The Return of the 14th Anniversary Player Missions!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

Come celebrate the 15th anniversary of EverQuest by completing special missions from EverQuest’s history! For a limited time, play through unique missions that were designed during our 2012 SOE Live "Design a Mission" panel.

[IMG]

Starting March 19, 2014

Surviving Xmiticzin

A necromancer by the name of Xmiticzin has obtained a larger piece of a Cazic's shard and gained control over the artifact vault in Chapterhouse of the Fist. The Harbingers want his shard as part of their mission to revive Cazic Thule. Unfortunately, he is barricaded inside the vault and forces anyone trying to reach him to play demented games. In order to defeat him, you'll have to get through his games alive.

Big Gnomes, Big Problems

Giant skeletons have started attacking the gates of Ak'anon, and threaten to crush the small gnome army defending it. Join the resistance and help them not only stop the giant skeleton invasion, but uncover who's behind it all. Gnomish inventors will aid you in your mission, granting you boons like super-size, a flamethrower, and a top-secret bunny disguise. Best of all, the mission is level-agnostic, allowing characters of any level play through it together without the use of shrouds.

Ogres at the Gates

Sheriff Knotter Botter has gone out to discover the source of the giant skeletons attacking the gates of Ak'anon. After finding a camp of ogres to the northeast, the sheriff is convinced that the ogres are necromancers enchanting their dead and sending them to attack the gates.
    Unable to approach the ogres, the sheriff asks you to find a way to disguise yourself like the ogres and speak to them in order to discover whether they are the ones behind the giant skeleton attacks.

The missions that start March 19th will be live in game until Wednesday, April 30, 2014!

[IMG]

Starting March 26, 2014

Piestro's Day Off

Piestro was enjoying a day off wandering about the Great Divide, when the designers contacted him and gave him some alarming news: Bristlebane is making a huge stink about how the developers haven't paid him any attention lately, so he kidnapped one of them and stashed them away in the Plane of Mischief!

The design team has asked Piestro to find some brave adventurers to rescue the captured developer. You will have to play by Bristlebane's rules in his realm and become one of his wacky minions. What tricks does Bristlebane have in store for you and your fellow adventurers? Find out by entering the Plane of Mischief!

Evil Eye Operative

Huckle Thornleaf is the last remaining member of a covert task force whose sole focus was to gather intelligence on Xorbb's army. Alone in the woods, Huckle is bound by honor to remain at his post, but worries for the safety of his comrades who he believes were captured by Xorbb's minions. Luckily Huckle has a plan, and it involves you using the guise of an evil eye to infiltrate Xorbb's stronghold and rescue the remaining task force members.

To Thine Own Creator... Be True, or False?

Choose to either work with the minions of the First Creation in Convorteum to discover which of his creations has become a traitor, or to overthrow his tyrannical rule!

The missions that start March 26th will be live in game until Wednesday, May 7, 2014!

Remember to check back every Wednesday, because we always have something interesting for players to explore or accomplish in game.
  2. Fendy Augur

Live push with no server downtime?
  3. Symbius Augur

So they are splitting up the 14th Anni stuff so the can meet the whole weekly update thing. :rolleyes:
    beryon, TheQxx, Nerishau and 5 others like this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So what missions start on March 26th?

When does the stuff that went in today end?

Is there any chance we can get a single post of what went live when and when it ends, this is all getting very confusing? Also including the rest of what is going live over the next couple of weeks would be nice too.

Some one mentioned something about rares spawning faster, but no date, it would be nice to have more notice on that than we had on the double exp. I don't find it helpful when we are told after after an event is started.
    beryon likes this.
  5. Linora New Member

Am I right in thinking that these aren't relevant to people below level 95? Looking on Alla, although the rewards are Rec 100 Req 10, the bosses hit way too hard for anyone around 85-90. Previous years had different versions for different level ranges, did they stop that last year?
  6. Riou EQResource

The steam font one can be done by low levels
  7. A-Quad Augur

o_O that's all detailed in the OP

Either that, or their staff is simply stretched way too thin lately.

Regardless - it sucks.
  8. Mary Poppins Augur

You must forgive Yin. She has not been herself of late - too much My Little Pony.

And Yin, to answer your questions:

Start on the 26th - Piestro's Day Off, Evil Eye Operative, and To Thine Own Creator.

When does the 19th quests end - Wednesday, April 30.
  9. Demen New Member

Soe is taking this staggered content release to a whole new level
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Arggg they have split the 14th Anniversary content...... ARF it!

Getting sick of staggered releases!
  11. IGiveYouCash Lorekeeper

I honestly do not care about one new event a week like they said they would do, but this is not new it is old content... Glad I am not the only one who thinks this is completely moronic to stagger the release of the 14th year anniversary events. But hey I guess when things go wrong with the events they will only have a few to deal with. :rolleyes:
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Muvandog Journeyman

Is the "a_failed_creation" up in Convorteum for "To Thine Own Creator... Be True, or False?" tasks on any server?

Does this mob need to be spawned? Anecdotal evidence from other players suggests it was "always up" last year.
  13. Muvandog Journeyman

Nevermind, I can't read. I see it starts on the 26th.
  14. complexication Kassina

Staggered content or not, I'm just glad they're up

Though I wasn't too amused at the fact it took over four hours to finish Big Gnomes, Big Problems with just an sk and a druid.- definitely need moderately decent melee dps and caster dps to manage to blow through that one quickly.
  15. Bart Journeyman

The quest Big Gnomes, Big Problems the giant looses his buff all the time and can not get it back without camping or zoning.
  16. Divinejustice Lorekeeper

Couldn't finish Big Gnomes last year due to bugs ... looks to be the same this year. The loss of buff is annoying enough, but no spawns for final defend step makes it impossible to complete. I had been hoping a year would be long enough to actually fix whatever code was needed.
  17. Crystilla Augur

Hmm, we ran Big Gnomes for the first time ever last night but didn't have any issues at all with it here.
  18. Orbital101 Augur

Ya out of 6 mission i got that 3 times and got a run with double spawn on the quest squeletons to kill.
  19. Greniog New Member

Yes but as I posted in the bugs section..
    In the quest Big Gnomes, Big Problems:
    The spell Big Boneded cast on the Giant choice by Neringa Nobbles seems to wear off at random times I did quest and it lasted the whole quest and did again and lasted about 15-20 mins tops per time, I could not get the buff Big Boneded cast on me again till I camped out and would assume zoning out would do the same to remove the giant buff. It is just very annoying and disappointing to have to do this, does not seem like you should have to camp out or zone out to finish a mission you should never have to zone out of in the first place which I have done. Other than that one should I say "Giant" problem it went very smooth for us.
  20. smash Augur

Went through GD earlier today and saw Piestro.

I now read that it should not be ready until 26 marts, this on AB server