Need more buff slots!!!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zantor, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Thanks, I'll update my info.

You seem to have missed the point of my post. 40 is too many already. It's just too much without any end. We need less to manage and fit on our screen. I can not think of any real reason some buffs can't be combined so that we don't need more slots.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I understood your point just fine, I simply don't agree with it. If you are having space problems you can use a minimal UI to save space. You can also buy a bigger screen. We shouldn't be held back because you don't like managing your UI.

Not that there isn't room for improvement in the system, there definitely is. Adding the ability to tab chat windows instead of requiring a separate window would save most people a massive amount of space. Half of my visible UI is chat windows. Splitting filters would also help.
  3. Makavien Augur

Oh yeah I would raid soe headquarters for some tabbed chat windows! And I don't even think I can run that fast but I'll be the first one through the door !

They could take these really tiny clickies we all still use and combine them or gasps increase the effects they give us while also combining them. Just take self damage shields for instance why wasn't the newest one just made to fill all 4 slots that we use for self clicky damage shields and increased instead of just another 30 dmg shield should be like 200 by now? Form of endurance and prismatic ward combine them we use them together or we use form of defense.

Making the game last another 10 years or whatever they expect is not about the big changes like heroic characters its about fixing all the small things that add up to the ugly user interface that even me as a ui modder gave up on 2 - 3 expansions ago. I do understand the need to seperate the buffs so npcs don't remove a big effect over each individual effect but it is just time to change these sort of things.

Maybe they could add a new buff window just for self clickies or self buffs I am not sure how to fix it but I think its more how many hotkeys we have and the tabbed chat window thing that needs fixed before buff windows or buffs in general.

This is the one I use. I know it doesn't have the labels but it fits nice and neat at the top of the ui for me http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6435
    Iila likes this.
  4. Draego Augur

Been saying this for years..........
  5. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

If I was a dev I wouldn't waste my time making more buff or spell slots. I like that we still have to make some choices. If anything I would add more debuffs from mobs just to make people play attention to what buffs are where. Just my opinion.
  6. Draego Augur

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought DoN progression offered 2 buff slots - at least that is what I remember it adding when I completed it a long time ago for all my existing toons.

Either way I will get a chance to test it out since I recently added a 12th character slot and made a new toon.
  7. fransisco Augur

if you could have 50 buffs up, it wouldnt matter much beyond the 40 you can.
    Many of them would be minute bonuses (+300 hp here, +20 ac there). As well, how on earth could you know if you were missing 1 buff. You could waste more time managing pointless buffs and searing for the missing buff than playing.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's one. You could get a second one briefly if you completed both sides of progression, but I reported that issue and they nerfed it so you can't have both sides of progression anymore. :p
  9. Tearsin Rain Augur

by being a completely insane neurotic who has an insurmountable OCD complex about every self castable buff on you always being in the same physical space, so that you can always tell precisely what is missing simply by the location of the hole in your buff bar.
    i don't know if it drives me more insane to get ninja buffed immediately after a rez, or if it drives the buffer more insane that i click their buffs off and then ask for them again, but GDI i have a system and nobody is allowed to mess with it.
    Sinestra, Fanra, Xeladom and 3 others like this.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

We don't serve your kind here.
    RPoo likes this.
  11. Viltaire Augur

This exactly. I'm not quite as bad, but I have a certain order I want my top 15 or so buffs in and I hate it when I don't have them in that order.
    Cicelee likes this.
  12. Cicelee Augur

Count me among the OCD when it comes to buff slot order. My guild, thankfully, has stopped buffing me after a rez because they just know I will be "accidentally" clicking off their buffs until mine are in the order I want them in...
  13. Makavien Augur

Me also I am so ocd about it when I am 3 boxing and say the warrior and bard dies I will hit rest run and pull so i can click off the merc buffs and self buff both toons without having to turn them all off.

I have learned to grumble to myself about my buffs being out of order in raids though just too time consuming if I die that is.
  14. Terroz New Member

On a full burn I absolutely have no problem filling up all the buff slots as a hybrid. When all of the caster crap AND all of the melee stuff benefits your class, filling up isn't that uncommon. It's never an issue for me though unless during a burn when I get hit with several short duration buffs. Third Spire, glyph, ect ect .......
  15. Grelthur Elder

OCD people and buff slots, fun fun fun. :D

As a buffing class, in raid I generally know specific individuals' buffing preferences, at least as far as it applies to what I do and I adjust, when possible, for those more needy persons.

I like having my clicks first. After that I could care less where they are as long as I have them, raid-wise at least. As far as being able to notice a buff is missing, I know when my buffs fade, I know what one faded, and that's without AT's. I just look at my buff window and scan the icons, it's not terribly difficult. If my buff doesn't stick on someone I look at their buffs figure out why and let them know.
  16. Marshall Maathers Augur

I would like to see an image of a warrior running out of buff slots.... just to see what I'm doing wrong, since I never have this problem!
  17. Stickietoes Augur

Aye, OCD here also, i don't even let my "Self-Clicky" buff's go 10-15 minutes before i recast them.

WTB All buffs to last 75% longer.
  18. Fendy Augur

My apologies. I took the cheap route with my answer and counted the 42 slots my UI (SARS) offers.
  19. Edrick Augur

Beimeith strikes again!
  20. Beimeith Lord of the Game

#ThanksBeimeith