Everquest Font Help.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Khayos, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Khayos New Member

I am looking for a font for my Guild Website to make my Guild Name look like the Everquest Logo letters. Does anyone have any suggestions of where I may find a very similar font, or a fan made copy of the font?

Thank you in advance.
    TheQxx likes this.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

TheQxx likes this.
  3. Khayos New Member

Thank you Fanra, I have that font already, I will be using it as a back up but I am really looking for the connected letters look like in the Logo. So it is a great fall back font, but only after I am sure what I want cannot be found.
    TheQxx likes this.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Well, I wish you luck with that

However, I think that the artist just took the letters from Menuetto font and moved each letter to be next to each other (connected), angled them to form an arch and then set the color so that it goes from light to dark (top to bottom) and put a highlight around each letter.

I believe the EQ logo is a work of art, not a font, per se. Thus, created as I am guessing above.
    TheQxx likes this.
  5. Tecta99 New Member

6. Feradach Augur

TheQxx likes this.
  7. TheQxx Augur

So in a lot of cases, logos like the EQ logo are going to use a font as a foundation, like Menuetto, and then via tools in something like Photoshop, they would manipulate the word and make it unique. The only time you find "the exact EverQuest font, with the bend and the stylings" is if some good soul recreates the exact typeface and makes a font out of it.

After reading this thread, I downloaded the Menuetto font and quickly, while at work, I put together something that really resembles the actual EverQuest logo:

[IMG]

This started as generic default font and by simply goofing with the 'Create warped text' and 'Toggle the Character and Paragraph panels' buttons in Photoshop (outlined in red below), I got the results you see here:[IMG]

That will get it shaped the way you want. You'll notice that the font still looks a little thin. To beef it up, to a Layer Style > Stroke of the same color as the font. Will thicken the font up. Stroke is usually used to outline things, like the red boxes above are red strokes. But you can repurpose it to thicken up the font. Then, do some Inner bevels (Hard chisel), inner shadows or whatever you like to style it some more

A little practice and more than 15 minutes to spend on it (I'm at work) and I'm sure you can get it perfect. Especially since, if you're going to be styling your guild name this way rather than the word "EverQuest", it'll look perfect.

Hope this helps!
  8. TheQxx Augur

If you want to give me your guild's name and the dimensions you want the image to be, I'd be happy to take a shot at making you guys a banner in this style.
  9. Gragas Augur

After you know like update this one one? http://roiguild.org/ maybe?
    Iila and TheQxx like this.
  10. TheQxx Augur

Whoa, whoa....whoa, Gragas. You're simply getting mixed up in things, powers if you will, well beyond your understanding. The Slack™ isn't to be simply dismissed so carelessly; it is a force well beyond my and certainly your control. So when The Slack™ tells me it's time to do a website update, so it shall be. I am one with The Slack™. Arreewwww! Join me in slack, weak fleshling!

In the meantime, who wants some EverQuesty logos?!
    (Spoiler alert: I'll slack on those too)
  11. Charris Journeyman

TheQxx, id like to talk to you about maybe designing some EQ-font type wording for me, i sent you a PM, please respond to me at your earliest convenience, id be happy to pay you for your services. thanks.
  12. Iila Augur

I want an EQ style logo that contains a humorous recount of RoI's beating CotF T1b.