Heroic character's merc doesn't work(but takes money)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by cresta, Mar 21, 2014.

1. cresta New Member

I 'm having problem with my new Heroic character's journeyman5 mercenary.
    I cannot get this dps caster mercenary to be active.
    I used every ways I can think of to make it work, log on and off, zone out, click every merc window keys(auto assist on and off, tried call assist, burn, balance, you name it)
    It just stand there.
    It's been several days, never works. (previously i had tank merc came with heroic character, it was working no problem) My other character has dps merc too. but it's working fine.
    What seems to be the problem?

Thanks!@
    TheQxx likes this.
  2. Quirog Elder

I had a caster DPS merc do the same thing before heroic characters.. Best bet is just dismiss it and buy a different one possibly before merc skin also. The Bixie caster J5 just did not want to work for me (new bixie not old Bixie).
    TheQxx likes this.
  3. Gragas Augur

Take it to the arena, beat the crap out of it and kill it a couple hundred times.

Will it fix the problem? Not sure, but it will make you feel better.
  4. glormin New Member

Thanks! I'll try dismissing and re-hiring...

wait a min.. sounds like some companies ;)
  5. mogur Journeyman

Make sure you have yourself designated as MT too. It should assist you then.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I think that mogur means Main Assist.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It can fix it. I've had the same thing happen before where my merc stops working randomly, and killing it in the arena or via /duel usually works.
  8. Putrify Elder

This bug ruined my Saturday. Left toon and merc in GL while I had lunch. Came back to to dailies, merc wouldn't attack.

Auto-assist, call-assist, set 'm to passive, assist, aggressive, set me to MT, MA, etc. Suspended him, dismissed him, zoned, rebooted, drank beer--nothing helped.

Okay, the beer helped a little.

Spent an hour trying different things, then I petitioned, and 5 minutes later he was working fine--which may have just been a coincidence as they never contacted me.
  9. Karthanon Augur

I've had this happen as well, which gets annoying when it occurs just when I start fighting something.

Now I turn them on aggressive/Balanced (Apprentice merc, Tier V - Silver accts) well before I go out and start fighting so they at least take one payment - usually works. Usually. Sometimes there's no rhyme or reason (assist, stance, set back to passive...argh).