Erudin Burning is Rough!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Evertrek, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Evertrek Augur

Erudin Burning and most of the THoT progression quests are insane busy. no safe spot to clear from, many roamers of mixed invis type (invis/ivu/neither), and just too little reward (xp/plat/gear) for the effort. i am for a challenge but for a level 85 zone it is really too much now.

it's cool to levi and double invis and CoH around a zone to win, but EB is PACKED with way too many hard hitting mobs in a very small area. a group of 90+ can clear and do the quests in most of the THoT zones but anything less can be messy.

considering SOE is selling level 85 characters to make one feel that we are closer to 100 is really misleading with zones/quests like in THoT. i would expect maybe the last 10 or 5 levels normal EQ hard, but 85-90 also? im not suggesting setting easy mode but come on!

just tone down the mobs and thin them out!
  2. Petts Elder

You should have tried to quest in there when it was a fresh new released zone and in previous expac gear and levels ... I died a lot in there.
    But now it is one of my favorite zones ... rarely anyone in it.

The game needs some zones to be tougher than others ... that zone required a puller and or CC.
  3. Sinestra Augur

Erudin Burning was a bit tougher than a lot of the zones because of the see invis mobs and the way they were packed, but it isn't really a level 85 zone. Feerrott and HoT are the first tier of the expansion, and EB is in tier two. Most people would have been around 87 probably goin in. I know I was.
    Petts likes this.
  4. fransisco Augur

Its a T2 zone, not like the fearrotte, which is actually a T 1/2 zone now (everything in it has been weakened for heroics).
    Not only that, I'd easily say Erudin Burning is the most difficult T2 zone in HoT.
    Yinla and Sinestra like this.
  5. Moklianne Augur

So, the mobs in Erudin's Burning need to be chilled out you say? The zone is too hot for your liking?
    Leerah likes this.
  6. Axxius Augur

There are at least several safe spots in Erudin Burning. You just have to find them.
    Tornicade_IV likes this.
  7. Sinestra Augur

That is true, and I will tell you what a few of them are at least. You can start inside the main building with the quest NPCs and pull around there. You can also safely pull inside the bone tunnel..

There are two places where it is safe to pull from.
    Leerah likes this.
  8. Putrify Elder

I have several toons in the 80-90 range (one HC who is 87 atm). Tons of zones to go too. Haven't been to Erudin Burning yet, so thanks for the head's up! I look forward to heading there to try and figure things out on my necro or druid.

I don't mind finding a zone that's too tough for me to solo/molo or even group in. Reminds me the early days of exploring, and finding a zone where me and my friends got owned to the point we considered not doing a corpse run, and just letting our gear rot. LOL.
  9. Evertrek Augur

afew safe spots, near the start of the zone, quest areas, and tunnel. the top of the steps leading down to the mess there is a timed safe spot (kill golem when it pops then it's safe). you can take a bio/smoke break near the gatecaller also, but the HQ and other building are packed like sardines in a can, not easy to pull 2/3 at once. levi over to the HQ works if you do it right and good luck with the rest of the quests!

i did these zones with my cleric when it was released and i must say we almost had a guild split due to a major fight with members in groups trying to do EB. "but i did ivu!, no you didnt!, i was on invis!, who agroed the golem!....). at 90 just tank and spank it, but no way that zone is in line with it's reward.

putting a see all mob in key bottlenecks around 5 mobs is just poor design IMO.
  10. Axxius Augur

Safe spot on top of the HQ (lev over to it). Safe spots on the stairs in the library. Safe spot in the far end tunnel (at the normal Erudin zi). Safe spot in the ruins on the right from the library (this one I used for most of the quests and Hunter named camping). Have to either double invis or clear particular mobs to get to a safe spot, but once there a group can safely camp it and pull whetever they need.
  11. fransisco Augur

This is one of those zones where CC makes all the difference. Especially an enchanter
    Leerah and Yinla like this.
  12. Icaen Elder

I agree with the other posters. I'm also working through HoT @ L92 and EB was the hardest. I ended up just FDing and COHing my way through the whole thing. Have FDer with healer merc drag mage corpse around lol. I'm moving up to HoT Upper Floors and sometimes I get wrecked by mobs hanging out just on the other side of a door. Very narrow zone. Thankfully the rest of T3 looks to be much more outdoorsy.
  13. Vlerg Augur

somes zones need to be tuned around CC. it's an notch harder than other T2 zone... some people like challenging stuff. keep it that way.

if every zone is balanced like the ground..CC-pulling skill would become useless.
  14. Stubar Augur

Me thinks that the OP never experienced the run to Morell's Castle before they toned it down. That was a nightmare.
    Leerah likes this.
  15. Vlerg Augur

i'm afraid I missed that one stubar, care to describe?
  16. Axxius Augur

Just a mix of normal and undead mobs on the way. It was never a problem with double invis. :p
  17. Tornicade_IV Augur

I moloed most of my progression task in erudins burning at 85. I could double invis anyone through the tunnel and had fd myself. you can also time you way through old school if you proceed cautiously. all three sections have space spots. I enjoy pulling to the c;iff but it rquired some splitting but since i never really had a full group there it was allright. it just went slow. theres also safe spots in the buldings if you take your time.

Enchanters and bards are gold here. theres no need to tone this zone down. its just fine as is.
  18. Leerah Augur

When few of us had double, perfected AA invis! Once you got a wizard bound outside of MC, you didn't move her!