Hermit's Hideaway and Onyx Hydra Saddle in Marketplace

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Iila Augur

Worse than having a dev team of 0?
    Oxgoad and Kelefane like this.
  2. Sinzz Augur

Pirouette:I'm getting sick and tired of hearing 'times need to change' but they have to change in a way where you can drop $10 out of your wallet to get it without earning it. Hazy memories of Smedley's slippery slope quote make me feel disgusted.
    sorry mate there was no such thing as earning it in lon and personally I felt it was a game of chance that should have been illegal anyways look at the hundreds of dollars folks wasted hoping to get a card and would blow the bank trying. yeah that's not hard work that was just them taking your money in a gambling type game.
  3. Xenophon Luclin Server

LoN was a bellweather moment for EQ in that it was a test run for RMT (inspired by competition from WoW, FB games, etc). We have simply followed it to its logical conclusion. The current business model holds nothing sacred (i.e. AA grants, heroic characters). I expect more in-game items (raid items) and achievements (epics) to be offered up in the market in the future.
  4. Ratbo Peep Augur

That pretty much sums it up nicely.
    (punctuation fixed up to make it legible)
    -R
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd rather have seen these added as rewards for something in game, than in the marketplace.

Game rewards for quests have been very lacking since LoN and the marketplace went in............unless you want Exp and AA that is.
    Pirouette likes this.
  6. Eanelder Augur

On TEST yesterday the marketplace was a little messed up and listed a bunch of items that probably weren't meant for purchase (ie the billion dollar price tags).

[IMG]

I got to browse through a few of the options but it fixed itself before i could get to far. I did notice that the Fearstone Merc that never got released was set up as a Tournament pack, at least im glad to see that.

But it looks like LON items for direct sale seems to be the way things are heading, also noticed that there is a "Loot" sub-category in the LON category now in the marketplace.

Photo is not mine, it was posted in the test updates forum and was what prompted me to log on to TEST
  7. Edrick Augur

Anyone have a few million station cash lying around so I can buy a painting? Thanks in advance!
    Oxgoad likes this.
  8. FcsevenXIII Augur

Did they take down Hermit's Hideaway? I can't find it in the market. I can't find the saddle either.
  9. Edrick Augur

Looks like it. Must have been accidentally released early on live.
  10. Ringkeeper Journeyman

The price point on Hermit's Hideaway seemed a bit low. Bet it will come back at 1500-2500 SC. Glad I pounced.
  11. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

Personally, I'd like to see ALL items that that can be used in Everquest that come randomly in packs you BUY from Legends Of Norrath (Playing off peoples posible gambling addction) be available in the market place thats purchasable with Station Cash. And I don't mean buying a deck and opening it with the "Chance" of that loot item being there.

As far as the items you can get by playing the game itself that can be used in Everquest, I think those should still only be obtainable by playing Legends Of Norrath. I think thats fair.

But then again, thats the main selling point of Legends Of Norrath i'm guessing, isn't it? Is the hope of buying a pack, opening it, and getting a loot item that you can use in Everquest.
    How many packs have been bought by people that don't want to play Legends Of Norrath in hopes of getting a loot item you can use in Everquest or Everquest two?

I think SoE would get more money if they made those items available if they could be bought strait up in the Market Place. But then again, i'm probably wrong. LOL!

Personally I allways wanted one of these mounts War Bear Saddle. How fitting a mount can you get for a Druid, Ranger, Beastlord. But there is no way I'm going to start spending cash with a random lucky pack that has it.
    Thats what the Lottery is for. heh!
  12. Oxgoad Lorekeeper

LoN is already on life support. I must be weird because I actually enjoy the game. But with a dev team of none, it seems like it's just a matter of time before they turn it off completely. I was surprised it survived the last round of game cancellations.

I have previously advocated for making some of the loot items available for purchase. Of course, I was more concerned with items that were announced but never released, i.e., special loot cards from the Drakkinshard set. But I welcome bringing some of the other loot items into the Marketplace.

I do agree that this should be done judiciously. As suggested, they should be priced to reflect their rarity and should not include items people can get through completing LoN solo scenarios.

If LoN has to die (not that I want it to), transitioning the cool gear to the Marketplace makes sense and avoids wasting intellectual property. But do it gracefully.
  13. Edrick Augur

They might keep LoN around for EQN.
    Oxgoad likes this.
  14. Pirouette Augur

Did you miss the part where I said I wanted that to change? I never said LoN items were earned. I said I wanted them to be earned.
  15. Pirouette Augur

What if we had a way to spend our Achievement Points? Put LoN items in an AP (Achievement Point) marketplace. Bam, easier to get, preserves rarity, don't have to code tons of new loot tables, make use of a currently worthless system.

Not to mention how much more use old content would get.
    Oxgoad likes this.