhood Guild Halls allow dummies and combat. The normal guild hall does not allow combat.
  15. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Neighborhood Guild Halls also have stopped buff timers, so I don't see why we can't have fast camp.

I believe you can duel anywhere as well.

The only reason to forbid fast camp is if someone wants to use it to escape real combat against mobs. We don't allow mobs in our Neighborhood Guild Hall. They don't meet the dress code. Plus the bouncer at the door is one of those types who only lets in hot girls and celebrities. :)
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

From what I understand fast camp is limited to zones where combat is disabled such as pok.
  17. Lighteningrod Augur

Every single starting zone I've entered is utterly overrun with mobs: Feerott, Innothule, Nektulous.
  18. Iila Augur

Since the 4/4 patch, my launcher has forgotten all my login infos and won't save any of them. Remember me is checked and hasn't helped.

I deleted files changed on 4/4, and made sure nothing in my EQ folders is read-only. Neither worked.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Something is up when you die in The Plane of War, you end up taking a 2nd death and someone needs to sort their times out 9 seconds does not equal 2 minutes.

20. Emarinn Elder

I created an 85 heroic ranger, on a silver account. I am working on her epic quests. I was able to complete 1.0 with no issues, but I am having problems with 1.5.

In the beginning of the 1.5 quest, you have to tradeskill some items in order to capture some sick animals. The combines are supposed to be trivial 15, and no fail. I am getting the message "You are too inexperienced in your craft to even consider attempting this combination". The character started out with a Fletching skill of 25, and I went ahead and skilled her up to 68. I tried the combines again, and still get the same message.

The combines I have attempted are: Phase Netting and Long Net Pole.

I tried the combines in both a Planar Fletching Kit and a regular Fletching Kit, and get the same result. Am I missing something, or is there a bug in the script of either the 1.5 quest, or a bug in the combines?