New World drops

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RPoo Augur

After listening to several people over the past year or so talk about how they don't like raid gear because it trivializes group content and they'd hate to make it any easier...
    I can see quite a few either destroying or making big profits instead of using them themselves. Otherwise they'd be hypocrites wanting to wear something so OP!
    porky likes this.
  2. Ratbo Peep Augur

As a hard working Group Ranger, I'd equip that gear faster than you could say: "Oops!, I sharted when I saw that drop!".
    As a class that needs all the AC/End/HP it can muster - seeing one drop would be "way cool".
    But they are hardly a game changer unless someone can amass a whole set including visables.
    Good luck with that part...... I think raiders can keep their jobs this year.
    -Rat
  3. Mykaylla Augur

I see what you did there. ;)
  4. Alwyzn- AB Journeyman

Says the one that thinks Kunark , Velious spawns need to be adjusted, haven't they made new raids since then?
    Yinla and Captain Internet like this.
  5. Siddar Augur

LoL group T1 CotF is no trade but T4 RoF raid gear off trash mobs can be traded.
  6. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

Bout time group gear got a boost.
  7. Iila Augur

Rainbowdash, Enkel and TheQxx like this.
  8. Mykaylla Augur

Correct, that is Augur.
    Rainbowdash and TheQxx like this.
  9. Iila Augur

This is the worst EQ news of the month.
    Sinestra and TheQxx like this.
  10. Captain Internet Lorekeeper

Yep. Easily. Augur was (still is) incredible. EQ lost one of its best.
    TheQxx likes this.
  11. MrGPAC Augur

This. I lead raids for a guild and I don't bid on gear...I manage to stay survivable with currency only, and I still have a blast doing it. I would be just as happy raiding without the gear drops to be honest. Heck, I might even be happier...I wouldn't have to deal with distributing all that loot.

Game is what you make of it. You can obsess over the destination or you can enjoy the journey. For me? This just made the journey a bit more enjoyable. I have more reason to kill trash mobs, more reason to loot them, and I may even get a few upgrades for a few of my boxes. And what I don't want/can't use? I just found a great way to help catch up new raiders in my guild. Seems win/win for everyone. Even if I only get 1 drop every 100,000 kills.

I guess people forget...even as recently as velious raid drops were often tradable. Further...you could get raid level gear as a grouper if you worked hard enough on some quests...the ring from Chardok is familiar, along with a few others.

I for one am psyched about this and plane of war...and it won't stop me from raiding or cause me to enjoy raid content any less.

~MrGPAC
  12. FcsevenXIII Augur

This new Marxist ideology will do more harm then good to the long term health of the game. The game is so far removed from the original vision they might as well rename it. Six or seven years ago this thread would have had thousands of replies by now from angry raiders. I can't believe the silence.
  13. Kelefane Augur

Thats because the game and everything happening with it has become a whole "meh, who cares" type of ordeal for a lot of raiders (and players in general) - In other words, a lot of EQ players have slowly become desensitized over the years to any changes that the devs make (no matter how negative that they are)

......and who knows how much of that mentality has spilled over to the casual and group game these days.

A lot of us are honestly looking for that one negative change that forces our retirement. That maybe sad, but its true. And this is why you dont hear much gripe or resist from raiders anymore. Not to mention, the raiding population is A LOT smaller now than it was several years ago too.
  14. FcsevenXIII Augur

I recall back when LoN was released folks were warning about the slippery slope. Another good one was the boiling frog analogy. Those were pooh poohed at the time but all these years later it looks like the fears were valid. I feel bad for the raiders who are just taking this without a fight. SoE is trivializing all of their time and hard work. Being a six night a week raider looks foolish at this point.
    Kelefane likes this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So many raiders have quit and very few of those left read the boards.

I guess this gives a good reason for CotF future raid items to be a larger upgrade of the previous.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Nooooooo

He was one of a few devs who activly tried to get feedback on new and changing things.

I'm hating EQNext more and more with every good dev we lose. EQNext just needs to go and die in a corner so we can have our devs back.
  17. Kimosavi Journeyman

EQNext = Sklylanders Everquest Edition. At least thats what Ive seen from the trailers thus far.
  18. Goth Augur

F me. Now i have a reason to go gold again..
    Ohh and i gota start looting corpses again. dang it.
    Gythlen and Andarriel like this.
  19. Lerilon Lorekeeper

Drama much? You'll still gear up WAY faster than a group player, especially a casual, at six nights a week raiding. From the looks of it, if a group player, even a boxer, were to play six nights a week, the hours a raider spends raiding, maybe one item a week or every two weeks would drop. And if they're a boxer, their whole crew would never be fully geared in this non-visible stuff for a couple years. I was a raider. I raided only 3 nights a week. I had all current (maybe not top tier, but current) raid gear within 6 months of an expansion coming out and the top tier we reached by the next expansion. ALL SLOTS.

If I could I would raid at least 3 nights a week again. I would not be the least bit threatened by this stuff dropping, as my boxes can use it, and I would use it to fill in spots I just wasn't getting the roll or DKP to buy.

So what if by next expansion groupers have 3 or 4 RoF T4 non-visibles. Heck, even if they get all 8 spots and a weapon. They are ready to raid T1 of the next expansion. They stay in the game because they are making progress.

This stuff is a win-win.
  20. Lerilon Lorekeeper

Oh, and when I was gearing up that fast, it was UF, and they didn't have currency earned during the raids. It was ONLY what dropped, not what dropped plus what I could buy off the raid vendor just for doing the raids. If I was most concerned with having the best stuff in the game as quickly as possible, I'd make the time to raid. Period.

But I'm playing for fun. When I do go back to raiding it will be a guild doing it more casually, that I only have to show up a couple to three times a week.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.