I just realized this regarding heroes forge

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Necromonious, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Necromonious Augur

Just because a piece of gear falls into a particular category (cloth, leather, chain, plate), doesn't mean you can only use that one category of forge ornament. As a caster, most of my gear accepts either cloth or leather ornament pieces, which is really nice, because sometimes the textures (or is it models, I always get these mixed up...) are drawn much better for one gear type but not the other. So my forge gear is a mixture of cloth and leather. I didn't realize it accepted either until recently.

Does chain and plate work like this? Do they accept any type nowadays???
  2. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Chain and Plate accept each others ornaments.

Leather and Cloth accept each others ornaments.

That's all.
  3. Ironwall Journeyman

i soooo did not realize that you can use chain in any plate slot or leather in any cloth slot, and vice versa!

nice, like some of the chain graphics better and leather too for that matter on my mage with hero's...
  4. Ratbo Peep Augur

Heh.
    I personally don't like the chain graphics all that much. (at all)
    Rat au'natural is perma-dyed in "Acid Scarred Rubicite" from back in the day - when he actively wore that for months on end. Now it's forever. If I use Hero's forge, it's plate, a custom mix of Auburn and Bloodforged - retaining the red theme.
    But - for fun........
    I also have a set of Black Hero's Forge plate. This combined with "show my helm", Aura of Lava, Reeyor's Tail, and my 2 (slightly older) blades with "obliteration" ornaments, and hate augs, presents an overall "Gloom and doom" package. I usually wear this combo on any hired "track it and kill it dead" missions to get someone a thingie for an epic or something. All my customer see's is a very "Dark Knight" (no face) with lava dripping from his hands and an ever present thunderstorm overhead. A little role playing there, augmented further by using no merc. (open with weaponshield, then pop GoF and Bladespur reflection to get a bit HoT going, add Outriders Evasion and Protection of the Spirit Wolf and a damage burn). Couple the clean kill with a haughty "I don't handle blood money son - you can just parcel it." adds to the overall effect. :) (hehe)
    -Rat
  5. Petts Elder

I love the fact that my leather wearing Beast can wear a cloth smoking robe ... :)