Decap Ripostes

Discussion in 'Melee' started by haswb, Mar 16, 2014.

1. haswb New Member

Hello All,

Since the beginning when decap was added to the game I have been unable to decap on a riposte. I have all necessary AA and I have seen plenty of other berserkers do it. For a while it was questionable whether it should even work and recently when browsing Eldiroth's comments that decap on ripostes:

"It works. We decided not to go with the "No Riposte" aspect."

I know this has been working for other zerkers for the longest time. I decided to enter in another support ticket for my toon.

" Hello, for a long time now my berserker has been unable to decapitate from a riposte. I think there are a small amount of berserkers that are bugged. If I copy my berserker to Test and reset the aa and repurchase the same AA I am able to decapitate from ripostes. I think this would be a simple fix and would involve resetting my frenzied defense aa and my decapitation aa so that I repurchase them. I know that decapitating from a riposte is supposed to work as I saw it was just commented on recently on the forums around the time of the last game patch by a developer. and I've seen a dozen other berserkers successfully decapitate from a riposte. Like I said I think there are a small amount of berserkers that are bugged and I require the best assistance I can get to get this straightened out."

My toon on test can decap on ripostes with the exact same aa as my toon on live who cannot. Maybe if more of us put in tickets this can be resolved.
    Wayylon likes this.
  2. haswb New Member

Just got a reply from a GM:

"Recent changes have been made to these types of skills. These kinds of abilities have been changed to not function on ripostes."

Is there something I'm missing? Am I crazy? I give up.
  3. Sinestra Augur

GMs in the game are quite often completely clueless as to what is actually happening. Never, ever take their word for something. They can be right occasionally, but more often then not they are lost. I would send a PM to Roshen or one of the Devs and ask them about it.
    Rorce likes this.
  4. Gragas Augur

Not sure if it ever fired from the riposte itself but from the "frenzied defense" swings (not to be confused with the frenzy button) that is triggered from a riposte, and I am pretty sure you are correct the problem lies in how/when you buy decap and then frenzied defense AA's (ie you buy Decap before maxing out frenzied defense or vice versa). I for one do not remember what order I bought them but pretty sure Frenzied Defense existed long before Decapitation was even a purchasable AA.

Trying to make sense of a message from a GM is like talking to the Mad Hatter, they talk a lot but never really say anything and tend to just confuse you.

When it comes to a character being bugged via the way AA's were purchased, would hope they would have the common courtesy to realize it is "above their pay grade" and forward it to someone who could actually resolve the issue.
    Enkel likes this.
  5. Quatreh Elder

iirc at beginning of the last " fixing mass killing pull" they would make decap not firing on riposte ... so i assume that decap CAN fire on riposte right ? i m in same case, decap doesn t fire on riposte :/